Want to be a moderator?
<b>A back-and-forth conversation means just that...and <em>not</em> bailing the minute someone really pisses you off.</b>

SukiesnowTiffaneeCarlaMarkymarkLil_PrincessDandyDonVicZincTrishCiscoKarpeTomboyJanetZolfieChuckTom

Nobody :)

VicZincLil_PrincessDarkest_SerenityMarkymarkTiffaneeChuckTomDandyDonBozetteOzSurferAdaSukiesnowCarla
A back-and-forth conversation means just that...and not bailing the minute someone really pisses you off.

Explained by Sukiesnow...

And remember ALL the good things YOU think you are...kind... generous... You have the ability to see both sides of an agrument...you are enlightened... patient... a lover of humanity...calm... thoughtful... judicious...etc... Let's see them put into action.

I never bail, I'll talk to anyone as long as they stay civil...

Platinum Platinum

Platinum Platinum

In response to “I never bail, I'll talk to anyone as long as...

You do...sometimes fading into the background is another alternative...:)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You do...sometimes //fading// into the...

No I don't....

Platinum Platinum

I will bail if it is obvious it is just going to end up in a fight or if someone is baiting me with their comments.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I'll leave the conversation if the attacks or name calling begins. I won't put up with that from anyone. I think name calling is so immature. If we can't agree to disagree, then the conversation ends.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I try not to jump. But if they same arguement goes round and round , i generally bow out

Carla Carla

In response to “I try not to jump. But if they same arguement...

What does darling Janet call them: Circular Arguments..:)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I've already made my comment on Bud's post. I'm tired of listening to people's ****. It's come to a point where a person can't even choose a political party, because let's face it, the fighting is 99% about politics.

Markymark Markymark

In response to “I've already made my comment on Bud's post...

I've got him blocked. He's a bully.

Yes...fighting and politics...lol... No one ever fights about underwear. Just sayin.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I've got him blocked. He's a...

Bud's not a bully ... his opinionated just like everyone else on here.

Haha Sukie ... I would never fight about underwear, especially women's underwear.

Markymark Markymark

In response to “Bud's not a bully ... his opinionated just...

I love that word: underwear. Everyone has it.

Bud is an ****. Not as much my opinion, but his own opinion about himself.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I'd just vote down for someone's underwear (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I'd just vote down for someone's underwear (hehe)

Well It's better then up or even on. (hehe)

Markymark Markymark

In response to “Well It's better then up or even on. (hehe)

(biggrin) I've just been hanging out with my teenage nephews, it's funny how I go down to their level rather than they come up to mine (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “(biggrin) I've just been hanging out with my...

It's much easy and you don't need to think much. (hehe)

Markymark Markymark

In response to “It's much easy and you don't need to think...

Exactly! Actually I've noticed that politicians adopt the same principle (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Exactly! Actually I've noticed that...

They do, they really do. What other job has full benefits, endless days off, a huge salary and their contribution to society is nil? (hehe)

Markymark Markymark

In response to “They do, they really do. What other job has...

Yes exactly! They don't produce anything or make any money. They basically just deal in other people's money while making a lot of their own money and getting a retirement fund that the rest of us could only dream about. I'd better bail now haha before one of us mentions the T word (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

If I feel that I lack the ability to keep calm and keep my big mouth shut I will walk away if someone pisses me off. It is more for my benefit than it is theirs.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “If I feel that I lack the ability to keep...

It's probably a generous mouth...and sweet. (hehe)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “It's probably a //generous// mouth...and...

It could be (hehe) Sadly if I get fired up it goes well beyond "Well Bless Your Heart"

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I agree although on rare occasions someone will get a basic comment, often something I've said in humour and turn it into a long back and forth conversation so they can use it to reiterate their position on something controversial, have the last comment and use me as the vehicle for all that. When I sense those, I bail immediately.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I don't call it bailing..

I call it knowing when to quit (sometimes not to even bother starting) because the other person keeps going on and on, like a rabid chihuahua barking at his shadow..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I don't call it bailing.. I call it knowing...

Lol...chihuahua...cute but not my fave dog.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Lol...chihuahua...cute but not my fave dog.

Not mine either but that's exactly the picture some people give me, with their gnarling..

DandyDon DandyDon

Calling names like "racist" "Hitler" "NAZI" and "anti-semite" and so forth lose the conversation.

Cezar Cezar

In response to “Calling names like "racist"...

Generally fade-out... I agree...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

thats not the internet debate way

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “thats not the internet debate way

What is?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “What is?

to be rude and attack the other person directly instead of retort. Worst tactics include: namecalling (LIBTARD!!) Deathwishing, Threatening with bull, Making horrible jokes, mocking upbringing, forcing untrue stereotypes (feminists get this ALLLL the time!) "Feminazi, You want men to die!" I just spent two years morning my father thank you

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “to be rude and attack the other person...

Retorting can be good for the person retorting... After that...hopefully they can come to a calm place...and either take a moment to say something nice about the other persons POV...yes, there IS that...and if that fails...agree to disagree...

Janet...some people come with so much of a different background than you do...but if they live in this world it's difficult not empathize with yours.

If this fails... All I can say is that some people are SO BITTER and SO ANGRY for some reason, there really is nothing one can do... It's too bad they take their opinions online instead of a Therapy Group...where they should be.

What do you think?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I agree, but also sometimes when you're upset, it's better to walk away instead of saying something your might regret later.

But I always like to try to end all negative convos on positive notes or attempting to find some common ground of some sort.

Zolfie Zolfie