Add Amirite to your Browser
Let's give credit where credit is due.  The Trump Administration has withdrawn the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).  This was an important and positive action taken by the new administration.

Don't Know

PhilboydStudgeThibaultvegan

Don't Care

Nobody :(

Other

MarkymarkTiffaneeSofiaTomboyJanetMaze

MarkymarkTiffaneeBozetteSofiaSukiesnowMazeCarla
Let's give credit where credit is due. The Trump Administration has withdrawn the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). This was an important and positive action taken by the new administration.

Yes, and any other administration would've done it too because it was one of the few instances of trans-partisan consensus. Trump is not all bad ideas. I find many of his ideas more palatable than Ted Cruz's would've been, for example.

Logan Logan

Agreed.

Bozette Bozette

Why is that a good thing? I've always thought there might be some benefit from being in a Universal Group.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Why is that a good thing? I've always thought...

The TPP elevated corporations over governments. If a government made a decision that cost a company money, they had the right to sue for damages.

'Trans-Pacific Partnership could prevent clearer food labelling – health advocates'

Under the free trade deal, a foreign company could sue the government if sales dropped after labelling was introduced, says the Public Health Association

https://www.theguardian.com/aus...alth-advocates

Maze Maze

In response to “The TPP elevated corporations over...

I don't know whom I hate more...gov'ts or corps.

So...belonging to TPP means preventing clearer food labelling?... How is preventing good food labelling a good thing? Esp with us having the French labels...

So a company in Spain could sue us if ...well...that would determine how much and if the company they were suing were, well worth it...c'mon there are so many other complexities...

Thank you Maze...for making the attempt and I can catch more of a glimpse of it now. :)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I am not sure how positive this is.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Time will tell.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Logan Logan

Both candidates promised to get rid of the TPP, but I'm pretty sure only one of them meant it. It looks to me like Trump is doing his level best to keep his promises, I admire that. If Obama had kept his promises, I'd still be a fan, but he didn't, which lead me to believe he was nothing but a new salesman for the same old agenda.

Maze Maze

In response to “Both candidates promised to get rid of the...

So it is a big deal...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “So it //is// a big deal...

I think it is.

Maze Maze

Whoops. I seem to have blown away the Agree and Disagree buttons. I can be such a noob.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge OP

I don't even know what the TPP is.

vegan vegan

I've read a little about it - there's up and downs, a lot of people in favour and against it.

I guess wait and see what happens is the best I can say in this situation.

Sofia Sofia

now whats the difference between this and the WTO

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet