Want to be a moderator?

For me it is

doctorwho1011Budwicksh9683JerryHendrickson

Absolutely not

LoganPhilboydStudgeDWFDW2TiffaneeOzSurferLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredTheAmazinZeddSofiaWill_JanitorJohannaprimeiro

Outer space is a myth

Nobody :(

I need more information

AliceD

Other

VicZincSunny_the_skepticvoxlugZonkeyBalls

doctorwho1011OzSurferWill_JanitorSukiesnowZonkeyBalls
Isn't outer space alone enough proof of God?

Explained by Jaxxi...

Where does space begin and where does it end? Many scientists say space is expanding and infinite. How can something be infinite and exist without God? Doesnt everything have a beginning and an end?

No. Just because it's amazing and beautiful and doesn't have an end, it doesn't mean it's work of a God. But believe what you want.

Sofia Sofia

What you are trying to say is theological lunacy, sorry. No god.

Johanna Johanna

In response to “What you are trying to say is theological...

Theological lunacy. That outer space is infinite?

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

In response to “Theological lunacy. That outer space is infinite?

So what? What does that have to do with God, whatever that is.

Johanna Johanna

The infinity of time and space are part of God.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I see no reason why there needs to be a god for something infinite to exist

DWF DWF

In response to “I see no reason why there needs to be a god...

Hahahaha! Thats funny. And part of what you say is correct. God is not infinite. God is timeless and eternal. Big difference.

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

In response to “Hahahaha! Thats funny. And part of what you...

I mean, the body of your post literally says "How can something be infinite and exist without God?"

DWF DWF

In response to “I mean, the body of your post literally says...

Right because if you break it down, atheists dont believe something can go on forever right? Everything has a beginning and an end, a cause and an effect, etc. Is that wrong?

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

In response to “Right because if you break it down, atheists...

All atheism is is not believing in any deities

DWF DWF

Humans trying to understand the universe is like an ant trying to understand New York. I just happy to stay in my ant burrow and deal with all the ant dramas :)

http://www.universetoday.com/14...xpanding-into/

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I think Thor should answer this question himself, but the last I heard, he was lost in the outer space.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Space has nothing to do with God ...heaven is in another dimension just next to us ...God is a higher being and one day you will meet him or her....

Platinum Platinum

Sofia Sofia

In response to “No. Just because it's amazing and beautiful...

Then who is it a work of? Did people create it?

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

In response to “Then who is it a work of? Did people create it?

I didn't said it's the work of anyone.

Sofia Sofia

Have you ever ever studied the universe?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Have you ever ever studied the universe?

As much as I am capable of, however it is kind of vast and dark and Im limited in my earthness, and gravity is no help...

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

Seems like proof that there is no god

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Seems like proof that there is no god

Thats just stupid.

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

In response to “Thats just stupid.

How so. If it turned out that there was only the earth then I would be inclined to say maybe the myths are true. But an infinite number of worlds and no mention of them anywhere in the mythology of the abrahamic god seems to imply that the story is either false or woefully lacking.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “How so. If it turned out that there was only...

Mythology? You mean in the Bible? Hows this...
He has made everything beautiful in its time. "Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."
(Ecc 3:11) How interesting....how would people back then know that we would search outer space and never find where it begins and where it ends? Thats basically saying it all right there! And if not, " There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory." 1 Cor. 15:41

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

In response to “Mythology? You mean in the Bible? Hows...

Well done.

Now how about the theories that say the big bang is the beginning and the universe has an edge?

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Well done. Now how about the theories that...

Well according to the newly applied quantum physics, the Big Bang is crap.
(Phys.org) —The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.
And this is from the scientists at Harvard

Galaxies extend as far as we can detect... with no sign of diminishing.There is no evidence that the universe has an edge. ... We know that the galaxies must extend much further than we can see, but we do not know whether the universe is infinite or not.

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

I talk to God every day just in case I believe in God just not the bible cause that is pure midevil fiction.

No, because that argument is not using logic.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

You are onto something huge Jaxxi! Creation itself is rock hard physical and logical evidence of the existence of God.

Even science will agree that the Universe could not have created itself. Nay sayers will fight tooth and nail to attribute Creation to anything but God.

Stick to your guns Jaxxi! This is important, and you are correct.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “You are onto something huge Jaxxi! Creation...

Are you... Wait... I promised Darkey not to get in any poli... Is this religion? So difficult to determine.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Are you... Wait... I promised Darkey not to...

I am.
then, don't get into any poli!
Yes.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I am. then, don't get into any poli! Yes.

:D :D :D (I can't even fight you now, when you're a bloody punisher at the site... :P)

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “:D :D :D (I can't even fight you now, when...

Suit yourself Zonkey. Not sure what you mean by bloody punisher, but you are entitled to your opinions no matter who I am.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Suit yourself Zonkey. Not sure what you mean...

Thank you. In the early days, this was a bit like Wild West and uhmm... It wasn't really suiting me. These days, it seems that people are more recipient to the kind of humor that I represent, without trying to kill me all the time.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Thank you. In the early days, this was a bit...

Well, there's that old 'time and place' thing, you know? Everyone like a joke now and then - but know your audience I guess might be good advice. Like cracking jokes at a funeral might be in poor taste.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Well, there's that old 'time and place'...

I would love people having a good joke or a thousand at my funeral. Where is your creativity? I wouldn't mind. I'd be dead. I cracked a joke at my dad's funeral and everybody was laughing through their tears. Why does everything has to be so serious? That is the one question my dad told me to study. And I learned it.

You Americans and that "poor taste" of yours... So bloody hypocritical. My dad will piss on your graves, even with his ghost pee. ;o) ;o)

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I would love people having a good joke or a...

Zonkey - I understand. And sometimes lighthearted jokes might be fine even at funerals - but you got to admit, it's a risk. It's a very painful time for family members. THEY can probably get away with a joke easier.

Not looking to get into a disagreement on the post.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Zonkey - I understand. And sometimes...

Never my intension, but I just wanted you to know, that despite the so-called "chasm" between different generations, my father was a very humorous man. He was an old-schooler, but he always enjoyed an "off-joke". An I'm just trying to carry on. There was absolutely nothing to disrespect him with my joke, it was a good, tell-tale about the old times. And it was with full respect.

I just found it uneasing, why you pulled that funeral theme so suddenly. It's... I guess it's cultural differences, again.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I enjoy good humor, and I crack jokes at all funerals. Without humor we are bland and lame.

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

This is not religion.

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

OH gosh now that fake personality is telling you what to do??

Why thank you Budwick! My main point is to get people thinking about it and I believe its working.

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

In response to “Why thank you Budwick! My main point is to...

You are welcome Jaxxi! And, even though it means absolutely nothing, you are awarded the Budwick First Prize of the Day! [It's not an Amirite thing, it's a Budwick thing]

Budwick Budwick

In response to “You are welcome Jaxxi! And, even though it...

Thank you!That means a lot to me!

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP

There's no proof, belief despite a lack of proof is the linchpin of the whole belief-system, i.e. faith.

That's the whole idea.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

No it is not proof of anything, but look on the bright side, if you have faith you don't need proof. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Which God? Outer space could be the bottom of somethings teacup for all we know. God would be proof of God, but where is He? Where is His sister and who is His mother?
Why did God not also make a sister for Jesus, and yes I know Jesus is actually God but still.......

voxlug voxlug

This is what is referred to as "God of the gaps" thinking. Simply because science cannot explain how the universe was created doesn't mean there must be a God.

The supernatural has long been used to explain naturally occurring phenomena. Many older religions had explanations for why it rained, what caused lighting and thunder, how the Earth was created, etc.. Eventually, by using science, we came up with much more satisfactory answers. I suspect this may be the case with the beginning of the universe.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

That makes no sense at all. Go take some science classes.

Why would you think so? Look deeper. Isn't the fact that we can discuss the Universe proof of God?

DW2 DW2

DW2 Not to me, I talk to God, but he never talks to me. Mean old man God is

For people who believe in God, everything is proof of God. Not so much for people who don't.

Logan Logan

It's proof of the opposite, no heaven no nothing just a wide endless plain of dust, rocks, dying and yet to die stars and some planets here and there.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Then what is dreaming and why do we do it? And...why is it when our dreams are so completely different than our only truth we know is our reality, we dont know we are dreaming? Its a clue that tells us we dont know shit about how this works, because we didnt create it....but Someone did...

Jaxxi Jaxxi OP