Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeStarzAboveChuckTomOzSurferWill_JanitorSukiesnowCarla
What do you do when you know someone will fight with you the next time you see each other?

Explained by Sofia...

(When I say fight, I mean verbally) - I know someone who, the next time we see each other, will try to pick a fight with me. Since I don't like that person, chances are I'll snap depends on what she says. I don't deal well with people who I dislike speaking about me, and this is the type of person that will try to insult you with a superior attitude, which I really dislike. I'm already getting annoyed (-_-) I hate this.

I would do anything in my power to avoid that person.

Tiffanee

I'll try to keep calm, and not jump into the fire, but I'm not feeling confident about this.

I can be quick to anger when dealing with people I dislike.

Sofia Sofia OP

I have a relative like that, they think they have he answer for everything and they ask you questions just so that they can tell you you're wrong. I have avoided them for about ten years now. But I guess you're not in a position to do that?

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Sadly...

(eek)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Since this is me giving you advice...I can say what I want. Right.

You can be snippy and direct, too, missy. I've gotten used to it and I like you now...but there was a time when I wasn't sure.... And I understand you are at a different stage of your life...

My advice would be to: don't even let it register on the computer of your mind. Sail past it. Look at it with love. If you don't like that person...that's all about you...and you know that. There is something about that person that you can't stand about yourself. I understand that. You also can have a superior attitude.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Since this is me giving //you// advice...I...

Well, I'll give you an advice of my own: don't try to analyze me and tell me about my life and my feelings, because all you just said really doesn't fit with the reality of the situation.

I dislike this person because she's not a good person - not because I see something of me in her. So, no, I don't know that, and neither do you. I didn't even explained the entire situation, so I'm not sure why are you trying to describe it. I asked what would you do if you had to face someone you knew wanted to fight with you, using a general view of my own situation. You didn't answer my question.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Well, I'll give you an advice of my own:...

So...you asked; and I answered. That should at least be respected. You cannot control how people comment.

True. What I would do is the same as I instructed you to do...when I said "My advice would be to...etc."

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “So...you asked; and I answered. That should...

I'm not controlling any comment. I'm not disrespecting anyone. So, I don't see your point.

You told me how I feel and why I dislike this person. You were wrong and I said so. You told me how I should react in my situation. You didn't said that's how you react or if this ever happened to you. I give advises to people that I wouldn't follow, because we're different people, with different situations. You were speaking about me, not you. So that's why I said you didn't answer my question. Hope that helps to understand why I said what I said.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I'm not controlling any comment. I'm not...

I don't see your point, either, Sofia. So that makes us even.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I don't see your point, either, Sofia. So...

Actually, it doesn't. I was being sarcastic and ignoring your attempts to insult me, because I wasn't sure if you were doing on purpose or not.

My point is - you are talking about me, not you. I asked about you.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Actually, it doesn't. I was being sarcastic...

No, that's wrong: it's not sarcastic. It's more like... playing coy? I think that's the correct expression. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't jumping the gun on this and assume things wrong.

Sofia Sofia OP

But I did (after you pointed it out) say that "What I would do is the same as I instructed you to do...when I said 'My advice would be to...etc.'"

So here: I copied it out...what I wrote in the first comment. So I hope that is what you wanted to hear.

This is what I would do:

What I would do is: not to let it register on the computer of my mind. Sail past it. Look at it with love. If i don't like a person....that's more about me...everyone knows that... There is something about this person that I dislike about myself. I understand that.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “But I //did// (after you pointed it out) say...

I'm not sure why you're still replying as if I'm still asking for you to answer my post. I only asked once for you to answer (on my first reply).

My second reply was me explaining my reasoning behind my first reply. My third reply was me saying what my point is, since you said you didn't get it. On neither of those comments I was asking for you to answer the post. As you said, you answered right after I pointed it out - "What I would do is the same as I instructed you to do...". I saw that for myself.

Sofia Sofia OP

That's kinda rude, you have just insulted the OP and not answered the post...

Platinum Platinum

In response to “That's kinda rude, you have just insulted the...

This has nothing to do with you.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “This has nothing to do with you.

You are both my friends, so it does concern me....and I tell it as I see it....I think your comment was out of order...

Platinum Platinum

Tiffanee

In response to “I would do anything in my power to avoid that...

I kind of want to do that, but I really just want to get this over with, and I can't really avoid this person for long.

Sofia Sofia OP

Good morning, friend!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Good morning, friend!

Good morning!

Tiffanee

In response to “Good morning!

Enjoy your day!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Avoid them if it's possible , if it's not the I would have no choice but to try and resolve the problem between us.

Been there a few times , sometimes it worked out great , sometimes not so great.

I'll give you two examples Sophia

One Irish Woman colleague under me at the time I kept arguing with became my Best friend. She got to know me after I had it out with her and saw me as less of a threat and we had a great time together going to Irish pub lock ins. XD

Drinking copious amounts of alcohol ,Singing at the top of our voices , Dancing on the bar and tables until the early hours of
the morning. Going back to hers and snogging her Brother (She didn't know about that little detail but I can't resist rugged Irish Men) (hello)

(I think my Liver went into rehab when Kay went back to Ireland.) :P

One South African Woman who was pissed I was seeing her ex , threw one of my ornaments across my flat at my head when I invited her up for a glass of Wine and a chat because of the tension that had been building between us. lolz things got very physical at that point I think I clumped Debbie with the Wine bottle but I can't be sure.

All I remember is a friend (a Guy) pulling us off each other or at least trying. lolz (beye)(beye) I think he got more than one whack too.

["Never come between two Women fighting unless you're wearing padding Guys. (beye) we're Vicious and will aim for your Balls everytime".] lolz (hehe)(hello)(hehe)

I should make this a Serenity thought for the day (hehe)

(I think I realised things could never be resolved with Debbie when a mutual friend told me She was hoping I'd fall under a Bus and Die , so her and my fella could be together.) I actually watched my Back for a while because She was that Jealous I thought She may of been the one to push me under.)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “Avoid them if it's possible , if it's not the...

Lol xD I'm pretty sure things won't get physical.

Sofia Sofia OP

I have people like that here on Amirite. No matter what I have said or not said, they arrive and start picking a fight. Sometimes I take the bait, big mistake, other times I just ignore them, and if it gets really bad they are blocked. I wonder about the mentality of people who only want to fight or disagree with others. Guess they lead a very miserable life.

They would be much happier if they got along with others or at least be civil to one another.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Agreed.

(y)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Try to be nice at first, then if that doesn't work ...

Markymark Markymark

In response to “Try to be nice at first, then if that doesn't...

Lol, nah xD I'm not one to get physical.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Lol, nah xD I'm not one to get physical.

Okay, I understand, but Lucille is there for ya. (hehe)

Markymark Markymark

In response to “Okay, I understand, but Lucille is there for...

She's too bloody for me xD

Sofia Sofia OP

I think the key is to shut them down before they get a chance to snipe at you. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Just go about my life, I can't change how other people behave. What can you do? No sense in worrying about. Tell them to kick rocks and go about my day. The end.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Just go about my life, I can't change how...

I wish I could do that.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I wish I could do that.

You can, you'll have to eventually. Just realize that no amount of arguing is going to make them stop talking about you, it will only feed them more ammunition. Letting it go is the quickest way to shut down that nonsense.

Besides, allowing it to bother you only punishes you and that's a pretty counterproductive thing to subject yourself to when you just want to exist in peace, right?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “You can, you'll have to eventually. Just...

I can't. There's just some things that I can't just say "Yeah, whatever". It doesn't always work.

I live with this person. And this is not just "she's talking about me" problem - yeah, I dislike that kind of attitude, but the real problem isn't just that. If it was, I would be fine.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I can't. There's just some things that I...

Live with ? As a partner or sharer

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Live with ? As a partner or sharer

Sharer.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Sharer.

Stop sharing...you move or she moves..who owns the place

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Stop sharing...you move or she moves..who...

None of us own it. And none of us will move. Eventually, it will work out.

Sofia Sofia OP

Ah... that's a whole other creature altogether. And yes, I understand it's more than saying "whatever."

It's just that at the end of the day, being upset doesn't change anything, you know? It only punishes you twice.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

Sofia Sofia OP

Sofia, you are very good with words.
I feel certain you can shut this woman down with words.
Choose them wisely and she will be left with her jaw dropped

Carla Carla

In response to “Sofia, you are very good with words. I feel...

Let's hope so.

Have this happened to you? Not my situation. But someone you knew that wanted to pick a fight with you.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Let's hope so. Have this happened to you?...

Oh, yes sofia.
My best defense is to just shut those people down.
And when there is a witness, it generally is the last time that shit comes from the same direction again.

Just know that no one....no one is superior to you. That kind of attitude will serve to make her appear...small

Carla Carla

This never happens.

ChuckTom ChuckTom

In response to “This never happens.

Lucky you xD

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Lucky you xD

I didn't mean to sound flippant(?)... I'm finally at a stage in my life where I don't have to go to school, work, family reunions, meetings, etc. so I rarely meet up with folks who piss me off no end.

ChuckTom ChuckTom

In response to “I didn't mean to sound //flippant//(?)... I'm...

Lol, I didn't thought you sounded flippant xD

I do have to deal with people I dislike. I can't avoid it, even if I wanted to.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Lol, I didn't thought you sounded flippant...

I feel for you, S... you want to get along but some people are too proficient at being miserable and this sad fact makes your life's journey unnecessarily difficult.

ChuckTom ChuckTom

If someone is not nice you can do a few things,
And you are.........? for people who are ugly and you don't see often. That makes them so insignificant as to not even register on your radar.
Are you having a bad day? for people who are just ugly and you want them off guard.
How long are we going to do this? for people who you want to resolve issues with.
And last and most effective just silence and a long pause, the just walk away.

Good luck.

ozzyboy

In response to “If someone is not nice you can do a few...

Thank you :)

Sofia Sofia OP

Just laugh at them...tell them you don't like them and to move on...with some people this will work and others it won't ..

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Just laugh at them...tell them you don't like...

It won't work with this one xD If I laugh, it will make everything worse. She's aware I don't like her already.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “It won't work with this one xD If I laugh, it...

Beat her up....hehe

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Beat her up....hehe

Lol, no. Not my way of resolving stuff.

Sofia Sofia OP

Not show up or show up and take it like a man

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I've never been in that position

Trish Trish

Try not to see them. I do not involve myself in fighting of any sort.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I will avoid the person at all cost or ready to pick a fight if I'm angry too.

MKDan MKDan

Make sure I see him first. :)

DW2 DW2

give it 20 years....then send a card

Freeranger Freeranger