Has someone - unknowingly - ever <em>emotionally</em> hurt you?

TiffaneeOzSurferAdaSukiesnow
Has someone - unknowingly - ever emotionally hurt you?

Explained by ChuckTom...

Or maybe you are too sensitive?

Yes, many times.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Yes, many times.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Too many times. I learned my lessons the hard way.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

When my wife left, I was a emotionally devastated. We'd been together a long time. I discovered that I didn't just lose her, our home, our neighbours, our pets, her family who were like my own family, but I also lost all our couple friends who weren't interested in maintaining the friendship with just one of us. Yes I was emotionally hurt, I think if I was insensitive enough to cope with that then I would have also been emotionally insensitive during the relationship.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “When my wife left, I was a emotionally...

I don't know what to say, Dallas... it sounds like your entire life was swept out to sea.

ChuckTom ChuckTom OP

In response to “I don't know what to say, Dallas... it sounds...

Yeah pretty much, I'm starting again like I did when I was 25. But then I had people my own age that I had things in common with and was also in demand as an employee.

Coincidentally about an two hours ago I met up with a group of people that I haven't seen for about 20 years, but after 2 minutes, i found I had nothing at all in common with them, they were all talking about their kids, partners, homes... selling their business..retirement, investments. At the end they all swapped phone numbers and said, we all must catch up again, but i was not invited. This is normal though. Nobody wants a single guy with no kids tagging along. If i could borrow a wife and kids for a day or two a week I could probably come across as more socially acceptable. Family get togethers are particularly bad for this. They all have their own families and they talk to me like there's something wrong with me... they can't relate... they want to try and set me up with their friend or tell me to buy a dog, or live in a commune or something... or say oooh thats right, you are single... so how's that working out for you?

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Yeah pretty much, I'm starting again like I...

Concerning your deepest feelings and experiences, you are perhaps the most honest man on Amirite. I wish I had half the self-awareness and emotional wisdom you have, man.

ChuckTom ChuckTom OP

In response to “Concerning your deepest feelings and...

Thanks! you seem to do ok... sorry to ramble on though... sometimes I have no social filter lol

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Thanks! you seem to do ok... sorry to ramble...

I am as socially awkward as they come. It takes a lot for me to open up to anyone. This is why I say you have that ability I sorely lack.

ChuckTom ChuckTom OP

In response to “I am as socially awkward as they come. It...

Oh i see... i'm sorry to hear that... i have social anxiety issues sometimes which keeps me quiet in real life situations but on here i find it much easier.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Of course.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Yeah, but I set myself up for it. So...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Explain.

lol Suffice to say, I knew it would happen, but failed to prepare myself for the obvious. I know they didn't mean to, takes a special kind of @$$ to deliberately hurt people and they didn't fit that category, I just knew that they would.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

You don't do this.

DWF DWF

Unknowingly? No, never.

trooper trooper

yes, but if it is unknowingly, then I don't mention it. Unless it is my husband or my son, because they care enough to listen to me and be objective about it.

76May 76May