What does your video gaming history look like?  Favorite consoles?  Favorite games?

Lil_Princessdoctorwho1011TiffaneeOzSurferAdaWill_JanitorMashaSukiesnowCarlaZonkeyBallsJack1212
What does your video gaming history look like? Favorite consoles? Favorite games?

I had an Atari back in 1985. That's about it. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/20150605/52166...

This is Fallout right? I have never given this franchise a try....have heard great things about it though.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “This is Fallout right? I have never given...

Yes. It's interesting to walk in places you've actually been, in a video game.

trooper trooper

I've been playing video games since the first Atari system came out! Now I help develop games for Shenandoah Studios and Slitherine games and love it. Too many good ones to just pick one. www.slitherine.com

Rooster Rooster

I stopped playing in May of 2015. Things were getting out of hand and I had just returned after a temporary ban cause my southern temper got the best of me.

I played Perfect World International, Defiance just for the PVP, The Crew, and a few others.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “I stopped playing in May of 2015. Things were...

Yea I've heard of none of that *begins googling*

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Yea I've heard of none of that *begins googling*

They were fun but some guys don't like having their **** handed back by a girl (crs)

I use to get some of my best sniper shots while painting my nails

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “They were fun but some guys don't like having...

Haha, I am TERRIBLE at the shooter games. I used to try to play Call of Duty online years back and I'd be the one that is stuck facing the corner and kills himself with his own grenade.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Haha, I am TERRIBLE at the shooter games. I...

That was me first starting out. (hehe)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I've heard this a lot, I was watching a youtube vid about a girl gamer who beat the guys so badly that they thought she was cheating, so she had to play live on video to prove it to them. A couple quit when they realised she was that good.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I've heard this a lot, I was watching a...

Yea I got accused of cheating and using over powered weapons...I told him it wasn't my fault he didn't know how to play the game right. Some games I could play with my eyes closed.

That fool is the reason I got a temp ban because he ran his mouth and I couldn't stop running mine.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

None. Video games are about as fun as watching grass grow to me.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “None. Video games are about as fun as...

You might feel differently if you watched what I can do to Hips Don't Lie on Just Dance 2017.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I played pong for a minute and a half.
Video games bore me to tears.

Carla Carla

In response to “I played pong for a minute and a half. Video...

Well they have improved upon them a bit since your last attempt...lol

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Well they have improved upon them a bit since...

Ha!
My grandson plays alot, too much
He has tried to get me involved, i have tried. Just not my gig

Carla Carla

Same here and find it a little weird that anyone over the age of 15 plays them. They see something in them that I don't.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Same here and find it a little weird that...

I personally think it robs kids of the their ability to occupy themselves.
Constant stimulation.
Little opportunity to excersize their imagination

Carla Carla

In response to “I personally think it robs kids of the their...

Anything in excess will do that....

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

Yeah it turns kids into zombies but I don't understand sport either. Seeing a bunch of grown men chasing a ball around seems a little backward but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Yeah it turns kids into zombies but I don't...

I completely agree about the sport thing.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

It's no different than sitting down to read a fictional book or watch a movie. They just give you a bit more control over the actions of the characters.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “It's no different than sitting down to read a...

Books stimulate your imagination. You can't say that about a video game.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Books stimulate your imagination. You can't...

Depends on the games you play....I love games that are very highly story driven and they require just as much imagination as reading a book does. They give you an entire world to uncover and explore.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Depends on the games you play....I love games...

To reference back to Carla's answer....Pong of course wouldn't be this type of game. But games have changed. A lot of them play like an interactive movie. Some have gigantic worlds with loads of backstory that has you reading a book while you play.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “To reference back to Carla's answer....Pong...

I think a lot of people still think of games like those ancient kinds of pacman or donkey kong games.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

A false world. And it is visual
There is so much to explore in the physical world. Even if ones world is small

A book requires you to imagine what the author is showing you. And the interpretation is up to the reader.

Carla Carla

In response to “A false world. And it is visual There is so...

So you never read books or watch movies that involve fictional places/worlds? Visuals still require the brain to process them and rarely does one brain see exactly what the other brain is seeing. Take painting for example....I've seen people try to rip each other's throat out over discussing the meaning behind a painting. Visuals require just as much interpretation as text does.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “So you never read books or watch movies that...

I think it is always hard to understand why something interests one person to the point of obsession while it generates not one second of interest to yourself.

I love golf. I like to play it and I like to watch it. On the other hand, I have no interest in watching or playing basketball. People could argue either way forever just about those 2 activities. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I think it is always hard to understand why...

You're right Will.....because just seeing the words
"golf" and "watching" in the same sentence made my eyes get heavier, LOL.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

No. Fictional books require the same, or more.

I suppose it is personal preference.
I see, writing, music, painting, sculpture, etc. As forms of art. To be absorbed and appreciated and digested. Tastes and interpretations vary.

I can see how you consider video games fall into the catagory of art.

I just do not:)

Carla Carla

In response to “No. Fictional books require the same, or...

You're right....we all see different things as art. And a game incorporates every last one of those mediums of art you just mentioned into one product. Writers create the stories. Composers write the soundtracks. Artists and sculptors create the designs and models of the visuals that go into the game, etc.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “You're right....we all see different things...

I can see that
I am a dinosaur.
Soon the astroid of technology will take those like me out:]

Carla Carla

In response to “I can see that I am a dinosaur. Soon the...

Why not embrace it? I could recommend you some great games, haha.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Why not embrace it? I could recommend you...

Ive embraced as much as i care to.
Im here, no?

And i dig google!

Carla Carla

In response to “Ive embraced as much as i care to. Im here...

I do applaud you for getting the hang of these here internets. Ever waste any time on YouTube?

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “I do applaud you for getting the hang of...

Oh yes. Found it through google.
Just to look at the links posted here, to understand where someone is coming from.

And of course for the music. I work out to youtube. But, dont create playlists and such. I keep it simple for my stupidity

Carla Carla

In response to “Oh yes. Found it through google. Just to look...

Be honest now......you've worked out to this haven't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGKHqYEMqc

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Be honest now......you've worked out to this...

Ha! Again.
No. Not quite

Carla Carla

In response to “Ha! Again. No. Not quite

Me neither *stops making eye contact as I say that*

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Me neither *stops making eye contact as I...

Watches you blush
It's alright, we all have our secrets

Carla Carla

In response to “Watches you blush It's alright, we all have...

This can stay between us right? lol

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “This can stay between us right? lol

Im a vault...

Carla Carla

In response to “Im a vault...

Lol, I'll remember that.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Lol, I'll remember that.

;)

Carla Carla

The newest and best story driven games are like the most intricate novels but only larger, with more detail and allows the player to an extent to make decisions, learn from mistakes and direct the story based on their own principles etc. I love readying but some games like this are just amazing and emotionally and intellectually challenging.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I agree. I find it very childish. Look at the characters in those games. They are like characters you would see on a 5 years old bedroom wall.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I agree. I find it very childish. Look at the...

I know. I dont get it
But you dont get my appreciation of some sports.
To each our own, i reckon:)

Carla Carla

You need to watch me play the Witcher. I wouldn't let my 5 year old put these characters on his wall 😂

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

I like role playing games that are very well written like a complete novel or movie, with amazingly detailed character development and story and plots that are also just as intricate.

So stand out ones for me would be,

Beyond two souls
(With Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe)

The Last Of Us
Life is strange

And for the most amazing interactive city experience, GTA5 is a must for anyone just to have a look around. Based on LA but with the names changed it is the most expensive game ever made at over a quarter of a billion dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Csw8G6yruE

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I like role playing games that are very well...

Finally some backup lol.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Finally some backup lol.

Some of our friends on here are the most enlightened people I've ever met. But in the case of video games, the term "video game" can mean different things to different people.

Most people aren't aware of the incredible way they have evolved over the years from mindless death and destruction such Duke Nukem (i know it had humour) and Wolfenstein etc.

While they were fun when I was a kid, if I had kids now and I found them spending every evening playing games like this I'd be an unhappy parent lol so I can relate to what the others are saying.

It's difficult to describe the best modern video games to anyone that hasn't played them other than saying they are like an interactive book or movie where you can make decisions and choices that affect the outcome, affect relationships between the characters and have moral implications too and really make you think. Good post by the way :)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

MSX (1985-1989): Way of The Tiger, Jack the Nipper, Jetset Willy 2, etc.

PC (1989-): Digger, Grand Prix Circuit, F1GP+F1GP2+F1GP3, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum: Of Steamworks And Magick Obscura, Far Cry+Far Cry 3, pretty much all Finnish made games, Goat Simulator, etc.

PSX (1999-2001): Gran Turismo+Gran Turismo 2, Metal Gear Solid, Colin McRae Rally, Colin McRae Rally 2.0, etc.

Tetris is the best RPG ever. I am square!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I can't actually believe this, but I forgot the period of time I was playing World of Warcraft. I guess... I just didn't see it as a computer game, as such... It was more like a social network, with occasional deaths and kills. I always preferred to play PvE, because by my true nature, I'm not confrontational. I have absolutely no idea, why I forgot playing that silly game for two years. Then again, when I started, PvP was the only option and my PTSD was kicking in, strongly.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I can't actually believe this, but I forgot...

I never got into WoW.....I loved the old Warcraft games on PC though...I had many an all-niter playing the likes of Warcraft 2.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “I never got into WoW.....I loved the old...

I also forgot to mention the silly Wing Commander series... Well, the first two. Setllers - again, the first two. How about all of those lovely LucasArts productions?! Wonderful games. And Leisure Suit Larry+LSL2+LSL3? Al Lowe was my hero!!

EDIT: Roger Wilco... Damn... Forgot him completely... Also, had a lot of fun creating faces on Police Quest 3 - the "computer" gave a lot of room to play with them in that sector. And then, naturally, 4D Boxing! I hacked those files with a hex editor and the results were shocking!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I also forgot to mention the silly Wing...

Oh god the Police Quest series....lol....I know I tried a couple of them but I think the only one I played all the way through was Police Quest IV. I can remember going into a rage when I would click on the wrong thing and the narrator would chastise me for it.

Speaking of Wing Commander......did you ever see the travesty of a movie they made based off of the video game series? Lol, such garbage.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Oh god the Police Quest series....lol....I...

My child-like brain would've gone to total fritz, had I seen that sort of stupidity.

Then again, I think Blizzard did fine job with the WoW movie. It was good, not brilliant, but very watchable. They should make movies based on Manic Miner and Bubble Bobble. I'd watch them!

EDIT: How about a movie about a rabbit and a dog?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5911db902bc...

Ugh this brings back memories of when online gaming first started. I had friends with much better systems to play it on that would on my screen literally be running through walls to come kill me, lol.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Ugh this brings back memories of when online...

lol, Quake and beyond, I am still playing games and will so forever, well until I go blind, perhaps there are braille games then.
I feel for you and you lag, you must have be scared for life.

voxlug voxlug

In response to “lol, Quake and beyond, I am still playing...

I got with the times and caught up soon enough....shooters were never my strength though. The same slaughter I would suffer playing a shooter I could dish out playing a game like Starcraft.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “I got with the times and caught up soon...

Same, RPG my favorite.. Starcraft, I have it on steam but have not got really into that yet.
Playing mindless Mad Max at the moment, I love the art in it.

voxlug voxlug

In response to “Same, RPG my favorite.. Starcraft, I have it...

My last couple months have been a back and forth between Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Loving both games but feel like i'm ready for something new. Need to finish one of these games off soon.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “My last couple months have been a back and...

Played Witcher 1 and 2 a stunning game, what is 3 like compared to the first two?

voxlug voxlug

In response to “Played Witcher 1 and 2 a stunning game, what...

I've never played the first 2 but this game is beautiful and huge......I'd say a basic playthrough needs at least 150 hours if you go on an average difficulty. There's a ton of story from the first two games because I've had to read up on some of the plot and characters. Others that have played the first two seem to think it's quite comparable.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “I've never played the first 2 but this game...

Nice one, might try it once i am finished with my waiting list. I seem to have less and less time for games these days.

voxlug voxlug

In response to “Nice one, might try it once i am finished...

Yea my backlog is huge too....it gets wiped out every few years when I finally cave and end up buying the new system that is out. I always tell myself I'll go back and play the games from the prior system but I never do.....

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

GTA v undoubtedly is the best game I've played on Xbox!

Jack1212 Jack1212

I like platformers. I own a PS2 and a GBA, and classics like the Atari, original GameBoy and GameBoy Colour. It's too bad Crash isn't in the picture, played a lot of that as a kid.

Well, now he is.

Masha Masha

If you give me a round to warm up first, I can whoop **** in Super Smash Bros. Melee ..... as Yoshi

Wunderscore

PC Console is my favorite.

JDJohnson