Mod Team
<b>There is a point where someone's intimacy levels may not meet yours.</b> <em>What happens then?</em>

SukiesnowJustJimColoRoosterTiffaneePhilboydStudgeMashaLiViOzSurferJaxxi

Nobody :)

PhilboydStudgeDarkest_SerenityTiffaneeOzSurferAdaSukiesnowCarla
There is a point where someone's intimacy levels may not meet yours. What happens then?

You try something different to re-ignite the spark!

Rooster Rooster

could be

Freeranger Freeranger

Frustration.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Rooster Rooster

Deal with it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

End it.

That is one thing that has to be in-sync or the relationship won't work.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “End it. That is one thing that has to be...

No second chances?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

If one is always left wanting, in any sense, it will never work

Carla Carla

Intimacy does not generally mean ****. When someone's level either does not meet your level or you do not meet theirs...you need to consider readjusting....

You can't expect what may never happen...but yet it still might...if someone grows in trust and love.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

The couple needs to talk about it. If this doesn't help and you're not married, you break up. If you are married and it is unresolved, you "take matters into your own hands".

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “The couple needs to talk about it. If this...

Yes...ahem... "Take matters into your own hands" sounds lovely...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

A conversation

DWF DWF

First, work out what exactly it is that you are seeking and need more of in this relationship. It could be that you actually don't know exactly what you are looking for. Thenconsider ways in which you may be holding back in getting closer to that person, what are your boundaries or masks? Then discuss all of this with your partner in a safe, non-judgemental way, and accept that you may also need to work on some things. No one is perfect. And no one is a min reader, no matter how long you've known each other for. We are all thinking on different wave lengths.

LiVi LiVi

In response to “First, work out what exactly it is that you...

I would love to be a mind reader.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I would //love// to be a mind reader.

I think the idea sounds nice, but in reality, we would see a lot of thoughts we wish we hadn't...

LiVi LiVi

I'm probably not the right person to be answering this. I had the exact same issue and wasn't able to resolve it with talking about it. I also talked to others in relationships and most said that their partners had become less intimate over time. But then their partners may have said the same about them. Either way I think many people lose interest, or get bored with the relationship and no amount of work or talking can fix it when that happens especially if they don't see the relationship as worth holding on to.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I'm probably not the right person to be...

Or maybe also, people get into bad habits and lose the ability to consciously reflect on their relationship patterns, and get caught up in the stress and distractions of daily living. Sometimes humans just don't have enough mental capacity to think about all of these things. I don't think it always comes from a place of lack of care or love, I think it's mostly genuine forgetfulness and thoughtless autopilot behaviour :-)

LiVi LiVi

In response to “Or maybe also, people get into bad habits and...

Great point, something I need to think more on. I guess a lot of people take on so much in their daily lives that they can inadvertently become complacent with important things like their relationship. I must admit I become like that with my work relationship if I'm overwhelmed with life issues and responsibilities so usually struggle to give it the attention it deserves :)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Great point, something I need to think more...

Thanks Dallas, yes it has taken me a while to realise this, but I realised it through observing my own behaviour and just how forgetful, thoughtless and swept up in my own problems or daily life tasks I can be. And as I like to think I am a pretty thoughtful, caring and sensitive person, as I know you are also, it's interesting that even we can sometimes be thoughtless in those areas at times. So if we can be like that (I mean if I can, I'm not accusing you of anything 😋), then its natural that most people will also be neglectful or aloof for the same reasons. I think it's because that feeling of neglect can be so hurtful that we assume it's because others don't care about us or are doing it on purpose, when really they are so busy trying to get through their busy day, like all of us. It takes effort to remind ourselves of this though :-)
It can be difficult to find a balance!

LiVi LiVi

In response to “Thanks Dallas, yes it has taken me a while to...

I agree with everything you said Livi, and it's ok, I am just as guilty of getting caught up in things. Also I sometimes find I inadvertently avoid anything social because, well I find meeting people always ends in rejection and I need to be feeling emotionally strong to walk into that kind of thing, so often I'll just avoid it even without giving it a lot of thought. It's probably my biggest struggle with work which isn't the work but dealing with all the people and the relationships. I know it's my issue that I have to work on but like you says, when we are busy and stressed it can be really hard.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I agree with everything you said Livi, and...

That is really hard. I can be like that too sometimes. But I guess it's important to just keep putting ourselves out there and keep making that effort, because it will be returned eventually! It just takes time and patience. And work friendships can really blossom over time. It can be awkward at first to take that next step outside of work with people sometimes, but with practice it gets easier! You are on the right track Dallas, don't let it all get you down! We need to catch up some time soon too! 😃 Xx

LiVi LiVi

In response to “That is really hard. I can be like that too...

I guess I've just had a particularly bad run with people at work and family all having no time for anything outside of their own immediate families and relationships. It's probably all due to what you described above.

Yes that'd be great! :) xo

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I like the way you think...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I like the way you think...

Thanks Suki! You too 😉

LiVi LiVi

You cut em loose!

Jaxxi Jaxxi

You work through them, you can talk more, both find out what each other wants or needs...if you can't resolve this and can't stay together ..then a separation may be the only solution..

JD JD