Want to be a moderator?
Has anyone ever told you that you remind them of someone else?  And it can happen in odd locations, like a distant Mall in outer suburbia....

SukiesnowMarkymarkVicZincNowlostJanHaskellTiffaneePhilboydStudgeTomboyJanet

Nobody :)

VicZincdoctorwho1011MarkymarkTiffaneeAdaSukiesnowMarianneCarla
Has anyone ever told you that you remind them of someone else? And it can happen in odd locations, like a distant Mall in outer suburbia....

Explained by Sukiesnow...

It can be really nice and emotional...especially when they go on...like: yes...JUST like you...are you sure? Mongolia... I swear...the spitting image. I am SO sorry for - but I HAD to know....AND, then they look at you searchingly like you might be hiding it...you end up saying: and I'm NOT on any Witness Protection Plan...either... But thank you.

I was mistaken for Sandy Duncan several times back in the late 60's. She was doing a series of commercials for United California Bank, and I was working there.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Vincent Van Patten ... when I was in my teens.

That pic looks familiar...

Markymark Markymark

Yes....just yes

Nowlost Nowlost

JanHaskell JanHaskell

In response to “I was mistaken for Sandy Duncan several times...

She was a hot little thing

Nowlost Nowlost

In response to “She was a hot little thing

Yeah ...she's a cutie.

Markymark Markymark

You do resemble her.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Yes it has happened a few times but it is always someone that I have never heard of so that usually results in me doing a Google-search to see who they are talking about.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

A barista at my favorite coffee place told me that I look like "second-string young Angelina Jolie"

I laughed but his tip was a little higher than normal

Wunderscore Wunderscore

When i was young, i was told i looked like ali macgraw.
I absolutely did not see it.

Carla Carla

In response to “When i was young, i was told i looked like...

Now that is a compliment

Nowlost Nowlost

Yea, Rick Nielsen (lead guitar player of Cheap Trick). No idea why.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I was told I look like someone named Laura Peters

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

When I was younger I hitch hiked a lot. People thought I was somebody they knew and they would stop to see why I was beside the road. Then, since they were already stopped, they would give me a ride.

I went to Vagas once and ladies would say I looked so familiar. I would say "Well, I've made some movies, that might be where you saw me." What a thrill that gave them. Then I would say "I used to be Lassie."

SmartAZ SmartAZ

Everywhere I went, people thought I was Gerry Francis the footballer, but I could never see it..but it happened so many times ...

Platinum Platinum

It happened several times, but it was about people I did not know about, and myself, I confused several times people with acquaintances (from behind), and when I realised with an awkward "oh sorry, I mistook you for a friend", there was more than often a shared smile or chuckle - "oh, you're not the only one" - lol. Actually, I can't remember having seen someone upset, but sometimes, people became curious and wanted to know more. (smile)

Marianne Marianne