Add Amirite to your Browser
<b>Does your local station mostly tell you what they think you need to know?</b> <em>I've wondered why I've felt dumbed down after viewing...</em>

SukiesnowTiffaneeDandyDonLil_PrincessozzyboyTomboyJanetAda

Nobody :)

Lil_PrincessTiffaneeDandyDonAdaSukiesnowCarla
Does your local station mostly tell you what they think you need to know? I've wondered why I've felt dumbed down after viewing...

Local news here is pathetic. It is just sports, weather, traffic reports and "feel good" stories with the occasional political story thrown in. None of the big news networks are any good because they are all biased in their own way and so that only leaves the internet for news.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Tiffanee Tiffanee

My local station doesn't tell me anything.

I watch the weather...
I really don't need to watch that but they have some beautiful ladies doing the weather....

TV is good for a laugh....That's about it.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “My local station doesn't tell me anything. I...

Naked ladies? Well, there was a topless station a while back...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Naked ladies? Well, there was a topless...

No, regular dressed..lol

DandyDon DandyDon

Local news for me has to come from Louisville, KY and I rarely watch it. When I do there isn't much interesting and nothing about where I live unless something big happens.

All I am interested in is the weather and I go to the weather channel for that. I prefer reading the New York Times and the LA Times. Sometimes the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Don't know, never watch it.

VicZinc VicZinc

I don't watch local news much, it's usually about crime, or accidents, or some dumb things the state government wants to do to spend our money.

Right now they are fighting over whether to pass a law to be able to buy liquor on Sundays. Go figure.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Of course they do, that is what most media does these days. It's not really worth watching or reading but I still do for about 10 minutes and then change the channel to better sources of info.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Of course they do, that is what most media...

Yes...sometimes I throw out something I already know...just to see how ppl respond... :)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Yes...sometimes I throw out something I...

Me too. I like to see how certain stations put out their stories.
CNN's description of the facebook killer, Stephens is about as low as any I have ever seen.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

My local stations are all affiliates of larger corporations because this is NY NY so it's like News lite

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet