Add Amirite to your Browser
What's something you've lost that to this day you still find yourself baffled as to where it could have went?
  • Topics:Lost
  • Featured on the home page on Jun 14th 2017
  • Post Of The Day on Jul 10th 2017

Lil_Princessdoctorwho1011Piper2Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeSukiesnowCarlaZonkeyBalls

Explained by ProdigalSon...

About 8 years ago my favorite fleece jacket disappeared...to this day it's still a source of conspiracy theory in my household. My most popular theory is of course my wife finding it hideous and throwing it away but she swears to this day that my theory is false. I've never been able to find another one like it..........

Yes! A Gucci watch - I had a thing for watches at one time - it's disappeared for over a year now.... I blame....someone I had in to clean once... I miss it..

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

A silver ring. I put it down on the kitchen counter one day and the next day it was gone.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “A silver ring. I put it down on the kitchen...

Have you ever created an imaginative backstory as to what may have happened to it? Something like a being from another dimension stole it and took it back to their world where they use its powers to rule over all?

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Have you ever created an imaginative...

I blame it on ghosts.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

When moving, I lost a set of cookware, and to this day I have no idea what happened.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I've lost many things. My optimism, my sense of wonder, my patience when dealing with stupid **** that talk about Trump's mysogyny yet ignore Clinton's covering up for her husband's rapes and infidelity.

trooper trooper

In response to “I've lost many things. My optimism, my sense...

Yet you use a mutant to express your attitude. You know damn well Trump would never support mutant rights, lol.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Yet you use a mutant to express your...

On the contrary, Trump would offer them a deal to help "deal" with illegal immigrants.

trooper trooper

In response to “On the contrary, Trump would offer them a...

I wonder if Magneto can manipulate illegal alien metal or if it's only metal from this planet.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “I wonder if Magneto can manipulate illegal...

Metal's metal's metal, according to the comics.http://i.imgur.com/KXmpV11.mp4

trooper trooper

In response to “Metal's metal's metal, according to the...

Damn in that case he could crush an autobot with a flick of the wrist.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Damn in that case he could crush an autobot...

As he once pointed out, blood has traces of iron in it, and if he so chose could end all life on earth.

trooper trooper

Wish he would do something about those illegal aliens. He talked of it but nothing is happening.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Wish he would do something about those...

Can you imagine the left leaning screechings that would happen if he actually did?

trooper trooper

Never lose optimism!! Always stay positive!! However I do understand one becoming frustrated with nonsense...... whether it be political nonsense (that we witnessed today with ANOTHER ridiculous hearing) or dealing with family members/real life friends who constantly create unnecessary drama in their lives.
Eh the older I get I don't allow family members/friends silly self created drama or political theater "ruin my perfect day" :)
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t...Y?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Gronk17 Gronk17

Trooper can't you curb your rotten language while on line?No need for typing such terrible words!

In response to “Trooper can't you curb your rotten language...

Well, since I typed that in May and Amirite (in their infinite wisdom) won't allow us to edit or change our own posts or comments more than 10 minutes after posting, it would seem we're stuck with it.

trooper trooper

In response to “Well, since I typed that in May and Amirite...

Wow that long ago?? I guess our mistakes are forever on ami. Only thing I have found is the ability to delete the whole post. I have done that a few times because I wasn't happy with what came out - spelling or logic being wrong - then they yelled at me. Oh well carry on trooper, have a happy day..

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

My youth.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

A couple of things. One was a jacket sweater I really liked, and another a Movado watch my parents gave me as a Christmas gift. The watch I'm pretty sure was stolen from my home, at a gathering of some people I would not have invited myself. The watch in particular, I still mourn the loss of sometimes.
There are plenty of things I've wondered what happened to. I've moved quite a bit in my life, and some things seem to go missing, every time.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “A couple of things. One was a jacket...

When I was 10, my nana gifted me a beautiful locket necklace she purchased in Ireland for me while on a trip back home to visit her siblings....I realized it was gone (after only having/cherishing it for maybe 3 weeks) while going to remove it from my neck before bedtime....I was devastated because I knew there was no way I would be able to find it because I had been playing flag football after school that day at my schoolyard (wearing it) and then after supper playing hide and seek and tag(wearing it) running around in my wooded neighborhood. Til this day at times(like right now) I can still visually picture exactly what my locket looked like :)
Even though we lose items that were precious to us, our visual memories of those items and the meaning behind those items are always with us :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “When I was 10, my nana gifted me a beautiful...

I can understand how precious the locket must have been to you.

Piper2 Piper2

Too true. I moved 3 times ome year still I miss the cover to a very nice woc I have

Oh no I hope you made sure those people didn't enter your home again. I understand your sadness at having a gift from parents taken. My parents are both gone and I keep things they gave me even broken, I cannot bear to let them go.

My mind (think)

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In 1978 I bought a half pound of blond hashish. I 'hid' it in my room and went to bed. Never found it. Thought it might have been a dream except that would mean I lost $700. Either way, I still wonder.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “In 1978 I bought a half pound of blond...

You ever find it I want half. Will trade some seriously vintage Pink Floyd Vinyls. :)

DW2 DW2

So you as a FOLLOWER partook in using mind altering drugs back then...hmmm that explains a lot of your posts and your political beliefs.

There were those of us back then who weren't followers of the drug culture (when our brains were still developing) thus why we have common sense and do not have a "what if" rainbow and unicorn drug induced mentality..... that is not obtainable or REALITY in the REAL WORLD.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “So you as a FOLLOWER partook in using mind...

That explains it. Your eyes were never opened!

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “That explains it. Your eyes were never opened!

Vic my eyes are always wide open, as well as my brain having COMMON SENSE because I never partook in doing drugs(even marijuana) , therefore my mind/brain never being altered/"open" to the nonsensical "what if" hypothetical scenarios/ nonsense/ crap that stoners and drug users espouse.
I know friends and extended family members my age(53 or older) who are life long weed smokers since they were teenagers, and they sadly make absolutely NO SENSE at all while trying to have an adult conversation with them on any topic.
Eh my teenage kids have more common sense than these people my age whose minds and eyes were "OPEN" by smoking weed and partaking in other drugs.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic my eyes are always wide open, as well as...

Cool man. What a groovy vibe.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Cool man. What a groovy vibe.

You know what Vic, there's nothing "cool" about a teenager, a young adult or someone my age FEELING they need weed, alcohol or prescribed anti-depressant drugs for them to feel normal to get them through their day...it's actually quite sad how so many people rely on/need mind altering drugs or alcohol to get them selves through a day.
Those who NEED mind altering drugs or abuse alcohol , sadly do so because they do not like who they are while sober. So what do Liberals do, they advocate to make marijuana LEGAL so these depressed people with low self esteems can LEGALLY access their marijuana(a mind altering "cigarette") ...yet at the same time are the very liberals who advocate to ban tobacco cigarettes because smoking tobacco cigarettes is bad for ones health???

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “You know what Vic, there's nothing...

Oh wow man. Mind...blown!

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Oh wow man...

This thread needs drugs.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Oh wow man...

Aw what a compassionate reply from someone who portrays them self as a compassionate CARING person who wants peace and love etc....yet you're not able to have a serious conversation about the REALITY/EPIDEMIC of teenagers and adults over dosing on Heroine and the Prescription drugs they became addicted to BECAUSE marijuana wasn't doing it for them anymore to get that high feeling they felt when they smoked their first joint...thus moving on to a more POTENT drug that would give them that high feeling quicker than weed!!!<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c...o?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Aw what a compassionate reply from someone...

Gronk you are mistaken.
The heroin problem is from doctors over prescribing oxy drugs when heroin is cheaper on the street than oyx is in at the pharmacy.

The use of marijuana by teenagers doesn't lead to heroin use.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Gronk you are mistaken. The heroin problem...

You seriously haven't a clue pal...I sadly KNOW teenagers, young adults and 30 somethings who became addicted to the high of smoking weed, who then eventually went on to using heroine(a cheaper drug to buy) that got them high quicker at a cheaper price.
Yeah maybe for YOU as a stoner, you smoking weed didn't become a gateway for you to experiment with other drugs, but it CAN be and IS many times for other people!!!
Clearly Prohibition was a bad move on behalf of the "feel good" Democrats who THOUGHT Prohibition would cure alcoholism back then...that only resulted in the Mafia and bootleggers(JOE KENNEDY) becoming even more powerful and wealthy by CONTROLLING the alcohol business...and NOW you liberals who supposedly cared about alcoholism back then(thus Prohibition), NOW want to make weed LEGAL???????????????????

Gronk17 Gronk17

Vic just because a doctor prescribes pain medication to a patient doesn't mean one has to ABIDE by it. Last year when my then 16 yr son was having a consultation to get his wisdom teeth pulled by an Oral surgeon, that doctor informed me that he would be prescribing an anti-ANXIETY drug for my son to take the morning of his oral surgery "to take the edge off his anxiety"...eh that's all I had to hear to NOT have my son get his wisdom teeth pulled by this Dr. Feelgood oral surgeon who was trying to push anti-anxiety meds onto my teenage son, who wasn't even "ANXIOUS" about getting his wisdom teeth extracted.

Vic, kids/teenagers who live in CRAZY **** dysfunctional homes (whether they're the jocks, the popular kids, the nerds ,goth etc), sadly have ONE THING IN COMMON..having low self esteem because they feel that they're all alone living a nightmare existence..thus why they turn to alcohol, weed and eventually harder drugs to take them away from their PAIN/reality.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic just because a doctor prescribes pain...

Centers for Disease Control list these causes for Heroin additions:

-Genetics. Individuals related to someone who is addicted to heroin or other substances have an increased risk of becoming addicted to heroin.
heroin addiction genetics
-Biology. A person’s biological makeup can lead to heroin addiction. Some people do not produce enough natural endorphins in their brains, which can lead to heroin use and abuse. In addition, a person’s ethnicity, gender, development stage, and genes can be a contributing factor.
-Psychological. Underlying mental illness that has not been diagnosed – bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety, for example – may be related to heroin use and abuse. Those who suffer from mental illnesses may be inclined to use heroin in order to sedate the side-effects of their illness.
-Environmental. Those who are in the presence of other heroin users may be more inclined to try the drug. They may be curious about its effects, or they may believe that it is the “right” and “normal” thing to do.

LA Times Claims: Opiate use is climbing because people feel more distressed and disconnected, and are turning to anesthetics to cope with their psychological pain.

WebMD says: It's a new pathway, going from pills to heroin. There's a reluctance to make that switch [to heroin], but once they begin down that pathway, they discover that heroin is readily available, quite pure and in many locations cheaper than prescription pills.

Fox News states: Patients began to misuse their medications and went down the path of addiction. Eventually, these people turned to something that was cheaper and easier to acquire: heroin.

Not one news source I could find claims Marijuana use leads to heroin addictions. But you might be right.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Centers for Disease Control list these causes...

Vic, you seriously still trust government data or news sources??
Vic, all who are addicted to heroine or over dosing on heroine most certainly were weed smokers prior to trying heroine. One who's never smoked weed does not just one day decide to try freakin' HEROINE!!!!
My straight A athletic nephew while a Senior in HS smoked his first joint at party one night "just to try it', and sadly he loved the "feeling" it gave him...thus eventually becoming a daily weed smoker because he liked how it made him feel...when he went on to college that Fall, he was more into partying and getting high during his 1st Semester of his Freshman year instead of going to his classes...where he dropped out after his 1st Semester because he wanted to just party all the time....where he sadly eventually tried heroine... and LOVING his high from heroine more so than the high he got from smoking weed!!!! My sister and brother in-law have been through hell and back with their son's addiction to heroine..that they and I believe would never have happened if he never first tried weed "just to try it" out of curiosity. Yet you liberals want to make weed LEGAL because??????

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic, you seriously still trust government...

So I should trust your personal experience with your family more than both government data and my own experiences?

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “So I should trust your personal experience...

Nah Vic don't believe my REAL LIFE personal experiences of weed smokers eventually becoming addicted to heroine...just keep on keeping on ignorantly believing whatever "government data" tells you. Liberals in government also tell you that cigarettes are bad for your health YET push to make marijuana(a mind altering drug) legal for their base to smoke, liberals in government/PETA also tell their base that animals should never be KILLED for food or to be experimented on to find cures for diseases that inflict humans, yet as tree hugging liberals have NO PROBLEM with late term abortion with those MURDERED babies limbs and organs being SOLD for research???

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Off topic

Eh, a typical response from a know it all liberal who can't defend what they've been INDOCTRINATED to believe in.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Eh, a typical response from a know it all...

Gronk, I can and have defended all of my points of view.

Please make a post about PETA and/or abortion and I will be happy to debate you there.

This post is about losing things - I lost drugs and am happy to continue that discussion here if you like. The other concepts are off-topic and I will not soil OP post with those topics.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Gronk, I can and have defended all of my...

Vic in the REAL WORLD while hanging out with our REAL FRIENDS while discussing(for example) a simple topic of cats vs dogs being the best pet to have, it always eventually GOES OFF TOPIC with us REAL friends eventually debating Trump vs. Clinton, then going off topic to talk about how we all despise the Kardashians etc. and then laughing at how talking about our pets turned into us debating about politics and then turned into us talking about how we all despise the Kardashians lol That's how it works in the REAL WORD having REAL FRIENDS....however in the Cyber world of "friends" you all block each other when someone disagrees with OR goes "off topic" in your cyber world.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic in the REAL WORLD while hanging out with...

Correct.
I don't want that to happen to me.

I like both you and OP. And this isn't a RL discussion around the kitchen table, it is a cyber discuss with expectationsn conventions and protocols that I respect.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Correct. I don't want that to happen to...

Vic even though you and I disagree A LOT..you and I as TRULY tolerant people in our great country, have never blocked each other, BECAUSE we both are cognizant of what the USA's' 1st Amendment truly means,. I block NO ONE on this OPINION website because I as a TRULY TOLERANT person believe all our opinions should be able to be expressed on an OPINION website.
There are too many supposed "tolerant" USERS of this website who block people that disagree with their "tolerant" OPINIONS, and then go on to constanty post their ANTI-TRUMP crap where only they and their minions can comment on.
One such particular USER of this OPINION website whose only on this OPINION website to spew her ANTI-TRUMP rhetoric, keeps on posting, commenting and flat out LYING that President Trump didn't denounce the violence going on with the radicalized nuts on the left and the right...when President Trump CLEARLY did asap!!!!!! YET she as an ANTAGONIST liberal, wants her IGNORANT "friends" on this website to believe that President Trump remained silent,,,, as Obama actually did remain SILENT during all those BLM rallies calling for the death of our police officers while looting and burning down their cities because they FELT "oppressed" as section 8 welfare recipients living for FREE off of the tax dollars of those who actually WORK to provide for their own families and then being taxed even more to PAY FOR these layabouts whose only FULL TIME JOB is to go out and protest about how "oppressed" they are, smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

maybe they are getting alzheimer's at that age.

A mint condition 100 year old dime

Brianl Brianl

In response to “A mint condition 100 year old dime

would have been moth eaten sooner than you think.

Reality.

DW2 DW2

Oh and my identity. We both apparrently have this issue Anonymous.

DW2 DW2

23 years ago I lost my car/apartment keys that were attached to a huge yellow bright tennis ball key chain with other big tacky key chains attached (so I would never lose my car keys again lol)... that I couldn't find anywhere in my office or anywhere in the company when packing up to leave work that night!!! They were never found anywhere in the company, or found out side(my parking space was about a 10' walking distance to the main entrance) or even found 3 years later while cleaning out thoroughly my office on my last day.... none of my fellow co-workers could find that damn HUGE bright tennis ball key chain anywhere in that company even after I left that company!!! My apartment wasn't robbed and my car wasn't stolen after losing that key chain, so I knew they weren't stolen...they just disappeared that day lol!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

A CD folder that I lost in high school with about 10 or 15 CDs in it. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if CDs weren't so expensive. It just stopped existing one day, but I still don't think anyone stole it because I wasn't at school when it disappeared.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet