Mod Team
You can't believe everything people tell you without evidence/ proof, <strong>right?</strong>
  • Topics:InstinctReality
  • Featured on the home page on May 19th 2017
  • Post Of The Day on Jul 9th 2017

Lil_PrincessPiper2Darkest_SerenityChuckTomDandyDonSukiesnow
You can't believe everything people tell you without evidence/ proof, right?

Those you really trust to tell you the truth, don't need evidence or proof. Their word is sufficient. When I was young, my Dad told me not to pee on an electric fence or I'd regret it . I believed him.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

If it was true people wouldnt have been killing one another in the name of religion!

Darling

Some people will believe anything.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Those you really trust to tell you the truth...

Why would that be a thing to talk about :?)

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Why would that be a thing to talk about :?)

On a farm, there were certain "rights of passage" many young boys went through as they were growing up. I knew a number of kids who did pee on the fence on a dare, but only once .<s> I guess part of it is to get kids to listen when someone told us not to do something because of the danger involved. (How many of us did things we were told not to because it was dangerous, but we did them anyway) There are a lot of things on a farm that can kill you. Often there are stories that went along with them)
We also had horses on the farm. I was told never to wrap my hands in the reins. The story that went along with it was that my great great uncle was leading a team of horses home from the field back about 1895 when he was 11. Something spooked the horses and since his hands were wrapped up in the reins, he was drug to death. (True story)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “On a farm, there were certain "rights of...

OH OK glad your dad told you. My neighbors had a dairy farm. I know they did odd things but girls , we would touch the electric fence to see how it was, but girls don't pee on everything- you boys are just obcessed with your sticks from birth. .

Yes, now you're getting it.

Synyster Synyster

It would be very hard to give evidence of everything that a person says or does. We all just have to figure it out for ourselves.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “It would be very hard to give evidence of...

I try very hard to listen and learn when meeting a new person. Ask them the same question in 6 months if it is all different - beware!

When it's someone I have reason to trust, I don't need "evidence" to believe what they say.
(Why is this under Animals and Animal Rights, I wonder) (confused)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “When it's someone I have reason to trust, I...

Bird is an animal....hehe

JD JD

I would guess the poster just picked any topic because the topics are all screwed up.

I trust people until they show me they can't be...

JD JD

In response to “I trust people until they show me they can't be...

I think I'm the opposite. For me, trust has to be earned. As we get older, and have been burned a few times, we get more cautious. (Anyone who has bought a car from a used car salesman knows this.) You can't take someone at their word until you know what their word is worth.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I think I'm the opposite. For me, trust has...

If you can't trust your own judgement, I think you will miss out on so much, while you are waiting for people to prove you can trust them..if I buy a car from a used car salesman and it goes wrong, I will take it back...most car salesman know less about mechanics than I do...hehe

JD JD

In response to “If you can't trust your own judgement, I...

I think people like to believe they can trust people but they really don't. Do you lock your doors? Do you leave your keys in your car? Would you leave your bike in a public bike rack in any city without locking it up? Would you buy something online that guarantees to cure cancer, diabetes, grow hair, and make you look 20 years younger? When you buy a used car, there is usually a sign that says "as is, all sales final". Would you trust a child or grandchild to a babysitter listed on Craigslist or without first checking them out?

Would you trust a refugee blindly?

LOL... Ever watch COP's? How many times do the bad guys tell the truth?

Not dinging you here Platinum, it's just that we are not as trusting of strangers as we sometimes would like to think we are.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I think people like to believe they can trust...

Jimmy, that is taking trust to a new level, but from the time I was a kid until my twenties, you could do all those things ..as I was growing up, I did trust people because they knew if they let me down, it would not work out very good for them..but even now I will trust people and so far I've not been disappointed ..

JD JD

In response to “Jimmy, that is taking trust to a new level...

But we are not talking about being able to do all those things 50 years ago. ( I grew up in the 50's and 60's as well) It's not the same world today as it was back then.
Crime statistics should tell you that.
If it's worked out fine for you, that's great. For many, it hasn't.
You said if people let you down, they knew it wouldn't work out well for them. Back then, there was accountability. Accountability is a vanishing trait.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “But we are not talking about being able to do...

I mentioned the past as a small part of my reply...when they ask these posts, they are asking for each persons personal opinion and that's what I did...if you don't trust people, that's fine, but I'm different...and I grew up in 40s and 50s...this is about our own experiences..

JD JD

In response to “I mentioned the past as a small part of my...

That's why in my first reply, I said I wasn't dinging you or your reply Plat. (It wasn't personal) We ALL had different experiences, different times and different environments.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “That's why in my first reply, I said I wasn't...

It's cool...never took it personal...

JD JD

Yes listen and make sure it is not a changing story.

Depends on the person. Some people have more credibility than others.

dru18 dru18

I am the King of Morocco ......... Trust me.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I am the King of Morocco ......... Trust me.

I thought you had royal blood ....

JD JD

In response to “I thought you had royal blood ....

I think you have me confused with someone else...

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I think you have me confused with someone else...

You're just shy...

JD JD

In response to “You're just shy...

I think I hear the maidens in the sauna..

You'll have to excuse me...

DandyDon DandyDon

a couple months ago you said you were the king of amirite.

In response to “a couple months ago you said you were the...

I never said that...that was someone else.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “ok nite now king

Ok, have a good one..

DandyDon DandyDon

Such as "I love you"?

DW2 DW2

You are directly related to Chimpanzees. Might as well have this one out. :)

DW2 DW2

Wrong, wrong, wrong....

Jaxxi Jaxxi

I try to take a person at face value until I catch them in a lie. I no longer respect that person or trust them. I used to tell my kids. You don't have to have a good memory if you tell the truth.

BarbOBarr BarbOBarr

I can, but I'm a lot smarter than that.

beachbum beachbum

correct believe less than half

yeah. check the facts out for yourself.

lizardqueen lizardqueen

Sadly that is very true. People often tell ya what they want you to believe and I have been guilty in the past of believing talk tales.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I forgot what we were talking about.

SmartAZ SmartAZ