Want to be a moderator?

Piper2Darkest_SerenityChuckTomDandyDonSukiesnow
You can't believe everything people tell you without evidence/ proof, right?

It would be very hard to give evidence of everything that a person says or does. We all just have to figure it out for ourselves.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

If it was true people wouldnt have been killing one another in the name of religion!

Darling

Some people will believe anything.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Those you really trust to tell you the truth, don't need evidence or proof. Their word is sufficient. When I was young, my Dad told me not to pee on an electric fence or I'd regret it . I believed him.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Yes, now you're getting it.

Markymark Markymark

StarzAbove StarzAbove

When it's someone I have reason to trust, I don't need "evidence" to believe what they say.
(Why is this under Animals and Animal Rights, I wonder) (confused)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “When it's someone I have reason to trust, I...

Bird is an animal....hehe

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Bird is an animal....hehe

Jee zuz... smh (hehe)

ChuckTom ChuckTom

I trust people until they show me they can't be...

Platinum Platinum

In response to “I trust people until they show me they can't be...

Me, too. Some may want others to earn their trust... to me that is looking at life through the wrong end of the telescope. Enter a conversation wanting to like someone.

ChuckTom ChuckTom

In response to “Me, too. Some may want others to earn their...

A good analogy ...for you...lol

Platinum Platinum

In response to “A good analogy ...for you...lol

Thank you kind sirrah :)

ChuckTom ChuckTom

In response to “Thank you kind sirrah :)

The least I can do..

Platinum Platinum

I think I'm the opposite. For me, trust has to be earned. As we get older, and have been burned a few times, we get more cautious. (Anyone who has bought a car from a used car salesman knows this.) You can't take someone at their word until you know what their word is worth.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I think I'm the opposite. For me, trust has...

If you can't trust your own judgement, I think you will miss out on so much, while you are waiting for people to prove you can trust them..if I buy a car from a used car salesman and it goes wrong, I will take it back...most car salesman know less about mechanics than I do...hehe

Platinum Platinum

In response to “If you can't trust your own judgement, I...

I think people like to believe they can trust people but they really don't. Do you lock your doors? Do you leave your keys in your car? Would you leave your bike in a public bike rack in any city without locking it up? Would you buy something online that guarantees to cure cancer, diabetes, grow hair, and make you look 20 years younger? When you buy a used car, there is usually a sign that says "as is, all sales final". Would you trust a child or grandchild to a babysitter listed on Craigslist or without first checking them out?

Would you trust a refugee blindly?

LOL... Ever watch COP's? How many times do the bad guys tell the truth?

Not dinging you here Platinum, it's just that we are not as trusting of strangers as we sometimes would like to think we are.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I think people like to believe they can trust...

Jimmy, that is taking trust to a new level, but from the time I was a kid until my twenties, you could do all those things ..as I was growing up, I did trust people because they knew if they let me down, it would not work out very good for them..but even now I will trust people and so far I've not been disappointed ..

Platinum Platinum

In response to “Jimmy, that is taking trust to a new level...

But we are not talking about being able to do all those things 50 years ago. ( I grew up in the 50's and 60's as well) It's not the same world today as it was back then.
Crime statistics should tell you that.
If it's worked out fine for you, that's great. For many, it hasn't.
You said if people let you down, they knew it wouldn't work out well for them. Back then, there was accountability. Accountability is a vanishing trait.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “But we are not talking about being able to do...

I mentioned the past as a small part of my reply...when they ask these posts, they are asking for each persons personal opinion and that's what I did...if you don't trust people, that's fine, but I'm different...and I grew up in 40s and 50s...this is about our own experiences..

Platinum Platinum

In response to “I mentioned the past as a small part of my...

That's why in my first reply, I said I wasn't dinging you or your reply Plat. (It wasn't personal) We ALL had different experiences, different times and different environments.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “That's why in my first reply, I said I wasn't...

It's cool...never took it personal...

Platinum Platinum

Depends on the person. Some people have more credibility than others.

dd_ixon18 dd_ixon18

I am the King of Morocco ......... Trust me.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I am the King of Morocco ......... Trust me.

I thought you had royal blood ....

Platinum Platinum

In response to “I thought you had royal blood ....

I think you have me confused with someone else...

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “You're just shy...

I think I hear the maidens in the sauna..

You'll have to excuse me...

DandyDon DandyDon

Such as "I love you"?

DW2 DW2

You are directly related to Chimpanzees. Might as well have this one out. :)

DW2 DW2

Wrong, wrong, wrong....

Jaxxi Jaxxi

I try to take a person at face value until I catch them in a lie. I no longer respect that person or trust them. I used to tell my kids. You don't have to have a good memory if you tell the truth.

BarbOBarr BarbOBarr

In response to “I try to take a person at face value until I...

This analogy is near the same: I want to like and trust Wikipedia and I think I found a way of doing that. I check out something on there that I actually know enough about to see if that site has the same information. For example, I like baseball stats so I checked their list of 500 home run hitters. Someone had entered a name that didn't belong there (around the 530 home run slot) and it was probably the name of the schmoe who put it there. I got it removed.
I still like the site, though, and I use it often :)

ChuckTom ChuckTom

I can, but I'm a lot smarter than that.

beachbum beachbum