Mod Team
🌟 Would you rather join a website with a lot of members or a small community of members like this one? 🌟

Lil_Princessdoctorwho1011Synyster TiffaneeChuckTomDandyDonWill_JanitorSukiesnowJohannaCarlaDroneguyBub

Explained by Tiffanee...

I am always being told "I would join Amirite if it had more members." What is the advantages and disadvantages of big VS small online communities?

I'm not sure what the right number is. SH had a lot more people, but there were so many private groups that you never saw most of them unless you jioned all the groups. I think there are only so many people that you can really develop relationships with. Especially if you are not on evryday for a long period of time. I think if this site doubled in size it would be just about right for me. As always, JMHO.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Advantage: Closer to the members you interact daily with, good or bad.

Disadvantage: Not enough people posting various questions. Not enough activity on various posts. get tired of the same people daily (no offense ... I do like the members on here). Sometimes it's boring ... again no offense.

One thing, I know people don't like this but, the block button is an issue. A lot of people have too many blocked resulting in barely any activity on their posts. With the limited number of members, blocking becomes an issue. JMHO

Synyster Synyster

In response to “Advantage: Closer to the members you interact...

A few months back I unblocked half of the people on my block list just so my posts would be more active but honestly, it made hardly any difference.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

In response to “A few months back I unblocked half of the...

Maybe they are mad that you blocked them ... who knows right?

I'm on your posts and will continue.

BTW, this a great post. I hope you get a lot people commenting.

Synyster Synyster

In response to “Maybe they are mad that you blocked them...

No it is the half the people I unblocked only go on their own posts and the other half rarely post at all.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

In response to “No it is the half the people I unblocked only...

I'd like to see the mods comments on this post.

Synyster Synyster

I am clueless.

Carla Carla

I would prefer a larger site. More questions, and more people to relate too. Sometimes this site just seems very dead. I miss SH, it was big, lots of people, and some we never ran into every day like here.

With a larger community I doubt people would be complaining so much about being blocked. For instance, There are a few people on this site who have blocked me, but insinuate to others that I have blocked them, which is not true. I can think of three right off the top of my head.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I would prefer a larger site. More...

I am thinking the same. I am on other sites as well as this one and this one just seems lifeless most of the time. I invite people here but they all say it is not active enough and doesn't have enough members but how can we have more members if nobody will sign up?

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

In response to “I am thinking the same. I am on other sites...

We do need more members, but when nothing is happening on a site, I don't blame them for not joining.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “We do need more members, but when nothing is...

There must be something, why people don't come on here regularly. We've has a few joined and they come on now and then, rarely active on here.

Synyster Synyster

In response to “There must be something, why people don't...

Maybe we should all make 4 or more accounts like the socks do, just to boost up the members. You think?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Maybe we should all make 4 or more accounts...

Good idea. I'll ask Ser if the Punisher can come back. (hehe)

Synyster Synyster

In response to “Good idea. I'll ask Ser if the Punisher can...

Where is McRib when you need him?

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

Good idea, he was a lot of fun. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Good idea, he was a lot of fun. lol

Wait!!! what about Billy, after all he did make me King of Amirite. lol

Synyster Synyster

In response to “Wait!!! what about Billy, after all he did...

Let's forget about Billy.....lol Please!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Let's forget about Billy.....lol Please!

I think James and Platinum want to forget him.

Synyster Synyster

If people check it out on the weekend, they will not be interested

Carla Carla

If you don't smarten up, I'm gonna get you suspended. (hehe)(hehe)

Synyster Synyster

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I like both ... but I basically interact mostly with my friends either way.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I prefer what we have here compared to a site with large amount of members. Despite my pizza post...size really doesn't matter because it is not the amount of people it is how that amount uses the site.

I am a member of a site since last year that has a ton of members but in all reality...most of those members have the other half blocked or just only comment on particular members post. They have a small community of members that interact daily just like we all do here. Sadly this active site deals a lot with sock accounts, complaining about being blocked, bullying, hate, and a hell of a lot of perverts. The more people there are the more drama there is which is a sad fact but it is true...just look at Facebook.

I have been studying the other site I am on most of the post in the last two weeks I have seen is from 13-15 year old at night and 30-60 during the day but not as much as the 13-15 year old age group. Most of the post are off the wall and nothing I would ever answer. They don't even have a HOF or Leaderboard...either.

I enjoy both but there is a lot more disadvantages than there are advantages. I have hit the block button more times on the bigger site than I have hit it here to be honest.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I prefer a site with more people, like SH. Amirite can get too much like living in a small town. Amirite would be okay if it tripled in size.

I feel you can be more yourself on a larger site.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I prefer a site with more people, like SH...

I agree.

This site sometimes feels being locked in a cage.

Tiffanee Tiffanee OP

This is pretty much the only site I use..

It can stay like this or get a million people, doesn't matter to me..

DandyDon DandyDon

Obviously.....this one

Jaxxi Jaxxi