Post of the Day
🇺🇸 Has a president or any leader made you change your opinion about your own country? 🇺🇸

Explained by Tiffanee...

This is not about Trump or any leader of any country specifically. I am just wondering how much of a role does any president/leader have on your opinion of your own country? Do you view you country differently according to who is in charge?

I guess the election of certain people has made me reflect a little more on my fellow voters. Donald Trump is one of those people. The other is Louise Slaughter. She's been a Congressman for 30 years running, and she'll turn 88 in August.

No single leader has changed by opinion of my own country. It's more of a team effort. You know what they say.. there is no 'I' in team.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I have lost more trust in government on the whole each year from Nixon on. Each year, each war conflict, each new intelligence intrusion, and each new scandal. Not just the President, the entire playing field whether Democrat or Republican.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

No. The actions of our people have changed it a few times. The big opinion changer for most people is the media and they LOVE to keep us divided.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Yes and No.

Yes: Our country has an exuberant high tax rate and cost of living. It has gotten almost impossible to retire here unless you have a lot of money put aside. NO WAY I'm retiring in Canada, I've already made initial investment to retire in another country.

No: Whatever our leader is doing, it isn't going to make me leave Canada. First I'm taking all the money owed to me and investing it somewhere else. Canada is still a beautiful country in Summer, Fall and late spring. I hate winters.

Markymark Markymark

I came here in 2001. I thought the country was great then and I think it is great now. The only thing that has changed for me is my opinion of some of its people. I think the country has become less tolerant, more racist and has slowly gone backwards when it comes to human rights issues. I think this was triggered by 9/11 but maybe it was always like that.

Tiffanee OP

I love this country, i really do. I just think foward thinking has stalled.
Thinking is centered around money, me and mine.
Anyone considered "other" is to be turned away.
And i think you are correct in going to 9/11. What brought this country together, then seperated it.

Our leaders, here, unfortunately are a reflection of ourselves.

Carla Carla

Since we've gotten Justin as a Prime Minister...I'm more interested in our politics since he is young and dynamic...it feels more positive rather than having someone who is geriatric. So...colour me ageist on this issue.

I notice the havoc the US is going through with Trump and I'm happy we don't have him to deal with.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Since we've gotten Justin as a Prime...

Almost every Canadian I have spoke to really likes him.

Tiffanee OP

Obama made me feel like we were a woos.

Jaxxi Jaxxi