Post of the Day

Sukiesnow
So wouldn't it be better to defund planned parenthood in favor of full comprehensive treatment clinics for women. More than

It would be better to offer, at no charge, vasectomies to men.

trooper trooper

A private organization with a revenue of 1.3 billion a year should not be getting 500+ million from the taxpayers a year. (A lot of that tax money is spent supporting political candidates and agendas)

I keep hearing about things like clinics for women at taxpayer expense. Is there anything in these clinics that can't be done in a regular medical clinic or in a regular Doctor's office? I come from small-town USA, and there will never be any of these "clinics" in those towns or areas yet they are asked to pay the bill.

I'd just like a good answer to my question of what these clinics can do that can't/isn't already being done in the private sector, without taxpayers footing the bill.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “A private organization with a revenue of 1.3...

Frankly if its not in your town you shouldn't pay for it. The only issue is you can't say defund planned parenthood without bringing up this very subject and not be a **** woman beater for suggesting it.

ergoproxy ergoproxy OP

In response to “Frankly if its not in your town you shouldn't...

Sadly, these things are always funded by the Federal government so everyone who pays taxes pays for it. I think if towns or counties had to foot the bill, their purse strings would be a little tighter on where they spend the taxpayers dollars, and how.
I'm all for women's healthcare, the same as I am for men's healthcare. Men have unique medical problems as well. Small town clinics and doctors have been able to address all these concerns for decades without the need for the Federal government coming in.
It's not about being a woman beater.... it's about who pays, as well as personal accountability and responsibility for your own healthcare.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Would you really want a regular MD taking care of any "female" problems that your wife may have than a doctor who specializes in obstetrics and gynecology? Would you want that same doc taking care of any prostate or erectile dysfunction problems you might have? The days of the family doctor have pretty much come and gone.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Would you really want a regular MD taking...

Ahem... Men in CO don't have erectile dysfunction. Fact. : )

semple semple

In response to “Ahem... Men in CO don't have erectile...

You read that on the Internet, so it must be true, right? LOL ...

Linnster Linnster

In response to “You read that on the Internet, so it must be...

Well I've never had a problem. (smirk2)

semple semple

In response to “Well //I've// never had a problem. (smirk2)

Good to know. :)

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Good to know. :)

He is hitting on you.

ergoproxy ergoproxy OP

In response to “He is hitting on you.

He's probably too young for me. :)

Linnster Linnster

In response to “He is hitting on you.

Hey, you.
..... sup? (smirk2)

semple semple

In response to “Good to know. :)

(braggadocio...) : /

semple semple

My wife goes to a family Dr for ALL of her medical needs. The times when she has to see a specialist, she "goes" to a specialist. Why does everyone think they need to see a specialist when they stub their toe? It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman. If I had erectile dysfunction or prostate problems, you can bet I'd go to my family Dr. Then, he, as a medical Dr would either fix the problem or refer me to a specialist if it was beyond his skill set. The days of the family Dr are not gone, nor will they ever be gone. If you have a yeast infection, do you think you need to go to a specialist because no other Dr can figure out the cause, or treat the problem? There is one other thing about "specialists". They are not cheap.
Everyone wants to go to specialists when they aren't paying for them. Do you think these specialists want to see you for a bladder infection? No. They are there to treat serious conditions.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “My wife goes to a family Dr for ALL of her...

Don't take this as a criticism of your lifestyle, but that may be what happens when you live in a more rural area. When you live in a large city, that is not the case.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Don't take this as a criticism of your...

I only grew up on a farm. I now live in Colorado Springs. (650,000) We've lived in DC, Denver, and other major cities around the world. As a career military officer, I saw more PA's than Dr's. I've been exposed to a lot of Dr's and medical personnel over the years, as has my wife. There is no difference between erectile dysfunction or a yeast infection, whether you have it in the city or in the country.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I only grew up on a farm. I now live in...

But there is a big difference in being treated for a yeast infection if it's really ovarian cancer.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “But there is a big difference in being...

I'm not disagreeing with you on who should treat what Linn. When you start having problems though, you don't start by making an appointment with an oncologist. (Not many people are good as self diagnosing cancer) You start with a general Dr narrowing down what might be the problem. When we go to the Dr, what is the biggest hope we all have? We hope it isn't serious. He or she then recommends a treatment if it's not serious, and if it is, refers us to a specialist and generally even sets up the appointment.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I'm not disagreeing with you on who should...

Well, if I have a yeast infection or anything else that I think is gynecological, I make the first appointment with a gynecologist, not my internist. I suppose it's more a matter of the way you're accustomed to doing things than anything else. Back in the prehistoric days, we had a family doctor who didn't believe in dispensing antibiotics unless they were absolutely necessary. Most things, the body is able to fight of on its own. He instilled in us his belief that nature gave us an immune system for a reason. I wish there were more doctors like that now. I know my body pretty well and to this day, I will not take meds unless I absolutely have to and forget about opioids!

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Well, if I have a yeast infection or anything...

Why don't we just say we are both right and that how we react to medical needs is based on our own experiences with the medical profession as a whole. We have all had good experiences as well as bad experiences. There are good Dr's and bad Dr's. I'll never have a yeast infection and you'll never have erectile dysfunction.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Why don't we just say we are both right and...

I can absolutely agree to that, my friend. :)

Linnster Linnster

I use the same MD as my mother if I need a specialist I go to a specialist. That is what I am aasking about see Planned Parenthood claims it does all this stuff for women, but the fact is they do less than 1% of all pap smears, and less than .5% of mammograms. Still think they are the best option for women or just running a propaganda campaign to keep their cash stream flowing.

ergoproxy ergoproxy OP

In response to “I use the same MD as my mother if I need a...

Do you know how many people a year they counsel? Pap smears and mammograms aren't the only female issues we have.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Do you know how many people a year they...

Yeah and they do even less of those services for women

ergoproxy ergoproxy OP

In response to “Yeah and they do even less of those services...

I've never known anyone who has been counseled by Planned Parenthood, nor have I been there myself. They've been around for a long time, so they must be doing something.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I've never known anyone who has been...

yeah abortion

ergoproxy ergoproxy OP

In response to “yeah abortion

They also dispense birth control, but anyone can do that. They do not need our tax money for that especially when their income depends on selling aborted babies body parts. They really do need to be reduced by about 95%.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In Canada we have both...but most people I know go to a separate clinic...mine is called the Hasslefree clinic...seriously I don't even know what Planned Parenthood does...so yes... I agree and they should just focus on private clinics.... Possibly due to all the clinics...there aren't many Planned Parenthoods around...years ago, tho...there were a lot more.

Did you Hit "Publish" in mid thought? :) Don't you wish there was a way of hitting the back arrow (after Publishing) making a quick change...and then hitting Publish again? But you can't do that on Amirite...once you hit Publish...it's gone.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “In Canada we have both...but most people I...

Oh that would be awesome

ergoproxy ergoproxy OP

trooper trooper

trump went no where near far enough, he needs to abolish abortion and hold a trial for all the doctors who performed abortion, in the SAME fashion we held the nuremburg trials. abortion is murder,. and the most evil people are the ones who have lied to woman to make them, think its a right to murder a baby

sh9683 sh9683

sh9683 sh9683