Post of the Day
A song I've been working on for the past year and a half called Ol' Bandit. Sorry about the video quality. Let me know what y'all think.

CiscoKarpe

Nobody :)

Lil_PrincessPiper2Tiffanee

Sorry, I couldn't get it to play.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

There were saloons in the Wild West - no liquor stores.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “There were saloons in the Wild West - no...

Thank you for pointing that out. For rhyming's sake it stays the same. You could call a saloon a liquor store in a sense. Becauase it's somewhere you can buy liquor.

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “Thank you for pointing that out. For...

Absolutely go for rhyming over accuracy. :)

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Absolutely go for rhyming over accuracy. :)

I bet you any amount of money in the wild west you could go somewhere to buy liquor. It's more than accurate. I don't understand why you felt the need to nitpick a very minor part of the song. Not everything needs to be taken so seriously.

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “I bet you any amount of money in the wild...

Liquor in bottles didn't begin until the middle of the 19th Century. In the Wild West, liquor consumption was either in a saloon or made at home (moonshine).

As for nit-picking, I brought a fact to your attention. Apparently you took umbrage at that, so I will not do it again. Not everything needs to be taken so seriously. Have a nice day.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Liquor in bottles didn't begin until the...

I take my music very seriously because it's the most important thing to me in this world. I spent HOURS upon HOURS rehearsing this and trying to come up with the best lyrics I could because I want to impress people.
After all that hard work just to hear something like there were no liquor stores you're damn right that irritated me. It's like if you spent a long time writing a poem that meant a lot to you personally and for me to say that it's not good enough.
Do you think that I or anyone else who REALLY appreciates music cares about one simple sentence? No they appreciate the effort made into creating a piece of art. If you were pointing out some constructive crticism instead of a condescending remark I would have taken it a little better.

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “I take my music very seriously because it's...

Then you should take my advice and solicit only positive comments.

Linnster Linnster

One of the last songs I posted you seem to have a habit of posting condescending remarks.

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “One of the last songs I posted you seem to...

You asked what people thought and I believe I said I couldn't understand any of the words. If there was another song, I believe I said it wasn't my type of music. If you think that's condescending, the problem is yours and you should stipulate that you only want positive opinions.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “You asked what people thought and I believe I...

It's not positive opinions I want FEEDBACK constructive feedback. Not just a snide comment

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “It's not positive opinions I want FEEDBACK...

It wasn't a snide comment. It was a statement of fact. Clearly, you couldn't care less what I think of your music so why are you belaboring the point?

Linnster Linnster

In response to “It wasn't a snide comment. It was a...

When you question my choice of words you are questioning my intelligence and yes it did irritate me and I did feel the need to defend my musical baby.

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “When you question my choice of words you are...

Your lyrics made an incorrect statement and I pointed that out to you. I didn't criticize your intelligence I pointed out an incorrect statement. Would you have been happier if instead of what I said I told you the song stunk? If you prefer that, I could make you happy.

Linnster Linnster

Constructive feedback would mean, there were no liquor stores maybe you could use _
I couldn't really hear you maybe you could ____
Suggestions and feedback are way more helpful than a statement

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “Constructive feedback would mean, there were...

I could hear the words otherwise I wouldn't have made my comment. Following your advice, here's a suggestion, since there were no liquor stores in the Old West, perhaps you could rework your lyrics to be more factual. How's that? Better?

Linnster Linnster

Any suggestions from you on how to do that? Seeming is you are more musically inclined and lyrically aware than I seem to be?

CiscoKarpe CiscoKarpe OP

In response to “Any suggestions from you on how to do that?...

Sorry, I just nit-pick the lyrics. I don't fix them. You get the last word. I'm finished with this thread.

Linnster Linnster

I think you are a very talented guitar player, and that the gist of your song is pretty good, as is your voice.

Piper2 Piper2