Sometimes I wonder if it's worth growing old

TomboyJanetTiffaneeWill_JanitorLil_PrincessRobertVonnikergoproxyTrish

BudwickJanHaskell

Lil_PrincessTiffaneeRobertVonnikWill_JanitorazlottoCarla

Explained by TomboyJanet...

IT sounds horrible, pain all the time, slowly losing your mind. Is there ANYTHING good at all to reward us for a life of toil? Life just seems like an idiot plot

I'm old and happy .... still enjoying life.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I wonder the same thing. Life just seems to become worse for people.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

It is worth it.

Carla Carla

JanHaskell JanHaskell

In response to “I'm old and happy .... still enjoying life.

As my 20s draw to a close, I realize I'm still not done being 17. What the hell is nature's hurry? Why can't I just be me and not have to "act my age?"

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

It's no worse than the emotional pain you seem to suffer day to day.

We don't all lose our minds. [I do feel badly for those that have. If they were a dog, we would show more mercy!]

If one has found things they enjoy throughout their life, they can enjoy those things later in life as well.

Budwick Budwick

I can see why you get that impression for us old farts. All we do is **** about how hard it is to get out of bed in the morning, and on TV all you see is pharma commercials about evrything that can go wrong with a human body. The thing is, you don't see us all lining up to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, so it ain't that bad. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I can see why you get that impression for us...

All these lines on my face its like only going to get worse right? so imagine how much I'm gonna freak out....I don't even want to think about it. It's making me sick right now. four more months left in my 20s.... this is too fast

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

Considering the alternative, I'll put up with a few aches and pains. Find the things you enjoy and focus on them instead of the crappy side of life. There's a lot to be thankful for.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Considering the alternative, I'll put up with...

I don't know. It could be so easy to just slip away and never have to see myself wrinkled. But I'm not done with my shit here yet. Maybe I'll just wear a mask

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “I don't know. It could be so easy to just...

We all age, wrinkles are badges of honor - I have plenty of them. My mother's mother slipped away and the legacy she left has damaged generations.
Life isn't easy but it is worth living. Don't damage those who love you.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

I just tend to grow younger, kind of solves that particular problem.

AliceD AliceD

You can get away with more when you are older. Example: If you wear flip flops and a scarf at the dollar store no will even notice your sundress is actually a nightgown.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “You can get away with more when you are...

I done that once & I was only 17 (hehe)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Getting old is not that bad. Before I hit 30, I used to have trouble getting out of bed. It took 30-45 minutes every morning before I was capable of walking. I went threw a spell where I couldn't remember what I said 5 minutes ago but I could remember 10 years before that. I suffered from horrible pains in my arm & unbelievable headaches.

So after experiencing some of those moments getting old doesn't bother me a bit

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

As we age, we grow in a lot more ways than just "old". A popular phrase is, "If I only knew when I was young, what I know now." You can only acquire the wisdom of age, by age itself.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I used to think of that and honestly, I would of commited sucidie a few years ago. Thank goodness now that I have a purpose to live on for a tomboy whose makes my life feel alive. Without her, I wouldn't been able to write out this sentence on this media site.

RobertVonnik RobertVonnik

Sure it is...The other option is not acceptable...even tho inevitable.

azlotto azlotto

You may lose the freedom of your body, but you gain a freedom of "not giving a damn about what people think," and that gives you license for a lot of fun. You don't grow old inside.

Creamcrackered Creamcrackered

I sometimes wonder too my dad had leukemia and I had to wonder why do they call them the golden years I see nothing golden or enjoyable about having leukemia

Metal_god14 Metal_god14