Mod Team
Thoughts on brainwashing children to spread your philosophy?
  • Topics:Religion
  • Post Of The Day on Aug 13th 2017

Piper2Synyster TiffaneeOzSurferWill_JanitorMashaSukiesnowSunny_the_skepticZonkeyBalls

We all want our children to adopt a similar philosophy to ourselves (deep down, even if we encourage them to question everything and develop their own ideas), but there's a line crossed with these "camps" into disturbing cult-like influence.

Thibault Thibault

It is a crime in my eyes.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Teaching children about God is one thing.
Hailing a lying traitor as messiah, is another.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiG-gz1xt9I

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Teaching children about God is one...

So if we stay on the topic of my post are you then saying that the video is innocent and all it is a good thing as all it does is teaching children about God?

voxlug voxlug OP

In response to “So if we stay on the topic of my post are you...

I've learned from previous discussions with you that 'staying on topic' is not one of your strong suits.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I've learned from previous discussions with...

Says the man who talks about Obama when the post is about Christian children....
I will give you one more chance to give me a decent reply and keep in the spirit of this website of exchanging and debating opinions. .

voxlug voxlug OP

In response to “Says the man who talks about Obama when the...

CHRISTIAN CHILDREN?

I thought the topic was brainwashing!

[See what I mean? Not one of your strong suits.]

Budwick Budwick

he is only pointing out your hypocricy! and the idiocy of the left

sh9683 sh9683

Most Christian summer camps aren't like that. But the Pentecostal faith usually goes way over the top. I went to a summer camp one year. We said prayers when having a meal, which is a good thing. My family still does it. We had about an hour of bible study, and then it was crafts, swimming, fun and games. Nothing like what is portrayed in that video. Instead of teaching that's a scare tactic.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Most Christian summer camps aren't like...

Thank you for your reply.
I really think it is criminal what they do in these video's and there are many more of these type of video's.

voxlug voxlug OP

In response to “Thank you for your reply. I really think it...

I agree, it's more like cult thinking, and that's dangerous.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I notice you never push your religion here. It's nice to see you can be a Christian and not hate Obama and worship Trump.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

In response to “I notice you never push your religion here...

Hypocrites. They spew forth Christianity one minute and pure hate the next. The most hateful posts ever put forward on this site have come from those claiming to be Christian.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Hypocrites. They spew forth Christianity one...

It's the old boy's club mentality. Bet there are more than a few KKK members that would tell you they are Christian.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

I don't push my religion, people have the right to believe what they want. I admire Obama, don't hate Trump, just hate what he's doing to our country. He's an embarrassment to all of us.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I will second that RT

voxlug voxlug OP

Cultish behavior. Bottom line.

Carla Carla

In response to “Cultish behavior. Bottom line.

This is what I would describe as evil:

voxlug voxlug OP

In response to “This is what I would describe as...

Yes. From birth these kids are indoctrinated. No choices. No honesty.

Carla Carla

In response to “Yes. From birth these kids are indoctrinated...

yeah kin dof like liberals and their kids, only liberals don;t like to stop at their own kids they want to force everyones kids to be indoctinated by liberals propaganda

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “yeah kin dof like liberals and their kids...

Broad brush much? I see some liberal Christians here. So what is your point?

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

Thibault Thibault

It's a crime, they should be punished. They are sick people. I'm tired of the sickos using God and Jesus to send out the wrong message.

Synyster Synyster

In response to “It's a crime, they should be punished. They...

I agree. "God and Jesus to send out the wrong message."
The same goes for other Gods like Allah and all the crimes that gets done and proselytized in His name. I mean suicide belts.... there is no difference between that and the video.

voxlug voxlug OP

In response to “I agree. "God and Jesus to send out the...

Agree!! One might be more violent, but they are both sending the wrong message.

Synyster Synyster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO3NBqT3LBc yeah you liberals are a fine one to speak

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO3NBqT3LBc...

IT reminds me of the indoctrination of the kids is the churches that I just posted..... Exactly the same crime, sick really.

voxlug voxlug OP

No worry about the some Trump lovers letting their kids hang out around the Ku Klux Klan.
Note that I say "some"...

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

In response to “No worry about the some Trump lovers letting...

lol, evidence please. Hilary loves the KKK, some of her close friends are KKK members, yet you liberals love to lie and try to make republicans be the KKK lovers, lol

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “lol, evidence please. Hilary loves the KKK...

Evidence please. Oh, that's right. You can't provide that.
(chew)

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

In response to “Evidence please. Oh, that's right. You...

figures, no evidence yet you believe your BS to be true. typical ignorant liberal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0DbPnfpVus

try and deny words coming out of her own mouth if you wish. but she said it.

now prove your BS that we conservatives love KKK, when that is so far from the truth!

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “figures, no evidence yet you believe your BS...

Six seconds of a youtube video is your source? Bwah ha ha ha. Now that is funny.

So Hillary is not our elected president and you want to offer that to show us why tRump is your man???

I would love to show you countless images of people that support the KKK and your man, but I rather you do the work yourself. Just skip Faux as your source and try and have an open mind.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

I like washing children's brains. You just have to be gentle with the scrub and at least try to avoid unnecessary oxidation. Rusty nerve-endings may cause the neurons to misfire, leading to psychological/cognitive impairment of various degrees. Such mishaps would, in practical sense, render the test subjects useless for further stages of suggestion via NLP and alternative techniques.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtfizIbBDI

voxlug voxlug OP

and what about indoctrination in pseudo science evolution? or in liberal beliefs about **** ed?

teaching kids about Jesus is not indoctrination, and parents have the choice, you liberals don't allow for choice, you force everyone to believe evolution, and you believe you have the rigth to force your **** ed on every child, us christians support the choice.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “and what about indoctrination in pseudo...

How about you post a debate on those bloody liberals and their brainwashing?
and stay on topic and debate a very bad side of a certain sect of Christianity?

voxlug voxlug OP

Not all liberals. Get your facts straight. Many Christians ARE liberals.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

Have you ever spoken to StarzAbove here? She's an unapologetic Christian, but she is liberal.

Still can't wrap your brain and your broad brush around the fact that many selfless liberals are Christian.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

In response to “Have you ever spoken to StarzAbove here?...

...i didn't think so.

Next.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

Kids need to be indoctrinated early for it to stick. Religions would have a difficult time surviving otherwise.

That being said, I think it's natural for parents to want to instill their "values" onto their own children. That has been happening since time immemorial.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Kids need to be indoctrinated early for it to...

There is a difference however to say to your kids, "I believe in this.... I would like it if you do too but do some research" to what thye do in the video. My heart breaks from those vulnerable kids.

voxlug voxlug OP

The Ku Klux Klan comes to mind. That is the sort of brainwashing that ruins innocent kids who don't start life hating anyone.

I am less concerned with groups that teach religion, especially if it doesn't harm others.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

In response to “The Ku Klux Klan comes to mind. That is the...

My parents taught by example. They took us to church, but they didn't make us go.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “My parents taught by example. They took us...

It's the way it should be.

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

In response to “It's the way it should be.

Thanks.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Thanks.

YW. :)

Random_Thoughts Random_Thoughts

Those people a **** crazy. Jesus doesn't want his followers to behave like lunatics. That is NOT how a real Christian treats children; it's supposed to be gentle and loving, not maniacal.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Those people a **** crazy. Jesus doesn't...

I am glad you use the word ****, that is how I feel and there are many more examples, with different churches and different kids.
It makes me very angry and yes, you are right they are NOT Christians. They are criminals and should be prosecuted.

voxlug voxlug OP

In response to “I am glad you use the word ****, that is how...

That church is living by the Old Testament. Stone age stuff; barbaric. I don't think God minds if I use the word "****." I don't go to church; it think that people need to learn something as important as spirituality for themselves, not follow someone else's idea of what it means

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I'm guessing then, that you are just as angry at Muslims who teach their children to hate Jews and anyone else who isn't Muslim?

beachbum beachbum

There is a definite creepy factor, to what I saw in that video. I have an uneasy feeling that any one those more impressionable children, might one day wield a "hammer" on more than a ceramic cup, in their passion to stamp out "sin" in the name of Jesus.

Piper2 Piper2

I could only watch a few seconds of that, it reminded me of my parents lounge room on a larger scale when they became born again into some kind of fundamentalist branch of Catholicism and used to hold these strange gatherings yelling and shouting in a different language. It would scare the crap out of my sister and I, we would hide out the back. A couple of times they tried to force me to take part but I would get really upset and they would send me out. They had better luck with my sister because she was younger, but that didn't last long. I just never understood why they changed so drastically. Our family was never the same, we were never close again. We always felt that they swapped us for their religion. My dad has Alzheimers now and has vague memories. He's tried over the later years in his own way to get us closer again but my parents lost too many years emotionally detached from us for it to be repaired (cry)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I could only watch a few seconds of that, it...

It really is time that we start acknowledging the damage that the fundamental aspect of religion does and stop it.
I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. I don't blame your parents, I blame the church.

voxlug voxlug OP

In response to “It really is time that we start acknowledging...

Thanks, and you are right about that. I've tried hard to block that part of my life out and move on. I'd been really successful but when my marriage ended and I was on my own, for some reason it brought it all back. My parents were just pawns in the whole thing although they had a responsibility to us kids. I think if they could have pursued it and left us out of it would have been much better for the family.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “That is so sad.

It's been a constant struggle since to remain objective when it comes to religion but I think I'm doing ok mostly :) People on here for the most part have helped me keep things in perspective, but still I rarely talk about it.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “It's been a constant struggle since to remain...

I understand - I'm a very private person.

beachbum beachbum

This is how you ruin humanity, by brainwashing gullible children, forcing your belief, telling them what to think. In the end you get brainwashed fanatic retards who can't think because they don't have anything else but what was forced down their throats!

My solution would be to slap the children to make them forget all the BS they were forced, punch the brainwashers even harder and educate children on all points of view and teach them to think so they can make their own rational decision!

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

No but I'm not liberal either

sh9683 sh9683

At what extent does spreading an idea become brainwashing or propaganda?

Willcooper Willcooper

In response to “At what extent does spreading an idea become...

when you tell everyone they must agree with you, and call you names like racist, homophobe, transphobe bigot etc etc if you disagree, if they force schools to teach it to kids, and threatened to remove the child from the parents if the parents don't bow to their wishes.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “when you tell everyone they must agree with...

This question extends to politics for sure but thats not all the question is about. It pertains to all information not just controversial topics but mundane as well.

Willcooper Willcooper

Surely propaganda isn't just name calling. It seems more complex than that to me atleast.

Willcooper Willcooper

It'd be best to eliminate the person, or people, who'd be setting this up for their benefit. I can't think of a scenario when brainwashing would be freely acceptable to both sides of the issue.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

BOYCOTT ALL ANONYMOUS POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “BOYCOTT ALL ANONYMOUS POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was tiffanee's post. She left.

Carla Carla

In response to “This was tiffanee's post. She left.

it's Voxlug's post (nme)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “it's Voxlug's post (nme)

Oh. Alright. I knew it wasnt originally an anon post....:]

Carla Carla

I teach by example, not by force.

Masha Masha

You mean little things like "Columbus Discovered America"? Like the idiotic common core math curriculum? Like the "Safe" curriculums at multiple Colleges? The millions of indoctrinated children into opposing religions daily? This world is so screwed up it is amazing! Nobody should teach anybody anything anymore. Start over.

DW2 DW2

Religion is a cancer on society, the end.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

In response to “Religion is a cancer on society, the end.

especially the liberals religion of climate change, homosexuality, trans, and such that is the real cancer on society

sh9683 sh9683

That video is just a little bit creepy, but it reminded me of a summer camp I went to that was sponsored by my parents' church. My camp experience was actually nice. We lived in bunks in cabins next to a beautiful lake. We didn't have to listen to any religious preaching lectures. We had fun all day making various crafts (although they had religious themes), swimming in the lake in the afternoon and hiking around the fields on the campgrounds and sitting around a campfire after dark, laughing and roasting marshmallows. Yeah, we sang some religious kinds of songs around the campfire, but it was done in a fun way and everybody seemed to be happy.

goblue1968 goblue1968