Mod Team
Are Duck Lip Selfies Still In?

Lil_Princessdoctorwho1011Piper2Synyster BudwickBozetteOzSurferAda
Are Duck Lip Selfies Still In?

Explained by Budwick...

In **2015** [that's two years ago!], a group of scientists waded into the duck-face discussion. Researchers analyzed 123 selfies and had each person whose picture was analyzed complete a personality questionnaire. The researchers noted whether the person pictured was doing things like making a duck face or looking at the camera. Results showed that those who made a duck face were more likely to be neurotic, which means they tend to be anxious and moody. The researchers also asked 107 university students to look at the photos and draw inferences about the people's personalities. As it turns out, the students assumed that those making a duck face were less conscientious, or less organized and hardworking — though the researchers didn't find any evidence of that link. So, to summarize: Online daters think duck face is hot; college students think duck face means you're a slacker; and scientists think duck face means you're emotionally unstable. It's hard to draw a general conclusion from these findings. What do you think about duck lip selfies?

HA HA HA! Love that summary. Personally, I think the affectation showcases a person's neediness, as do a fixation with selfies. JMHO

Bozette Bozette

I don't think much of them. It's another way to get attention.

Synyster Synyster

No, find something else about teenage girls to be weirdly obsessed with hating on

DWF DWF

In response to “No, find something else about teenage girls...

Thanks DWF! Your fun loving input is always welcomed!

Budwick Budwick OP

Bozette Bozette

It's a long standing trend
My Girl has taken hundreds and it's harmless fun when She goes to Concerts , Sleepovers , BBQ's etc for her and her and all her friends. (Male & Female I might add because Guys Love a Selfie too)

She is neither insecure or neurotic and She certainly isn't short of friends.

I personally don't see what the Big deal is with Women/Girls and their Selfies
if ya got it and you're fun lovin , flaunt it.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

Only so long as your **** spill out of your shirt at the same time.

trooper trooper

I sure hope not because it looks absolutely stupid but hey if people don't mind looking that way who am I to stop them.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I'm not sure. I think 'sharing' numerous selfies of one oneself is sort of strange, and that duck lip thingy just looks really ridiculous.

Piper2 Piper2

They never where in they where always ugly

sh9683 sh9683

Haven't seen many selfies

Willcooper Willcooper

In response to “Haven't seen many selfies

Then I think you are hanging with the right crowd!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Then I think you are hanging with the right crowd!

Well I guess but I think I has more to do with the fact that I have very few friends on social media

Willcooper Willcooper

In response to “Well I guess but I think I has more to do...

Wow! I'm liking you more and more Will!

This website - Amirite is the extent of social media I can deal with personally. We can have some friends here, but we can still maintain some degree of anonymity. And usually, we don't have to tolerate some nit wit posting photos of every meal he's about to eat and every mundane detail of his life.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Wow! I'm liking you more and more...

Well if you like the format of amirite you might like 4chan or reddit as well rarely is the photo spamming on those sites and people post lots of interesting content.

Willcooper Willcooper

In response to “Well if you like the format of amirite you...

I've heard of both Will. Thanks for the heads up.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I've heard of both Will. Thanks for the heads up.

Well I hope you'll give them a look based on your posts that I've seen you'd fit in nicely

Willcooper Willcooper

In response to “Well I hope you'll give them a look based on...

Again, thanks for the heads up.

Budwick Budwick OP

that's a kissie face, not duck lips

cub cub

Hey Mr B, I was just watching some old rock video clips from my favourite bands and they made me think of this post. I had always wondered where the duck face thing had originated from, and I'm thinking the 70's... look...

Jimmy Page - Led Zeppelin...

See, my mom always told me playing stairway to heaven backwards would cause deformities... maybe she was on to something (think)

And look.. Anne Wilson - Heart

... and incredibly awesome Heart Guitarist - Roger Fisher...

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Hey Mr B, I was just watching some old rock...

You may have something there Oz! Great research?

Budwick Budwick OP