Mod Team
Bravo to Person who took a vid of Woman on Toronto subway abusing her dog... (Click on Source)

SukiesnowSynyster ZolfiePiper2Sunny_the_skeptic

JD

Piper2Synyster Sukiesnow

I assume for reporting it and trying to stop it (smile)

Zolfie Zolfie

I'm happy I wasn't there to see it happening....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Kudos to the Internet...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Zolfie Zolfie

but murder a human baby and pat the woman on the back, disgusting, i hate how society frowns more on killing or hurting animals then killing the most innocent human beings

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “but murder a human baby and pat the woman on...

It's ALL bad....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Yes, and to the man who tried to intervene directly. I had to 'Google' to find what out what you're talking about, of course, since there is no link. That little dog in the image doesn't seem to be being abused by the coca-cola can...

The video is disturbing to watch, and that woman is clearly 'disturbed' as well. I'm glad the little dog has been taken away from her, and will hopefully have a chance for a happier life.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/au...bway-1.3536852

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Yes, and to the man who tried to intervene...

Thanks for googling. As you know...links aren't easily possible on an iPad, that is if they are possible at all.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Thanks for googling. As you know...links...

I've heard that is sometimes the case on an iPad. I searched for information on what you might talking about , because I was curious, and concerned about what happened to the dog....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I've heard that is sometimes the case on an...

Next time, if it's important...I will ask a mod to add a link. Altho it was disturbing and I would rather not have watched it.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I'd have thrown her under the train.

trooper trooper

In response to “I'd have thrown her under the train.

One never knows how to handle these situations as they crop up...officially...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Proverbs 12:10

Maze Maze

In response to “A righteous man regardeth the life of his...

Isn't there a more updated version of the Bible by now...one that says "An honourable person understands the life of animals:..."

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Isn't there a more updated version of the...

Yeah, sorry, I use the King James Bible, there's a lot of subtlety and nuance that I feel is lost in later versions. Man meant "person", you are after all a woMAN.

Here's the 'New International Version' of Proverbs 12:10:

"The righteous care for the needs of their animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."

...

Definition of regard

1 archaic : appearance

2 a : attention, consideration
due regard should be given to all facets of the question

b : a protective interest : care
has no regard for her health

3 : look, gaze

4 a : the worth or estimation in which something or someone is held
a man of small regard

b (1) : a feeling of respect and affection : esteem
she soon won the regard of her colleagues

(2) regards plural : friendly greetings implying such feeling
give him my regards

5 : a basis of action or opinion : motive

6 : an aspect to be taken into consideration : respect
is a small school, and is fortunate in this regard

7 obsolete : intention

Maze Maze

In response to “Yeah, sorry, I use the King James Bible...

Thank you...

Dad used to read out loud from the King James every night; but as kids we didn't listen, anyway.

Like reading Shakespeare...one has to be tuned in...I get it now, tho...but some sentences are awkward...and some fine-tuning could enhance the poetry aspect.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Thank you... Dad used to read out loud from...

Later versions are easier to read, so they're a better choice for children, but now that my understanding of language has developed sufficiently, I prefer the original. As you can see, substituting "regardeth" with "care for" loses some of the meaning.

Regard means care, but it also means to hold in high esteem, to have affection for, to respect, and to pay attention to.

So it doesn't just mean you should care for the physical needs of your animals, but also to love them, respect them and do your best to ensure they're living the best possible lives.

Maze Maze

In response to “Later versions are easier to read, so they're...

Like I said...I get it now, too. But I was speaking I guess on behalf of a bored teenager...initially.

You know the importance is the interpretation. In "spare the rod and spoil the child..." What is the interpretation, really. Is it that you must spare the rod and really spoil the child? Or is it that you shouldn't spare the rod...since you might spoil the child.

The Bible...like anything can be interpreted differently.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Like I said...I get it now, too. But I was...

"Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them."

Proverbs 13:24 New Living Translation

Maze Maze

In response to “"Those who spare the rod of discipline...

Yes...but "spare the rod" means to spare a beating...the rod does the beating...so the Bible might advocate violence in raising kids.

"Discipline" is different...but that word wasn't in the original.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Yes...but "spare the rod" means to...

The Bible absolutely does advocate using violence in raising kids, that's a fact. But you don't punish your children out of anger or a desire to harm them, you punish them when they do wrong so they'll learn self control.

Better to learn self control via the mild chastisement of a parent than via the cold, unforgiving, brutal chastisement of the world.

Maze Maze

In response to “The Bible absolutely does advocate using...

You discipline a child by taking away their iPhone. Not by beating them. The world is mostly much more forgiving than a parental chastisement.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You discipline a child by taking away their...

You don't beat your child, you spank them on the butt, and only when they earn it. I was only spanked a few times as a child, and I can assure you that I richly deserved it every time.

Give a kid the choice between taking a quick spanking or losing his phone for a day and I'd be curious which he'd choose. I bet a lot of kids would opt for the spanking.

Maze Maze

In response to “You don't beat your child, you spank them on...

Who spanks the parents when they screw up royally?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Consequence.

Yes...but kids don't usually see that happening. They see parents being idiots and not getting punished for it.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Who spanks the parents when they screw up royally?

In general, the best "punishment" is to have the child fix the situation he created. If he makes a giant mess in the bathroom, shampoo everywhere, I'd much rather just make him clean it up than spank him. Spanking is basically reserved for serious things, like disrespect.

Maze Maze

In response to “In general, the best "punishment" is...

Parent should all get that handbook... There were incidences where I wasn't punished at all..and some where I was overly. And I was a third child...they had some practise.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Not only is she abusing the dog but she also has not even 1 drop of shame, that little ****. If it was a woman that stood up she wouldn't have to be so gentle with this moron.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic