Mod Team

Yes

TrishDWFTiffaneehootowlTomboyJanetMashaLussMotionlessbird1986Sunny_the_skepticdamirawrz98

No

VicZincDW2Skunky

Other

JerryHendricksonPartyOfOnetrooper

Tiffanee
Do you think violence is wrong?

Violence for the sake of violence is wrong , violence against friends or family, must be repaid....

JD JD

In response to “Violence for the sake of violence is wrong...

Isn't that violence because of violence. In other words for its own sake?

Willcooper Willcooper OP

In response to “Isn't that violence because of violence. In...

No, some people can be violent and not care but others are violent because they have to....when I was a bouncer ..I sometimes was forced to be violent but I never liked it...there is a difference..

JD JD

Violence as a result of defending one's self, one's family or someone being preyed upon is acceptable although I would strive to resolve such situations verbally first.

Linnster Linnster

Well, suppose the USA makes a pre-emptive strike on North Korea since KJU refuses to listen to the nations of the world. In such a case I think it would be justified and probably save millions of lives.

A man sodomizing and beating his 3 year old daughter to death - is incredibly wrong.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Well, suppose the USA makes a pre-emptive...

I'll definitely go along with the second part, but I'm not quite convinced that a pre-emptive strike on North Korea is a good thing. Many lives will be lost if we did that, not the least of which our trips stationed there along with a lot of South Koreans.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I'll definitely go along with the second...

I'm assuming our strike would be on NORTH Korea.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I'm assuming our strike would be on NORTH Korea.

Of course that's where we would strike, but if it's nuclear, the fallout would extend to the south. Are you talking about non-nuclear directed strikes? Then I might be more inclined to agree.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Of course that's where we would strike, but...

Good heavens - no nukes! Blast the hell out of their military facilities and launch sites with conventional stuff - but no one has talked about using nukes.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Good heavens - no nukes! Blast the hell out...

Give it a day or two and Trump will be talking nuclear.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Give it a day or two and Trump will be...

I'll take that bet. Going nuclear on North Korea would be insane. Seoul SOUTH Korea is 35 miles away from the border. They are our friends. We have our own military people there along with their families.

I think maybe your negative impression of Trump has slipped off the rails here a bit.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I'll take that bet. Going nuclear on North...

With Trump, you never know what he's going to say from one day to the next. Yesterday it was "fire and fury," but Tillerson said, "Pish tush - Americans should sleep well at night."

Linnster Linnster

In response to “With Trump, you never know what he's going to...

Pish tush? Tillerson said 'pish-tush'? I don't know what that means.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Pish tush? Tillerson said 'pish-tush'? I...

LOL ... you get my point.

Linnster Linnster

Bud, I'm sorry but the US wont do anything unless it's ready for an all out war, you know who will step in if uncle Sam does something to KJU. The whole reason that there is still a North Korea is because China wouldn't let the US clean out NK

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Not always. Being violent in self-defense is often justifiable.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

There is a time and place for all things.

trooper trooper

Sometimes it's right; sometimes it's wrong. "Sometimes you have to fight to be a man." Kenny Rodgers. https://youtu.be/NEJniCCuqR4

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Sometimes it's right; sometimes it's wrong...

Good thing im not a man =P

Willcooper Willcooper OP

In response to “Good thing im not a man =P

No way are you a 6' 10", 290lb woman. I don't believe you for a second.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “No way are you a 6' 10", 290lb woman. I...

I'm not a woman either silly although I do have some d cups. I have really high estrogen and progesterone levels but I have xy chromosomes so I beleive the term is hormonally intersex. However I don't like either gender so I pick neither.

Willcooper Willcooper OP

In response to “You're an android?

I wish :)

Willcooper Willcooper OP

In response to “I'm not a woman either silly although I do...

That's got to be a serious pain in the ****. People probably treat you like shit. I treat men and women differently; courtesy demands it. How does one treat somebody like you? You're different and I have no experience. How can you not "like" either gender? There are some really good people out here of each.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “That's got to be a serious pain in the ****...

Well I didn't get **** till I was twenty so most of my life has been normal. But most people don't mind just a few are mean. I like both genders just not for myself.

Willcooper Willcooper OP

I am a pacifist, so yes.

Trish Trish

It's a tough call; are you fending yourself against an opponent who might later be a person who saves your life - maybe your family's.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

Depends on the conditions where violence is being used. An **** who beats his wife= bad. The SWAT sniper who kills the guy before he can push a button and take out a whole city= good. Life is not simple.

DW2 DW2

Why take effort to crap on someone else's life, it's much easier to have it chill and peaceful, violence is not the nature of most people. Reminds me of a photo where an old Afghani man brings a cup of tea to a US ranger who's all geared up with his M4 keeping a lookout.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic