Mod Team

JDDandyDonWill_JanitorMazeZonkeyBalls
What is your favorite smell memory from childhood?

Explained by LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred...

I was bringing in some laundryu and it made me feel so happy. Bleach and sunshine. That what I remember most about my Dad. He always wore a bright white shirt to work even his t shirts were bright white and smelled of bleach and sunshine. What is your favorite smell from childhood?

Our public swimming pool. I know now it is actually a bad thing when you can smell the chlorine

Bub Bub

Bub Bub

In response to “Our public swimming pool. I know now it is...

Sure Bub: You didn't know it was bad just fun so your memory is strong and good. Thank you for commenting. LL

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OP

chlorine

DWF DWF

Growing up, my family kept the Christmas decorations in a box in the basement. And so every year we'd open it up to pull out all the decorations. The smell of that box really takes me back. Many fond memories of Christmases past.

Maze Maze

In response to “Growing up, my family kept the Christmas...

Maze that is wonderful, Anything I had in the cellar got a mouldy smell, so I hope yours is better than mine. thank you for your answer. LL(h)

When I was in Junior High as a 7th grader looking up to my 8th grade older popular sister, her favorite perfume was Taboo (that she reeked of constantly as did her bedroom.).......a few years ago while shopping at CVS I was surprised to see that Taboo was still a perfume on the market, and when I smelled the sample I was IMMEDIATELY brought back to memories of the 7th grade and thinking of my older sister who always smelled liked Taboo back then.....thus buying that cheap perfume to give to her as a joke gift as a Christmas gift, that she loved because smelling that perfume for her brought memories back of her being in Junior High as well!! :)
Correction...Tabu not Taboo lol.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “When I was in Junior High as a 7th grader...

Gronk wonderful, I remember some girls I knew used musk it smelled YUCK, but when I smell that I remember those girls fondly. (crs)

In response to “Gronk wonderful, I remember some girls I knew...

Smelling a perfume like Tabu that my sister reeked of all during Junior High or hearing an old song on Satellite radio that I hadn't heard in 30 plus years, immediately brings me right back to that time in my life :)
I heard the song Stone Cold by Rainbow on Satellite radio that I hadn't heard on FM radio in decades, and forgot that I use to LOVE that song when I was 19....so while listening to that song, I felt like 19 again for a few minutes while in my car listening to that song lol!!<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h...s?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Gronk17 Gronk17

Fart.

Smells funny, doesn't it?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Fart. Smells funny, doesn't it?

Yep especially mixed with pot smoke

In response to “Yep especially mixed with pot smoke

I'm talented, but I have never learned to smoke pot with my other end.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

My mom use to my peanut brittle very Christmas season. I remember the smell of the boiling sugar throughout the house.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “My mom use to my peanut brittle very...

Will . Another good one, do you get hungry?

In response to “Will . Another good one, do you get hungry?

I never cared much for peanut brittle, but I love the smell.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

The smell of Lego Blocks... early in the morning..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “The smell of Lego Blocks... early in the morning..

Don I never had a leggo, didn't know they had a smell.Thank you for your answer and a bit of education. Many young men must share that one. LL

In response to “Don I never had a leggo, didn't know they had...

I think he was pulling your leg, but it was funny.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Roast beef

trooper trooper

My grandma's garden. I spent most of my childhood playtime there among her many flowers, fruit trees, and veggies. My special domain was up in the plum tree. I'll never forget the wonderful, ever-changing fragrances of that place.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

In response to “My grandma's garden. I spent most of my...

I like that one. My nanna had kerosene heating oil for her kitchen stove. I always think of kerosene when I think of her house. Plus my dad told a lot of stories about it too. Like when he fell into fresh tarered road his dad wiped him off with kerosene and sent him off to schoo. Another dad had stepped on an old rusty nail his dad soaked a rag in kerosene and pulled it thru ouch!! How did people live thru these things? Today if a kid stepped on a puddle of kerosene they would arest the parents and send the kid to a decontamination facility LOL

The smell of rain on a recently worked field on the farm. That or the smell of freshly cut hay.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “The smell of rain on a recently worked field...

Nice I never have smelled something I would think of as a rain smell.

In response to “Nice I never have smelled something I would...

On the plains, you can smell the rain coming. It's an earthy smell when you are down wind of it. When it first starts to rain and the dust is still in the air but getting wet, you can smell it.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “On the plains, you can smell the rain coming...

OH I have never been out there. Around here you always smell a sulfer egg smell when there is a storm coming from the north. There was a stinkin papermill that has now gone but the smell remains.

In response to “OH I have never been out there. Around here...

Location does make a difference Lorraine. Where I grew up, is probably 150 miles from the closest manufacturing of anything. (unless you count cattle feedlots, and they manufacture their own smells)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Bacon & eggs

BlueRose BlueRose

In response to “Bacon & eggs

Oh mom must have made you nice breakfasts.