McflyTiffaneeSkr3wBallDWF

troopersh9683Seonag

Tiffanee
Confederates act like Patriots.... but they're the ones who hated America so much they literally wanted to leave. Amirite?

That was 154 years ago, those Confederates are long gone. I'm against the Confederate flag though. It's a slap in the face to black people. It's not what the South stands for since 1864 and it stands for racism in my opinion that many don't share.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “That was 154 years ago, those Confederates...

I agree with you about the Confederate flag. However, I am not in favor of the statues being taken down. They are a part of our history and should remain standing. They should be used to teach the lesson that trying to impose white supremacy upon non-whites or Jews or anyone else is a failed policy.

Linnster Linnster

I get, I understand your thoughts, but hiding the Confederate flag will never make the pain of slavery and the Civil War go away. IMO we shouldn't try to airbrush our history. The era, the moral standards were what they were. I say let's keep our history out in the open, where we can see all the beauty and the flaws.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I get, I understand your thoughts, but hiding...

My sentiments exactly. There is a mindset or culture in the South as well as in the North that isn't going to change whether the statues and flags are removed or if they remain.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “My sentiments exactly. There is a mindset or...

Agreed! And **** off our Southern brethren isn't going to9 help them accept the loss of a treasured icon within their Southern culture.

PS- I am SOOOO glad we're on the same page on this one Linn!(l)

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Agreed! And **** off our Southern brethren...

We're getting better, aren't we?

Linnster Linnster

In response to “We're getting better, aren't we?

So it seems my dear!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “So it seems my dear!

As long as we can disagree agreeably, I'm happy.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “As long as we can disagree agreeably, I'm happy.

What's that supposed to mean?
(jolly)(hehe)

Budwick Budwick

Those who don't learn from history will repeat it. Agree - keep history in the open.

beachbum beachbum

Traitors.

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

In response to “Traitors.

Many were simply being loyal to their State.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Many were simply being loyal to their State.

Ooooh so... traitors to their country. got it.

T r a i t o r s.

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

In response to “Ooooh so... traitors to their country. got...

Here is the last paragraph of the Declaration of Independence:

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name and by the authority of the good people of these colonies solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British crown and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved; and that, as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Yep, they tried to leave, but didn't get the job done.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Uncle Toms as the left would say

this pretty much sums up the situation mcfly

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Who was it that wanted more recently to leave America?
Let me think, ... it was right after the election.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Who was it that wanted more recently to leave...

Yep, and never did.

beachbum beachbum

Hmmmm --- what about those in California wanting to leave the Union. Isn't there supposed to be a ballot initiative on that in 2018? What does that make those who vote for leaving the Union?

Seonag Seonag