Complex Passwords Are Annoying, Amirite? ... The Guy Who Invented Those Annoying Password Rules Now Regrets Wasting Your Time

Explained by Zolfie...

Bill Burr, whose work led to forcing users to use more numbers, special characters and case sensitive in their passwords, is apologizing after new studies suggest that those things just make passwords harder to remember, and not harder to break into (therefore they're not more secure). http://gizmodo.com/the-guy-who-invented-those-annoying-password-rules-now-1797643987

v=D(kDkfC!6:=ZG#

That is an example of the kind of passwords I come up with. Trying to memorize them is kind of impossible though.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

v=D(kDkfC!6:=ZG#

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I have so many different passwords that I can't always remember them all, especially if it's a site that I don't frequent.

Linnster Linnster

That son of a .....
Oh, and when you forget one and reset, it can't be the one you forgot cuz it's been used before!
I want to strangle that guy! [Not to worry Budwick fans - I don't really want to strangle him - just an expression. But, I would kick him the nuts!]

Budwick Budwick

In response to “That son of a ..... Oh, and when you forget...

Yeah I hate trying to figure out how to get a symbols/numbers in there that I'll remember.

Zolfie Zolfie OP

Mine are always long and complicated, much like my travels through this existence really.

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Mine are always long and complicated, much...

A comlex yet simple password, write a word using sms code where a number corresponds to 4 letters

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Yes, i bet a lot of sites lack users because of this, i sure avoided membership for this reason.
Please include a capital letter, small one, 2 numbers, japanese symbol, blood of a virgin maiden, hair from a bald man, elven ear and your firstborn

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic