Pfff I want more friends IRL but I'm too shy.  I have the same 4 friends since kindergarten and never made new ones. Now that those 4 friends and I slowly go our own paths I feel so stupid for never having made new friends.  In September I'm starting a new study at university which I hope will help to make a few new friends. I have an outgoing personality once you get to know me. It's just that I'm shy as long as I don't know anyone well and I'm too shy to make the first " move " in a friendship.   I am also a nerdy type in my thinking. I always end up talking about way too intelligent, boring stuff and people don't like that. People want a relaxed talk, not some talk on a deep level at my age.   That's why I always end up forming connections with people much older than me. Because they understand me better.  I'm also highly sensitive which is another curse. I hate it that I'm consistently worrying about world problems while other people my age don't.  Wish I had more friends :-( But I'm not social enough to make them.   Hoping that I meet other people with mutual interests at university.    I hate loud parties and pubs. I'm more for quiet evenings in a relaxed atsmosphere.   Making new friends is an art it seams. Some people make 10 new friends in no time, others have difficulties making one new friend.

ThisLadyIsDangerous

Nobody :)

Will_JanitorLussMotionlessSukiesnow
Pfff I want more friends IRL but I'm too shy. I have the same 4 friends since kindergarten and never made new ones. Now that those 4 friends and I slowly go our own paths I feel so stupid for never having made new friends. In September I'm starting a new study at university which I hope will help to make a few new friends. I have an outgoing personality once you get to know me. It's just that I'm shy as long as I don't know anyone well and I'm too shy to make the first " move " in a friendship. I am also a nerdy type in my thinking. I always end up talking about way too intelligent, boring stuff and people don't like that. People want a relaxed talk, not some talk on a deep level at my age. That's why I always end up forming connections with people much older than me. Because they understand me better. I'm also highly sensitive which is another curse. I hate it that I'm consistently worrying about world problems while other people my age don't. Wish I had more friends :-( But I'm not social enough to make them. Hoping that I meet other people with mutual interests at university. I hate loud parties and pubs. I'm more for quiet evenings in a relaxed atsmosphere. Making new friends is an art it seams. Some people make 10 new friends in no time, others have difficulties making one new friend.

You will make new friends... And really...how many people do you want in your life?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

You don't seem the least bit shy on here. I'm sure you will find friends in school.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “You don't seem the least bit shy on here...

Im rather shy in life too, will.

Carla Carla

In response to “Im rather shy in life too, will.

That's good. I don't care for boisterous loudmouths. At the same time you are not afraid to stand up for yourself. That's good too!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “That's good. I don't care for boisterous...

Your wife adores you:)

Carla Carla

In response to “Your wife adores you:)

That's one of my biggest blessings. :) Thank you!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

But on an online forum is different from real life :(

When I see a cute boy in real life or a cute girl I never know what to say to them or even approaching them for friendship.

ThisLadyIsDangerous ThisLadyIsDangerous OP

In response to “But on an online forum is different from real...

Common interests will appear when you are around them for a while. I would advise to just be patient and thinks will work out. JMHO

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Why must a person be "cute"?

Carla Carla

In response to “Why must a person be "cute"?

I meant cute as in sweet, lovely to be around.

I use cute for everything that's sweet and pleasurable, not just physically cute xD

At university you will meet a lot of new people, that is what students do...you will find it easy, but don't try too hard if you smile and just be friendly they will make friends with you...

JD JD

In response to “At university you will meet a lot of new...

You have changed your moniker.

Carla Carla

In response to “You have changed your moniker.

Most people call me that, so I thought I would change it....

JD JD

I would rather have a small friend group that knows me really well. But you're bound to make new friendships at your university. Just be yourself.

BlindMist BlindMist

Are you going to be living on campus? If so, try getting to know your roommate and you already have yourself a friend if all goes well! (smile) Check out the campus and find areas of interest where people with your interests may hang out at. Once you're comfortable maybe try a few clubs or extracurricular activities. You'll be fine. ^_^ If it makes you feel any better, I'm starting college soon too. We can help each other out! (nme)

damirawrz98 damirawrz98

I think I have it similarly like you. I only have one friend. Already from my primary school I'm only with her. I can not talk to people which I don't know very well. Moreover, I'm very quiet and antisocial.

LussMotionless LussMotionless