Trying to break a bad habit/addiction once and for all is tough. Trying to break two or more bad habits/addictions at the same time is all but impossible. <strong>Amirite?</strong>

BubLil_PrincessCarlaVicZincDandyDonBozetteTiffaneeTrishSukiesnowAbbadon517gypsykingSkunkyRorschackAdajohnstonlawfirm

hootowl

VicZincLil_PrincessSynyster TiffaneeSkunkyDandyDonBozetteAdaSukiesnowCarlagypsyking
Trying to break a bad habit/addiction once and for all is tough. Trying to break two or more bad habits/addictions at the same time is all but impossible. Amirite?

That is no shit. I battled two of my not so favorite ones this year and while at times it felt like it was impossible, I survived and beat them both.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Most definitely. When I was trying to quit smoking, I went to a hypnosis class for one session. They told us to stay away from bars because at that time you could smoke there, and smoking and drinking go hand in hand for many people. They also suggested we not try and diet at the same time. In essence, to conquer one demon at a time. I stopped smoking that night and never went back.

Linnster Linnster

Not an easy task...

DandyDon DandyDon

"But" being the key word.

Bozette Bozette

Often one addiction is just replaced with another. Hopefully the new addiction isn't as harmful as the first. I quit cigarettes recently and now I have the urge to smoke even more weed so now I am battling that addiction.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Often one addiction is just replaced with...

What we need is a tape of you giggling uncontrollably.

Bub Bub OP

Hell, what am I gonna do? You know I got several addictions and a multitude of bad habits.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Hell, what am I gonna do? You know I got...

Yes but I bet those bad habits are bad in a good way... (6)

Bub Bub OP

Addiction is hard. Ones enough to deal with at a time

Abbadon517

Yup, I can't get away from the gym, I've went from 6 days a week to 5 days a week and that's the best I'll do.

Synyster Synyster

In response to “Yup, I can't get away from the gym, I've went...

Yours is an "addiction" that is beneficial at least :)

Bub Bub OP

In response to “Yours is an "addiction" that is...

Yeah, but at some point I'll have to take it to a normal training routine. Oh well. (biggrin)

Synyster Synyster

I gave up smoking cigarettes and smoking weed at the same time. I was back smoking weed after a couple of months. Giving up cigarettes was difficult for a month but after that it was easy. The best way to give up smoking is to go cold turkey. Nicotine won't help you quit nicotine. It baffles me that doctors prescribe nicotine for nicotine addiction.

gypsyking gypsyking

In response to “I gave up smoking cigarettes and smoking weed...

~~~~~The best way to give up smoking is to go cold turkey.~~~~~

Right you are. I waited until I had a bad cold/cough to give up cold turkey. That made it easier.

Bub Bub OP

I broke my habit of smoking for years.I did it all on my own.

hootowl hootowl

In response to “I broke my habit of smoking for years.I did...

Good for you :)
It can be tough, that's for sure.

Bub Bub OP

I say , take it slow and break one bad habit at a time, it's not worth it to put yourself thru extra stresa stress

Skunky Skunky