<b>Do you trust Wikipedia?</b>

TiffaneeDandyDonOzSurferSofiaPartyOfOneSukiesnowThinkerbellprimeiroBub
Do you trust Wikipedia?

Depends on the page.

Usually if I'm doing broad research I'll use Wikipedia as a starting point to get general information and then use that to find scholarly sources that explore more narrow topics in more depth. The citations at the bottom of Wiki pages tend to be good places to find resources like articles and authors on the subject

Wunderscore Wunderscore

I don't use it...

If i need to use an encyclopedia, i'll use one that can't be edited by users...
Just give me the facts..

DandyDon DandyDon

Depends on the page.

Wunderscore Wunderscore

Not necessarily. I have no idea how it vets its information on any given subject, but I tend to think there is a bias when it comes to worldviews, ideologies, etc. that may favor Secular Humanism/Progressivism tastes over opposing tastes via omission. Whether intended or not, I cannot say.

Howler Howler

With a grain of salt.

Sofia Sofia

Wikipedia is not, in and of itself, a citable or reliable source. It is often a great place to start delving into a subject, though, because of the sources cited at the bottom, as well as the external links section, which sometimes has links to archived webpages and other links not easily found in a web search.

Bozette Bozette

No, not by itself.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Wikipedia is accurate in general. Anyone can write or change an article, but there's also a lot of hardcore Wikipedia editors who throw a hissy fit whenever a post isn't totally accurate.
Some people like to say Wikipedia is all fake, and anyone can write articles when something they say has been disproven with a Wikipedia article.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

only when its cited

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

As much as I'd trust anyother information source.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

For straightforward matters of fact, which is what I usually use it for, I have found Wikipedia to be very reliable.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell