I hate when people say "There's always someone worse off" as if that makes anything better. "great maybe they can help stop the horrible death wish generating burning sensation in my intestines I get when I eat too fast with a lecture!"

There are people worse off than you just so you know.

Do you have a roof over you head? If yes there are people out there every day that don't have a home. Some fall on hard times through no fault of their own. Some friends of mine moved to a big city. Then the place they were working closed with no notice and she got sick. They lived for 3 months in a van with their kids. Nobody knew till after it was over.

Do you have food? There are people that go hungry. Again not something they choose to do. When I was 17 a man used to come in the Waffle House order one piece of toast and a glass of water. I learned that he had lost everything including his wife to cancer. That toast was all he had each day. So I personally bought him a meal out of my own tips. Two years later I ran in to him. He got his life back and now spends it helping others but never forgot than random act of kindness and had brought me a beautiful thing of flowers.

Do you have a job? There are people that have far more **** jobs than you. There are people out there with no jobs at all and it ain't cause they are lazy. Some their places closed down, some downsized and so forth. I did open interviews where I work two weeks ago. I had a lady that came in who was covered in dirt and grease. She had just left on her lunch to come to the interview to asked I didn't hold it against her. She needed a job with benefits and more money. I hired here right on the spot. She had been looking for 7 months but always passed over by her appearance.

Do you have friends? There are people sitting every day that would kill (not literally) to have just one friend to do something with, to hang out, or talk to about things in life. Some people fall on hard times and see who their real friends are and who aren't and often lose so many people.

Are you healthy? Some people ain't. My soon to be soon in law is currently being tested for cancer. I had two cancer scares myself. I have lost friends to cancer.

So do people have it worse off than you...hell yes they do. My dad used to say those words to me and they are what helps me get through hard times because I know there are people worse off than me and I can make it through what I am going through at the time.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

And its always someone with like very little problems who says it too.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

Aww boo hoo for you and your problems in 2017. When my dad was just 17 years old back in 1955 he on his own volunteered to serve our country as a Marine, where when he was 18 he was overseas in Vietnam as a recon Marine putting his life on the line to find out who was the real enemy in Vietnam...yet here you are in 2017 WHINING about how you hate when people say there's always someone else worse off than you are!???? What is so awful in your life where you feel that you have it worse off than our country's soldiers living overseas being away from their families and every day waking up to DO THEIR JOB knowing they could be killed that day defending and protecting YOUR RIGHT to spew your liberal nonsense???

Gronk17 Gronk17

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I think the comment - 'there's always someone worse off' is meant to help you keep your troubles in perspective; NOT to make your situation any better.

Everyone has problems Janet.
How we deal with them - that's the key!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I think the comment - 'there's always someone...

I thank GOD that I was raised by common sense parents who instilled in me how to "roll with the changes" during the difficult times in my life. <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eGgLPriZUSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “I thank GOD that I was raised by common sense...

Yup! If your folks are still alive - give 'em a big, long hug for all of us that appreciate the person you are. They are a big part of it. If they've passed, well, we can all thank them in our prayers.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Yup! If your folks are still alive - give...

Thank you so much Bud for your kind words :)
My mom passed on 10 years ago after battling 2 different types of cancer on and off for 17 years starting when she was only 52(but I still talk to my mom every day via my prayers).
My tougher than 'Superman' Marine dad (my thinking as a young girl, and IDOLIZING my dad as my HERO growing up and still do now), is an elderly 79 yr old Marine veteran, who could easily at 79 yrs old still use his Marine training to cold ** these skinny jean/black mask wearing ANTIFA punks/nuts/pansies with just ONE punch...as I could also do easily myself as a female, because I was taught how to physically defend myself by my Marine dad while I was only in the 2nd grade after telling him I was going to be in an after school fight with a 4th grader who was bullying me....yup I as a 2nd grader kicked her 4th grade bullying ** BECAUSE my dad that night before our fight, taught me how to defend myself with just the right one punch...INSTEAD of him or my mom calling my school to complain that their 2nd grade daughter was being bullied by a 4th grader...after that fight NO ONE in my grade or upper classmates from then on ever dared to bully me(except for my older sister lol!!!).

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Thank you so much Bud for your kind words :)...

Gronk - Your Dad sounds awesome! What a great story. You are blessed to still have Dad with you. And I'll tell you something else - he has been blessed with a wonderful, loving daughter. (Tough as nails - with a heart of gold.)

Budwick Budwick

We live in a world where there are millions of people worse off than us and a world where thousands of people are better off ...then probably millions who live on the same level as we do..make the most of your own life and give back where you can....

JD JD