This Week in Stupid: Antifa

MazeHowlerBookyankaSunny_the_skepticMimeosome

Nobody :)

Synyster BozetteHowler
This Week in Stupid: Antifa

Explained by Maze...

There is no difference between a communist, nazi or jihadi if they engage in violence. If they cannot achieve their goals by peaceful means in a representative democracy, they do not deserve to achieve them. -Sargon of Akkad

Man makes some good points.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Man makes some good points.

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty enlightening presentation. I think it's something people need to see, because there is so much spin and **** in the media right now it's really got people turned around about what's actually important.

Maze Maze OP

In response to “Yeah, I thought it was a pretty enlightening...

That spin and **** is precisely what many want, Maze. It allows people to regurgitate the talking points without ever requiring them to actually think for themselves, much less think critically.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That spin and **** is precisely what many...

I guess that's the role of counterculture these days, to step outside of the manufactured conflict and show people the truth which spin doctors seek to obscure.

Maze Maze OP

In response to “I guess that's the role of counterculture...

Yes and no. It is the goal of the true believers in any counterculture...these days and throughout history. The problem is that the manufacturers in the mainstream often co-opt it without the adherents of the counterculture realizing it. Hence the coining of the term "useful idiots". That also often results in truly good things being ridiculed and opposed.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Yes and no. It //is// the goal of the true...

That's why I think it's important that one's first loyalty be to the truth, because that's what will keep you centered when things get weird.

Maze Maze OP

In response to “That's why I think it's important that one's...

Agreed, Maze.

"When things get weird"...things have already gotten weird. I think it is more accurately when we recognize the weirdness. Most haven't, and won't until they can no longer deny it.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Agreed, Maze. "When things get...

And when they can no longer deny it, they may well be a day late and a dollar short because I conclude they are not going to like it, but they will not have the power to reverse it.

Undesired consequences will become manifest.

Howler Howler

In response to “And when they can no longer deny it, they may...

That is my fear, Howler. Because none of us are going to like what manifests unless we reach a tipping point in the number of people who have sussed things out before that can happen.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That is my fear, Howler. Because //none of...

Couldn't agree more.

Howler Howler

Mlk jr. Had it right.
Of course, he was murdered for it. But he had it right.

Carla Carla

In response to “Mlk jr. Had it right. Of course, he was...

So, spill it! What would MLK Jr have said?

Budwick Budwick

Ah Sargon of Akkad, a classic in calling out stupid people

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic