I don't require laws to force people to like, accept, or tolerate me. I conduct myself as a good, decent, and moral person.

BookyankaBudwickWill_JanitorPhilboydStudgeBlueRoseTrishSeonag

VicZincSofiaTiffanee

StarzAboveWill_JanitorBlueRose

No law can actually do any of those 3 things. As long as no one violates my rights, they are free to think of me as they see fit.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Then you have nothing to worry about...

JD JD

I conduct myself as a good, decent, and moral person too! And, there are still people that do not like, accept or tolerate me.

And, that's OK - there's no guarantee that being a good, decent, and moral person will be appreciated. Sometimes people have other agendas and/or they may not be good, decent, and moral people themselves.

Budwick Budwick

You can legislate people's actions, but not what's in their minds.

Linnster Linnster

I don't need a law. Most people like me just because of me. Seems to me that only the worst of the worst, the most vile, criminal, and morally bankrupt people would need to force people to like, accept, or tolerate them.

Bookyanka Bookyanka OP

Good for you.(y)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “No law can actually do any of those 3...

Everybody already has laws that are supposed to protect them.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

We all live by the same laws. Your good, moral decency is your own perception of yourself. Why you feel the need to announce it is, to me, suspect.

Giving yourself permission to judge others, maybe?

Carla Carla

In response to “We all live by the same laws. Your good...

Making some more friends there Carla?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Making some more friends there Carla?

Just responding to the way it struck me, bud.

Carla Carla

No. I merely said that I don't need a law.
Good, decent, moral people such as myself don't judge others, but it sure seems as though you are judging me, doesn't it? You don't know me, I don't know you.
Perhaps you do need special laws, rights, and privileges to make people like, tolerate, and accept you, maybe?
If not, why so defensive and combative?

Bookyanka Bookyanka OP

I just got the latest updated Dictionary of Newspeak... it's called "virtue signaling'. (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

You say that, until you have been refused service because of your outward appearance.

The reality of people being told 'we don't serve your kind here' has nothing to do with being "good, decent, and moral" it has to do with physical features or mannerisms unrelated to a person's moral character.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “You say that, until you have been refused...

That has never happened to me, nor you.

Outward appearance? No, more like preceding reputation and inherent demeanor. Maybe that's what the "oppressed" should work on as a people.
I would not invite a grizzly bear, who looked like a grizzly bear, to visit my cattle ranch, and if he came around I would chase him away.

Bookyanka Bookyanka OP

In response to “That has never happened to me, nor...

I'd serve him and then take his hard earned cash as payment for the service.

VicZinc VicZinc

There's laws changing throughout history exactly because good people were treated as inferior or badly, and that needed to change. Just because nothing happens to you, even if you obey the law, it doesn't mean everyone else is that lucky. Since when do people want to change the law to be liked? I've never heard of that. They want to be accepted and tolerated, yes, and there's nothing wrong with that. Women did that. They had to force the law to change, since the law wasn't written to treat them as a normal person. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be treated like a person, with the justice that the "majority" already has, that they also deserve.

Sofia Sofia