<b>Will you ever buy a vehicle that thinks for you?</b>

Synyster OzSurferAdaSukiesnowZonkeyBalls
Will you ever buy a vehicle that thinks for you?

They're saying by around 2030 that driverless cars will be available. I see this as a good thing because instead of having to quit driving when I get old, I will still be able to get around. From a safety perspective though, I see it becoming really safe once all vehicles are driverless because then it won't be just up to each car to navigate and predict the movements of traffic, but all car computers will communicate with each other so they'll each know the others intentions and work together, which will cut down on accidents and traffic jams etc. I'm looking forward to being 80 :)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

No. Does anyone have any lengthy experience with a computer system that hasn't crashed?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “No. Does anyone have any lengthy experience...

Hmph. Even my Linux needs a reboot every month. It all just goes haywire and scrambled eggs and onions and porcupines everywhere!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

My Peugeot thinks for me. It doesn't really give a ****, but that's normal for French.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “My Peugeot thinks for me. It doesn't really...

French.... thinks.... Should those two words be used in the same sentence?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “French.... thinks.... Should those two...

When it's raining... It doesn't want to fire up at first.

They obviously think they've invented electricity.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “When it's raining... It doesn't want to fire...

It's French.... does it have one forward gear and multiple reverse gears?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “It's French.... does it have one forward gear...

It has gears... Maybe... It seems like every time I put the bloody stick to something, it's something else. It's an elderly model (1999), so there just isn't enough torque in a two liter engine to carry on. Maybe I should put a 3.0 V6 in it... It's legal - even in Finland, which is a **** miracle.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “They're saying by around 2030 that driverless...

I can't help but wonder how that driverless carjacking will go in the 2030(eek)

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “I can't help but wonder how that driverless...

Good point, maybe one driverless car's computer will hack another driverless cars computer and they'll steal each other, while humans wonder what's going on (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

That is so exciting! So it makes sense then, to buy a vehicle that thinks for you...in order to segue into the future...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “That is //so// exciting! So it makes sense...

I think it is. Sure there will be problems to iron out early on like others have suggested, but they will be sorted out. I think they'll be safer and far less stressful in the future.

OzSurfer OzSurfer