<b>Your mayor might call for the evacuation of your city...but that doesn't mean you have to go...amirite?</b> <em>People have stayed before and it's proven to be a good idea.</em>

You're free to do as you see fit .... but you shouldn't expect others to risk their lives trying to rescue you if your plan goes south after you've been ordered to evacuate.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I would knock my mayor the **** out if they told me to leave my house. POW!

Visigothicreign Visigothicreign

As a rule, if there's an evacuation order, you should follow it. If you choose to disregard it, you better be sure you can fend for yourself.

Search and Rescue aren't going to be very eager to risk their lives saving you after you've been ordered to leave, so don't expect to be high on their list if you need to be rescued. They might get to you, they might not.

Maze Maze

No, you don't have to go. Don't know whether I would believe them anyway! I live up in the foothills. No floods here. Just earthquakes and fires! LOL

Rooster Rooster

In response to “No, you don't have to go. Don't know whether...

Fires can be bad. They evacuated a city for fire in - Manitoba? And some people stayed behind...which proved to be a good move...but maybe not for your lungs in years to come...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Fires can be bad. They evacuated a city for...

We get fires here every damn Summer. Guess I've been lucky!

Rooster Rooster

Any of you who live in Florida. Please get the Hell out before it's too late. The strongest hurricane I've ever seen is headed right for you; the kind that destroys everything.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I don't live in a city so I don't have a Mayor. But if we were advised to evacuate we probably would just go visit some friends for a few days.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

We're the house that took in flood refugees when it happened here during hurricane agnes. I don't think we would be told to get out. We were glad to help our friends.

ozzyboy ozzyboy