JerryHendricksonbird1986BudwickHowlerbeachbumMashamona1986JamesDubbedJaxxi

ZonkeyBallsPhilboydStudgeTiffaneeRoosterWill_JanitorWunderscorekrying

BudwickAdaWill_JanitorZonkeyBallsAliceD
It's amazing that people can look at the moon in the night sky and still deny the existence of God. The stars? Infinity? The very things that people use to claim that God doesn't exist are the things that prove God DOES exist. Science proves it.

Ah the old tired look at the stars argument. (hehe)

Whatever floats your boat.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

You are correct about one thing, although not in the way that you interpret it. The Moon is artificial.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “You are correct about one thing, although not...

this website is like a zoo

say more things

shelbme shelbme

I'm with you on one thing. The nighttime sky can be awe inspiring.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I'm with you on one thing. The nighttime sky...

Well he got that part right.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Well he got that part right.

Just because we disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Just because we disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Doesn't mean you are right either. Goes both ways.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I totally agree!

Whenever this question comes up, I am always reminded of Thomas in the Bible who would not believe that Jesus was alive until he could touch Him.

As you suggest - Take a good look around. When most people look at the world around them, they see only the trees; they do not see the forest that is there. It should be obvious that God exists because of His creation, not only us humans, but the world we live in, the galaxy that world is in, and the universe that the galaxy is in.

Our universe contains too much order for our existence to have been created out of chaos. We are complex beyond our imaginations and when you look at such a complexity, you see God and His creation.

Thank you for this terrific reminder Jerry! It's great to see a positive, uplifting post.

Budwick Budwick

Whatever floats your boat.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

No doubt that there are some awesome things to see and experience. Wanting to believe there is a purpose, a design, and a plan is natural. Hell I still can't comprehend infinity. I just accept not comprehending it. Believing can be very comforting to people. In this world today, I have no problem with it as long it does not threaten other people's beliefs or non beliefs.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I have some problems with your argument.

First of all your use of the word "infinity". We do not know if the universe is infinite. The truth is we probably won't know in our life time due to the sheer size of the expanding universe and the limitations of our current technology. As of right now we know the visible universe is about 93 billion light years across. That means light leaving from anything beyond that edge will never reach us. Saying "infinity" sounds grand and awe inspiring but for now it's an abstract concept.

Secondly, science can not prove or disprove the existence of God, nor does seek to do so. However, science can prove how something like a moon or a star is created because we can observe them being created right now. (Google "The Pillars of Creation.) So if one argues that only God could create a star science can be used to disprove that assertion. The problem is you are using an old and flawed argument wherein anything beyond our comprehension is attributable to the supernatural. i.e. God. Humans have been doing this for eons. Every culture has a story of creation.

Thirdly, while I agree that looking up at the stars or watching a full moon rise is a beautiful sight to behold, it is not the full picture. You are ignoring the reality of the universe. There is also lethal radiation, supernovas, gamma ray bursts, solar mass ejections, etc...any of which could kill all life on Earth. (Not to mention destroying the entire planet.) If you believe that the beauty of the universe was God's creation then the same must be true for the destructive and deadly forces as well.

One last thing if I may? As an atheist I can tell you first hand that a lack of belief in God in no way diminishes the wonder and beauty of nature. A rainbow is just as beautiful whether God made it or it's a naturally occurring phenomenon caused by sunlight passing through water vapor in the air. So that is something we can all agree on.

(pce)

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

In response to “I have some problems with your argument...

Chris, I got to hand it to you - you have written one of the most respectful atheist comments I've ever read. I disagree with nearly every word, just as you disagree with the belief in God point of view. But, nobody got hurt along the way. And, that's cool!

PS - Kind of cool that all that lethal radiation, supernovas, gamma ray bursts, solar mass ejections doesn't fry us like calamari don't you think? I mean, we're pretty snug, right in the 'Goldilocks Zone'. It's almost like some one planned it that way! (biggrin)

Budwick Budwick

Who created the wonder and beauty of nature? Even if it was only the original gases, they had to come from somewhere? Any ideas?

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Who created the wonder and beauty of nature?...

oo-oo, I know this one!

Budwick Budwick

Are you asking what came before "The Big Bang"?

I have absolutely no idea.

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

IF God exists, it's ridiculous to worship him in a church instead of in His creation. He didn't stop speaking when the Bible was written

Wunderscore

In response to “//IF// God exists, it's ridiculous to worship...

It probably doesn't hurt to do both.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “It probably doesn't hurt to do both.

If God exists and he's that vain, I can't wait to have a nice warm seat in hell

Wunderscore

In response to “If God exists and he's that vain, I can't...

I guess, if you think you'll enjoy it. (o_o)

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

True, it's all just too big of a coencidence. Like the fact that we are in the habitable zone...

JamesDubbed JamesDubbed

Absolutely! God put a lot of thought into the things we take for granted that are free...the way it feels when sweating and a cool breeze comes,.. the way you get goosebumps from a light caress, the way certain foods taste so delicious, and how good it feels to have a mind blowing orgasm. Those are all proof of intelligent design. Thank You God! We love You!!✝️💋

Jaxxi Jaxxi