Mod Team
Respect For America, The Flag, and National Anthem Has Become A Hot Issue For The NFL Football Season Here In Cleveland.  How About In Your City?

Our team is focused on football, not politics.

goblue1968Will_JanitorBaloudjalbert1

Our millionaire players feel disadvantaged.

BudwickQuiz_Time

It's healthy to politicize everything!

Nobody :(

It will stop when no black people get arrested for anything anymore.

Nobody :(

Football is more important than anything!

Nobody :(

Other

Neanderthal_MomdoerBrianlRoosterSynysterGates

BudwickWill_JanitorRoosterSynysterGatesQuiz_Time
Respect For America, The Flag, and National Anthem Has Become A Hot Issue For The NFL Football Season Here In Cleveland. How About In Your City?

I hope these privileged punks play in an empty stadium on Sunday.

Budwick Budwick OP

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I hope these privileged punks play in an...

The Steelers' James Harrison has vowed that any Steeler not standing for the Anthem gets their asses kicked. That being said, they're going to your hometown on Sunday and they're really good. The Browns haven't got a chance.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “The Steelers' James Harrison has vowed that...

I know, the Browns suck so bad!
And, now the Steelers anren't playing thes BS games - I may just have to become a Steelers fan!

Thanks for the good new Jerry!

Budwick Budwick OP

Excellent!

I haven't heard if JJ Watt has told him teammates that, but he's a HUGE supporter of the military. I was so disgusted Sunday with all the garbage about taking a knee. I cut off the pre-game stuff, but did notice that of the Texans shown, not a single one was on their knee.

beachbum beachbum

The one that started this crap is out of a job now! He was with the 49ers at the time. It's OK to protest what you think is wrong but it just doesn't sit well with fans and coaches. I haven't seen any of the Raiders do this. This seems to have all come about from Kaepernick, who is half white and was raised by white parents. The fact that no other team wants his talents at Football has to tell you something!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “The one that started this crap is out of a...

He also has a girl friend who is very involved in BLM.

beachbum beachbum

Hey Bud, I agree and also with Rooster's comment.

Let me ask you both this? What about the American patriots that have burned the flag in protesting. You know the Liberals?

How do you condemn them?

As you know I'm Canadian and if someone burns our flag ... meh.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Hey Bud, I agree and also with Rooster's...

Naturally I don't like it - not at all.
But, they're private citizens, not using their paid position or fame or an employers stage to promote their sick message. Freedom of speech. I sure hope they don't get one of those novelty flags that explo0de once ignited! (smirk)

Budwick Budwick OP

I haven't seen an issue with the Packers yet.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Protesting is a protected right of individuals in America. The thing to remember is that protection just means you are not going to be arrested by the government and sent to the gulag. These NFL players need to realize they are just entertainers. If they negatively affect the business that hired them, they will be replaced. It's that simple, and most people don't think all that highly of 22 year old millionaires grand standing on prime time.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Protesting is a protected right of...

And there certainly isn't a shortage of players who wouldn't be more than willing to step up to the plate to replace them.

beachbum beachbum

Any American has the right not to acknowledge the flag. That is what we fought for.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Any American has the right not to acknowledge...

Absolutely!

And, I hope they enjoy the mocking and beratement they receive as a result!

DD - Is this you!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Absolutely! And, I hope they enjoy the...

He is already being approached from other teams. He will do just fine.

Look at the avatar.

dru18 dru18

In response to “He is already being approached from other...

He, who? Kapernick?
Yeah sure - he's not at all like kryptonite! In fact, wasn't it Baltimore that blew him off just two days ago? Yeah, he'll be fine.

And, that's what it's all about, Amirite? Disrespect the flag and country - that's fine. But don't disrespect the brother.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “He, who? Kapernick? Yeah sure - he's not...

No, he is. I suggest you update yourself on the subject.

He has every right not to stand, just a you have the right to stand. That is what this country was founded on.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, he is. I suggest you update yourself on...

(Yeah, you're DD)
No, he is what?

And, like I said before - he has the right to not respect America and, I hope he enjoys the mocking and beratement he receives as a result!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “(Yeah, you're DD) No, he is what? And, like...

As I said, look at the avatar.

In fact, it is the outcry from people like yourself, that caused the change of minds

dru18 dru18

In response to “As I said, look at the avatar. In fact, it...

What change of mind?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “What change of mind?

Dear Lord,..RECRUITING HIM!!!

dru18 dru18

In response to “Dear Lord,..RECRUITING HIM!!!

So, the Ravens dumped Kapernick because of me?

Hmmm, I read "Colin Kaepernick remains an unsigned free agent, and his girlfriend is to blame, according to former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis."

But, I'm sure you know better than him. Please don't let it get out. I don't need the front yard cluttered with BLM protesters.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “So, the Ravens dumped Kapernick because of...

No, he is actually being considered, because of people like YOU.

Keep up the good work.

dru18 dru18

Cleary you have the right not to acknowledge the USA flag(that our soldiers fought, became maimed or died for, for you all to burn our country's American Flag)....but the more intriguing question for Liberals who hate our country so much(where you feel the need to burn our American Flag in protest), is this..... why not just FREELY leave the USA to emigrate to those countries that you all want to "fundamentally TRANSFORM" the USA into??? I mean really it's that simple...if you don't like the rule of laws living in the USA you are free to leave our great country to go live elsewhere in the world that you feel fits how you want to live your life.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Cleary you have the right not to acknowledge...

And you know he is a liberal,..how?

Listen skippy, my family has fought for this country in many wars, going all the way back to the Revolutionary War.

dru18 dru18

In response to “And you know he is a liberal,..how? Listen...

Oh please, anyone with COMMON SENSE knows that those in the USA playing for the NFL who refuse to stand while our National Anthem is being played/sang, are those who are politically clueless INDOCTRINATED liberals.
Oh so supposedly your family fought for this country in many wars going back to the Revolutionary War, where sadly here you are in 2017 as one of their future relatives being a POLITICALLY CLUELESS/HISTORY CHALLENGED/INDOCTRINATED "progressive" who hasn't a freakin' clue WHATSOEVER that you're ACTUALLY advocating AGAINST all that your American family's ancestors fought and died for.
My elderly Marine veteran dad who proudly served our GREAT COUNTRY by volunteering to put his life on the line under a DDE(R) and a JFK(d) Administration, has no patience whatsoever for "all these damn pansies on the left trying to ruin our great country."
DD you fit my dad's description.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please, anyone with COMMON SENSE knows...

Newsflash, he is not a liberal. His wife is a liberal but he is not. He could care a less about politics.

Yeah, my ancestor, Peter McCormack came over from Ireland, and fought against the British, and his decedents have followed in his path.

I have served as well, so STFUP Gronk. You don't know what me or my family stand for, and you don't what Kapernick stands for.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Newsflash, he is not a liberal. His wife is a...

I was referring to Kaepernick being a liberal, who btw is NOT married, so who are you referring to as their WIFE being a liberal but he is not, and one who could care less about politics??????
Look pal, both of my Irish grandparents as teenagers came to our country LEGALLY alone at different times(not knowing each other while growing up in Ireland) to have a better life in the USA than they were living in Ireland(my nana was forced to quit school at 10 yrs old being 1 of 13 children) to go live and work on a wealthy Irish family's farm as a source of income for her family of 15 in Ireland...so at 17 she left her family of 15 to come to America LEGALLY all ON HER OWN on a ship in 1924 for her to have a better life than the one she was living in Ireland where she was being OPPRESSED since she was 10...where after her being processed on Ellis Island at 17 yrs old to LEGALLY enter our country, she as a young teenage girl being truly OPPRESSED as a young Irish girl who came to America for a better life, was shocked to see signs at places of employment she went to, to get a job to SUPPORT HERSELF that said "IRISH NEED NOT APPLY"....which did NOT deter her from getting ahead or achieving her American Dream in our great country back when LEGAL Irish immigrants were being discriminated against for being IRISH.
Eh yet in 2017, you liberals want our youth and politically ignorant adults to believe that women, minorities, people of different races and religions etc. are being "oppressed" in the USA, only in the "progressives" attempt to further their "progressive" liberal agenda to FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM the USA into their vision of AmeriKa...where us peasants are all equally poor, while our liberal court jesters(celebrities), msm media, and liberal/rino politicians live like Kings and Queens.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “I was referring to Kaepernick being a...

Glad to know about your family, but here's the difference. I wasn't acting like I KNEW all about them, as you were with mine.

I was never putting them down, because of any political persuasion, as you did mine.

You think because I am a liberal, that my ancestors never fought a day for this country. Gronk, you don't know shit, about me,or anyone else.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Glad to know about your family, but here's...

dru18 your post most CERTAINLY inferred that you knew who you were talking about....."Newsflash, he is not a liberal. His wife is a liberal but he is not. He could care a less about politics."
dru18, WHO ARE YOU referring to with that post of yours???
You "progressive"/"tolerant" liberals haven't a freakin' clue WHATSOEVER about American History, World History, or what each political in our country truly stands for...you all as dumbed downed Americans blindly believe whatever our "msm" and POLITICALLY CLUELESS celebrities tell you how you should believe.
Really think about this....you all on the smaaaat "tolerant" left despise a self made BILLIONAIRE who turned his few million dollar inheritance into BILLIONS of dollars by having a hard work ethic, instead of blowing his inheritance as a young man on partying...yet you liberals feel that your liberal and rino politicians who ONLY became 1%ers THEMSELVES as lifer POLITICIANS putting our country 20 TRILLION in debt, somehow are smaaaaaata than Donald Trump because he's not a smooth talking POLITICIAN like they all are!!!???

IN THE REAL WORLD no successful private company would EVER hire someone to be their company's CEO to be the President of their successful company having a resume like Obama's of being a "community organizer", an IL state senator and then only an 18 month US Senator who THOUGHT he was qualified to be our country's CIC...yet you wicked smaaaaat liberals voted for him to be our country's CIC of our economy, with him having NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL of ever WORKING in the private sector, ever running a business/having to make payroll...yet you all voted for him to be our country's CIC to run our country's economy, smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “dru18 your post most CERTAINLY inferred that...

I have no idea what you are prattling on about, but I do know that you have the unfortunate stinky habit of pigeon holing everyone.

Sorry, but liberals have been fighting and dying for this country, since before it became a country. And I am very proud of my roots.Progressive thinking is what always leads any civilization to greatness.

Now, you are bringing Obama into this?? We have had many great presidents who were not business people, and Obama was one of them.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I have no idea what you are prattling on...

dru18 the "liberal" party of today is NOT the Democrat party of JFK.... the "liberal" party of today has unfortunately been successfully infiltrated/taken over by violent Anarchists who are POSING as democrats...and you all on the left don't give a shit, as long as they vote Democrat, smh. Even back in 2010 when Obama was President these Anarchists were out violently "Occupying" major cities with these nuts literally shitting in the streets because they were supposedly "oppressed" in the USA.
Wake UP, if in 2017 you still think there's "oppression" going on in the USA, you need a reality check along with a ONE WAY ticket for you all to go live in Iran, North Korea, Syria etc. to finally GET KNOW what being OPPRESSED really means.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “dru18 the "liberal" party of today is...

Yes, Gronk, I am well aware of how far both parties have drifted, although, I will say that the Republicans are no longer the party of fiscal responsibility. They are no longer considered the party of Goldwater.

".and you all on the left don't give a shit, as long as they vote Democrat, smh."

One could say the same thing about the Right, as well. You could care a less what Trump says about women, minorities, and just about everyone else, as long as he has an 'R' , next to his name. You voted in a man, who has stuck it to the "little guy" in business dealings that have gone south, denied housing to blacks, wanted the death penalty for the "Central Park Five", a twice divorce loser, habitual liar, who most likely colluded with Russia.

You have no room to be talking trash about ANY other president, Republican or Democrat.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Yes, Gronk, I am well aware of how far both...

Man, you are truly clueless. All of you on the left are always conveniently "offended" at every damn thing Donald Trump says or does as our CIC because you IGNORANTLY buy into our liberal msm that Trump is sexist, a homophobe, anti legal Immigration, blah, blah, blah ...yet you BRAINWASHED liberals had NO PROBLEM whatsoever when Bill Clinton as our CIC was getting blow jobs in OUR Oval Office from a naïve 21 year old intern while he was our country's CIC, and had no problem when he lied under Oath, had no problem with Obama lying about Obamacare to get it passed, Obama as our CIC using his power as our CIC to spy on journalists, and having his IRS audit those on the RIGHT etc. etc. etc. You all on the left don't even care that Clapper and Rice flat out lied about what they knew about Benghazi or them "wire tapping"(spying on Trump as a candidate)...whereas if GWB 43 and his administration did the same exact things when Obama was running for POTUS...YOU KNOW it would have be 24/7 ad nauseum news coverage by our msm, yet because it's come about that Obama's Administration DID in fact ABUSE their power, clearly having no respect or regard for our Constitution's 4th Amendment, they didn't care thinking they would never get caught in their attempt to further their "hope and change" to FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM AMERICA into their liberal AmeriKa...and sadly you all on the BRAINWASHED left don't give a shit when those in GOVERNMENT on the LEFT piss on our country's Constitution in their quest to "FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM" our great country into their ARRESSTED DEVELOPMENT brains with their teenage mentally delusional vision/version of their AmeriKa.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Man, you are truly clueless. All of you on...

First of all, Monica Lewnisky, although young, was a Consenting adult.

And how do you know, that I wasn't outrage, when it happened? Once again, pigeon holing others.

Second; Bill Clinton is not the president, Orange Walrus, is. And he has a looooong history of disrespecting women. Or do you like to have your **** grabbed?

Sorry Gronk, but Mueller is getting closer, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

Trump should have released his tax returns, been truthful about his staff meetings with the Russians, and been corporate about the whole investigation. And yes, you can still release tax returns while they are being audited. Look it up.

Trump messed up, big time.

dru18 dru18

In response to “First of all, Monica Lewnisky, although...

Oh man, you haven't a freakin' clue how brainwashed and ignorant you really are when it comes to politics where you actually think/believe that one running for POTUS is required to release their tax turns, smh at how freakin' IGNORANT you are.
Look pal a candidate volunteering to release their tax returns came about with Nixon, only to prove that he was not a crook.
Why aren't you liberals curious about looking into the tax returns of LIFER politicians like John McCain, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson LEE, Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Elizabeth Warren etc. etc. who are all 1%'s themselves as POLITICIANS????? Yet you all on the politically CLUELESS far left want to see the tax return of Donald Trump who made his BILLIONS as a private citizen...but are not the least bit curious as to how those politicians are 1%ers???? Yet you all have a problem with DONALD TRUMP being wealthy as a private sector businessman...yet you have no PROBLEM with lifer politicians on BOTH SIDES making their millions of dollars as politicians ABUSING their power as our elected politicians to ultimately get rich them selves POSING as supposedly caring about WE THE PEOPLE. Yet you all on the far left and far right HAVE A PROBLEM with Donald Trump who already had fame, wealth and power..thus running for POTUS because he truly cares about what's in the best interest of OUR COUNTRY, and not giving a shit about a political party's agenda!! What don't you get?? I use to be a Republican supporting McCain in 2008 and then Romney in 2012...now I consider them both as an ENEMY of the USA.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh man, you haven't a freakin' clue how...

Once again, how do you know that "lifer politicians" don't bother me? I would love to see the whole lot thrown out of Congress.

But as far as presidents go, lets stick to the current one, who has a very long history of stiffing workers, bankruptcies, (while leaving his share holders holding the bag), bad business decisions, bad judgement, while expecting complete loyalty but not giving any back.

Not to mention FIVE deferments to keep him out of Vietnam. Talk about a character reference.

New York knows him for what he is, a con artist who is full of hot air. They wrote him off a long time ago. Too bad, 'middle America' didn't listen.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Once again, how do you know that "lifer...

Oh please, you politically clueless wealthy elite liberals ignorantly elected a Socialist to be the Mayor of NYC...and yet you want us COMMON SENSE Americans to take your opinions about Donald Trump seriously?? lol!!!
You IGNORAMOUS wealthy elite liberals have NO CLUE whatsoever(like Hillary Clinton) that the majority in our country do not give a rat's **** what you all think about us deplorables or what you think/know about Donald Trump because you all have no clue how we all live in our great country or how we all think and feel. Thus why you all were shocked/traumatized that Hillary lost to Donald Trump....because you all IGNORANTLY blindly believed what our "msm" reported.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2-ZQ5T8wjsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please, you politically clueless wealthy...

You know, Gronk, one time you are going to post something intelligent, enlightening, and without any partisan stupidity, and all of us are going to fall over dead.

Hilary Clinton apologized for her characterization of Trump supporters, while Trump hasn't got the decency, nor class, to apologize for any of his crappy comments.

Frankly, I think Hilary had it right the first time.

dru18 dru18

In response to “You know, Gronk, one time you are going to...

Hey dru18, NEWS FLASH because you liberals clearly still haven't got it yet.....us DEPLORABLES don't give a rat's **** about what you politically IGNORANT and History challenged liberal elitists think of us DEPLORABLES, and still haven't figured out that we ARE the silent MAJORITY in our great country...eh but keep on keeping on believing whatever CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, The View, and all the lame late night TV hosts "report" to you and your base lol!!
You all on the freakin' IGNORANT left all got so excited that the aging rapper Eminem put out a video of him bashing President Trump...where you all loved it ONLY because he was bashing President Trump, HAVING NO CLUE or not caring about his past rap lyrics of him hating on the gay community, his lyrics of him wanting to rape women, his lyrics of wanting to kill his wife and his lyrics of wanting to have ** with mother...eh but he gets a free pass(like Harvey Weinstien use to) because he votes democrat and contributes to the Democrat party. YET you all on the left were "offended" that Donald Trump back in 2005 as a private citizen said the P word during a private conversation talking to Billy Bush about how easy some women in Hollyweird are, where anyone in power in Hollyweird(Harvey Weinstien) can just grab these women by the p**y and they're ok with it.
Eh but in a liberal ears you all only "heard" in your special minds was IN YOUR MINDS, Donald Trump saying.. "I grabbed her by the pussy". smh

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Hey dru18, NEWS FLASH because you liberals...

Sorry, but you have the wrong liberal, I have never listened to Eminem, nor am I about to now. And funny, I don't get my news from any of the sources, you listed. So much for your bias pigeonholing again.

Yeah, I was OFFENDED by what Trump said as I have been offended by Weinstien's shit, and the just about everyone who works over at Fox News. I don't give anyone a pass when it comes to that crap.

But I can sleep at night, knowing I didn't vote a sexual predator into the highest office.

Can you say the same?

dru18 dru18

In response to “Sorry, but you have the wrong liberal, I have...

Oh so you as an advocate of women back in 1992 must have voted for either Bush 41 or Ross Perot, and then in 1996 you must have voted for Bob Dole...given that Bill Clinton was a known sexual predator/rapist as the Governor of AK and then continued to be so while our country's CIC.
What don't you get....Trump as a billionaire private citizen back in 2005 while having a PRIVATE CONVERSATION with Billy Bush was clearly telling him how EASY some women are in the entertainment business.. where anyone in power can just grab them by the "pussy" and they're OK with it.
NOT saying that he grabbed women by the pussy!!!! Trump back then in the know about HOLLYWEIRD was clearly referring to the ogre looking men in power in Hollyweird like Weinstein as well as the goodlooking "A list" celebrities in Hollyweird.

Gronk17 Gronk17

This music video also depicts how we the SILENT MAJORITY(who vote) think of you pansies on the far left.<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tJixs2FoZ_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

We need to get you on the radio

Brianl Brianl

Excuse me for interrupting, but I was just enjoying reading this passionate conversation between dru and Gronk. You made a common error in your last post--you meant "He couldn't care less" instead of "He could care a less" about politics. But don't sweat it. I hear many people make this mistake when they speak in today's society. And they probably couldn't care less about making the mistake!(biggrin)

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “Excuse me for interrupting, but I was just...

As I use to tell Dublin, the fingers just fly when typing responses to a comment on a opinion site.

Thanks for telling me. :)

dru18 dru18

I wonder if you have any thoughts on the actual subject of the post.

By the way, you didn't 'hear' the error you mentioned above. You read it.

Not to worry, grammar Nazis make mistakes too!

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “I wonder if you have any thoughts on the...

Budwick, if your post above was directed at me, when I typed "hear" in my post I was typing about people that I talk to out in the general public and I "hear" them "speak" the error about caring less in the incorrect manner.

Also, if you were in fact replying to me, I did post a thought on the actual subject last Saturday regarding disrespect displayed by the NFL team in my area toward the city where they played their games for 27 years.

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “Budwick, if your post above was directed at...

I apologize for misunderstanding. And, I was a little surprised when I believed we had somehow become opposing sides - I remember GoBlue as level headed and smart.

I appreciate you taking time to straighten me out. (smile)

Budwick Budwick OP

Seriously, anyone who still takes the time to point out people's spelling errors on the freakin' internet, has way too much time on their hands...as well as doing so in their attempt to make themselves come across as WICKED SMAAAATA than everyone else on a website.
You interjecting to just point out one's grammar/spelling errors only makes you come across as an elitist snob who THINKS they're SMAAAATA than us all just because you troll threads looking for spelling/grammar errors to PROVE how much SMAAAATA you are than us all, smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Seriously, anyone who still takes the time to...

Gronk17, slow down and cool your jets about my post. I'm on your side in this argument. My post was directed at dru18's post of Sept. 11 (as can be seen by reading the "in response to ..." reference at the top of my post). I was waiting for a reply from dru18 that I could engage with, but not such a hysterical reply from you!

I am ecstatic that Kaepernick is unemployed now because of his disrespectful actions and I hope that he remains unemployed from the NFL forever. I also maintain that Obama was the worst president of my entire lifetime (and Harry Truman was the president when I was born) because he was responsible for the suffering of more hundreds of millions of Americans than any other president because of how he perpetuated the worst economy since the Great Depression with his dismal domestic policies. Not to mention the additional suffering to more millions of Americans whose health care insurance (that they liked) he abolished and replaced with the more expensive and tyrannical Obamacare disaster!

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “Gronk17, slow down and cool your jets about...

The spelling/grammar police on the internet pointing out spelling/grammar errors only make my eyes rolls EVEN if they agree with my opinions and are pointing out the spelling/grammar errors of a politically ignorant/ill informed person on the far left...only because it's petty to do so because we ALL at times make spelling/grammar errors while typing out our thoughts/opinions on a keyboard, and not everyone took 4 years of Typing class while in HS as I did back in the late 70's lol! What's ironic is that now in the age of technology where kids have to use keyboards to do their school work, Typing classes are no longer offered in schools, at least they're not in my city's schools. My teenagers,12 year old and their friends all type with just their thumbs and their index fingers...whereas I type using all 10 digits, thus making minimal errors and blowing my kid's minds as how fast I can type lol!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “The spelling/grammar police on the internet...

Thanks for the memories about HS typing class. I actually only took one typing class in HS (1964), but it was enough to teach me everything I needed to know about operating a keyboard and page layout techniques for business letters and term papers and long reports.

That really came in handy during my job career in the '80s when computers were introduced into our company. The page layout functions for formatting on the computer were the same as what I learned twenty years earlier so the transition to the computers was easier for me than for most of my younger co-workers.

But, like you said about today's teenagers, I am absolutely flabbergasted at how fast they type with their thumbs on their smart phones! So I guess they try to carry that habit over into their computer keyboards.

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “Thanks for the memories about HS typing...

While in HS I took 4 years of typing class as well as 4 years of shorthand classes...where having those 2 skills back in the early 80's as a single mom is why I was hired at a Fortune 500 Corporation in my town looking for CRT operators to input data on their computers..and because I had accurate lighting speed as a typist, as well as able to write in shorthand and then accurately type out what my boss said and most importantly having a hard work ethic... my boss encouraged me to take advantage of our company's benefits of paying for college classes, which I took advantage of as a young single mom back then INSTEAD of relying on the government(other peoples tax dollars) to take care of my son and I.
Even now as a stay at home mom for 20 years, I still can write/read shorthand, as well as being wicked fast at typing lol :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

It is true that the government can't punish him for not standing, but if he is at his work and being paid he is subject to whatever the company (NFL) says on the subject. The company (NFL) is also subject to sponsors, and consumers of their product, which is entertainment.

What was fought for was protection from our own government. That's the point so many people seem to miss. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It is true that the government can't punish...

Very true, but this smacks of what was done to Ali back in the sixties.

And if the government is not involved here, than Trump needs to keep his big mouth shut. IF, he can.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Very true, but this smacks of what was done...

Here we go again. Leftists and blacks can do what ever, white conservatives are supposed to shut the phuck up.

You really don't see your racism, do you?

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Here we go again. Leftists and blacks can do...

No, I can't, but yours sure shines out like a beacon.

The players are on their knees, not to disrespect the flag or anthem, but to protest the shooting of black men, (especially unarmed) by the police who have the mentality of shooting first, AND then getting around to asking a few questions.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No, I can't, but yours sure shines out like a...

The players on their knees - what ever their color are disrespecting America. I don't give a shit what their intent is - they are disrespecting America.

Make your protest in another way at another time. By the way - burning down cities, rioting, looting are more examples of unacceptable behavior.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “The players on their knees - what ever their...

Yes, because the last examples you gave, are ones of VIOLENCE. Going down on one knee is not.

That flag has flown over a lot of ugly as well, and everyone has the right to decide if they want to honor it, or not.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Yes, because the last examples you gave, are...

Hey, you want their protest to fail?
I'm OK with that.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Hey, you want their protest to fail? I'm OK...

You think because Trump has spoken, it will go away?

Hate to tell you, but this form of protesting was going on, even under Obama. But of course, we didn't hear him **** about it.

dru18 dru18

In response to “You think because Trump has spoken, it will...

Of course Obama didn't **** about it. He encouraged it! Obama encouraged all kinds of divisions in the country.

No, the protests won't go away. The protesters and their supporters are not very bright. The NFL will suffer greatly however. So will race relations in general.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Of course Obama didn't **** about it. He...

The protests have been going on for quite awhile, and will continue as long as young black men are being senselessly murdered by the police.

It has nothing to do with the flag or anthem.

It is a peaceful protest, that hurts no one. If you don't like it, then don't look.

The NFL will suffer? LMAO!!

dru18 dru18

In response to “The protests have been going on for quite...

Your little protest is killing the NFL Dru. Many have taken your advice and are not looking.

Sponsors don't like that Dru.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “Your little protest is killing the NFL Dru...

Sponsors, or the owners, could care a less. If they had minded, something would have been done along time ago.

Trump tried Three times to buy a team, and was basically told to hit the road. He is throwing this shit out there, to appease his base, nothing more.

His approval ratings are down to 32%, with a growing number of Republicans jumping ship. I don't think the NFL's approval ratings are anywhere near Trump's embarrassing low number.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Sponsors, or the owners, could care a less...

A wave of reality will wash over you .... as soon as your masters allow it.

Budwick Budwick OP

In response to “A wave of reality will wash over you .... as...

Just like Trump's 32% approval ratings, along with losing of Republican support, will hit you,...if Fox News allows it.

dru18 dru18

What Cassius Clay did, and I remember this well was he became a Muslim in order to avoid being drafted to go and serve in Viet Nam.

Of course now that we have the lens of history to look through. Viet Nam became a war managed by dip-shit politicians instead of the military.
So It was a smart move on Clays part.

We have 50,000+ dead soldiers as testimony to the lunacy of the way that war was fought.

Brianl Brianl

Nope not at all for the players who play for the Patriots....actually if any of you watched the opening ceremonies earlier tonight of the Pat's game on NBC, you would all have seen EVERY player and MEMBER of the Pat's organization standing proudly during our National Anthem as well as seen a HUGE American Flag on our Patriot's field...and would have heard the SOLD OUT game of fans all loudly singing along in unison with the singer of our National Anthem at tonight's game.....eh but of course there was that ONE lone 'oppressed' NFL player(making A LOT of money for JUST PLAYING FOOTBALL) on the KC Chiefs (#22) who refused to stand for our country's National Anthem... for him as an OVERPAID athlete to make his 'statement' ala Colin Kaepernick about how 'oppressed' minorities are in our country.....blah, blah, blah.
Which makes it even more heartbreaking that the Pat's are going to lose to this team who has a player on their team who won't STAND while our country's National Anthem is being sung, that has AFFORDED him so many opportunities in our GREAT COUNTRY.

Gronk17 Gronk17

**** football
a Man wearing a helmet defending our country
should make more money then a man wearing a helmet while playing a kid's game

I maybe an ****
but I don't treat people bad
I treat them accordingly

coffee the **** up , get shit done

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

At least our team went back to playing their home games in the city that they use in their team name instead of in the northern suburb of Pontiac (where they played their home games for 27 years, but still called themselves the "Detroit" Lions).

goblue1968 goblue1968

I could give a damn what any sprots team does most of the time. But this issues really irks me and only solidfies way I stopped attention to and spending my money of a bunch of spoiled brats.

Brianl Brianl

Hey there idiots in every city so I'm sure its on its way here too.

Brianl Brianl