Mod Team

doctorwho1011Darkest_SerenityBozetteOzSurferWill_JanitorSukiesnowSunny_the_skepticRoosterBubSynysterGates
Every story has its villains, turn the clock back to your teens. Who bullied you, why, how many of them were there and who do you think bullies worse - boys or girls?

Never been bullied in school or since...

JD JD

In grade school and high school it was guys that were unsuccessful getting into my sisters pants. There were plenty of 'em - six or seven.

Online bullies seem to be more evenly spread among male and female.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “In grade school and high school it was guys...

They were picking on you because they didnt stand a chance with your sister?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

In response to “They were picking on you because they didnt...

I actually don't recall getting a clear explanation, but it was a pattern I recognized.

My sister was a hottie and I was her dumpy little brother.

The bullies didn't always come out on top by the way. Even way back then I never ran from a bully.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I actually don't recall getting a clear...

One would expect that they would have been extra nice to win her over.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

In response to “One would expect that they would have been...

Yeah, but that's how a gentleman would think.

Budwick Budwick

Bud, what area in our country did you grow up in...only asking because I think you and I are of the same generation, where I grew up in the Northeast being 1 of 4 girls(all hotties too lol) and my sisters and I never felt we needed our guy friends or our Dad to stick up for us back then...we truly were tough as nails little girls and as teenage girls back then..but that could be because our dad was a Marine having all girls who raised us to be that way. So it blows my mind how some women in 2017 "feel oppressed", whereas my sisters and I never felt oppressed as little girls in the 60's, oppressed as teenage girls in the 70's or oppressed as working women in the 80's.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Bud, what area in our country did you grow up...

I knew you were a hottie! Must be that strong. self assured demeanor of yours.

I grew up in the mid-west - Wisconsin mostly.

You sound like a really terrific woman from a great family.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I //knew// you were a hottie! Must be that...

My sisters and I were THANKFULLY raised right by our COMMON SENSE strong minded independent stay at home mom and by our COMMON SENSE tough as nails Marine dad...<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PXg8E0kzF1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

No one bullied me. They tried, but did not succeed. I think girls bully worse, but not physically. More with rumors, gossip, taunting, lying, and plain old meanness, especially to other girls.

ASPD ASPD

In response to “No one bullied me. They //tried//, but did...

The way I see it boys will beat the living crap out of you for fun or because you're an easy target, while girls wont beat you but they will destroy other girls mentally.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

In response to “The way I see it boys will beat the living...

With boys, eventually it comes to a head and they get in a fight and it's usually over with.
With girls, bullying can last years, telling lies, making fun of clothes, looks, hair, etc etc etc...

ASPD ASPD

In response to “With boys, eventually it comes to a head and...

Nope, it's not over with not at all. If you're a weak target you get picked on every day this was the way it went for me in middle school.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

In response to “Nope, it's not over with not at all. If...

I edited and added the word "usually". That has been my experience.
My brother was a weak target too. He got a shovel and ripped a gash in one older bully's stomach. Just sayin'..

ASPD ASPD

In response to “I edited and added the word...

I was too kind and was afraid of hurting them, I wish I wasn't but karma exists I guess, all of them are growing up into nothing.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

Girls try the mental destruction of guys too.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Girls try the mental destruction of guys too.

Perhaps, there was this tall one who wanted me to chase her for some reason.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

In response to “Perhaps, there was this tall one who wanted...

Yes, the bitches learn early how to hone their skills of getting men to do their bidding. They know guys are suckers for girls. It's just not PC to drag 'em by the hair back to the man cave anymore!(hehe)

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Yes, the bitches learn early how to hone...

You're right, she was trying to get me ti play with her, ended up with a lot of butt grabbing, although I wondered why because I was very chubby in middle school

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

In response to “You're right, she was trying to get me ti...

She wasn't going to try it out on the middle school Adonis first!

Girls learn quickly that boys / men are really simple creatures. And girls 'come from the factory' fully equipped to tease and tantalize us poor slobs.

Budwick Budwick

No one bullied me either when I was a teenage girl in the 70's(my sister tried to, but failed lol). You're 100% right that girl bully's are worse with their rumors, gossip, taunting, lying and plain old mean girl meanness towards other girls, only because THEY'RE JEALOUS of those girls...unfortunately it doesn't stop for those type of girls even when they become women. When I was in my 20's and 30's working for 'Corporate' America, man some of the women I worked with back then were so nasty, jealous, and hate filled towards their fellow females working at the company we worked for. I found my male co-workers and male bosses to be much more accepting of their female co-workers who were smart and hard workers, therefore wanting to help us advance in the company....whereas A LOT of the women working there would become your enemy when you got a promotion because they as "feminists" assumed you got that promotion ONLY because "you're pretty"...this is unfortunately the mindset of some women on the left.

Gronk17 Gronk17

Middle school, 2 or 3 sadistic little pricks who took advantage of easy targets.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

I was never bullied in school.

Linnster Linnster

One in grade 4, but then became my friend.
The worse was 3 guys bullying my friend and myself in first year of high school. Mostly when we played hockey, getting tripped, nailed to the boards, slashed in the legs etc.

All **** hell broke lose in grade 10 as I got much bigger by my doing weight training and gaining mass.
First day one the ice, and I crossed checked one of the bullies and sent him head first in the boards, knocked him out cold.
The other two though I was crazy ... lol needless to stayed away from me and they never bullied me again, in fact they were scared to touch the puck. lol

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Give em hell!

Because of them, I'm an aggressive guy, meaning if someone pushes me to far or physically tries to hurt me, I'll beat the holy hell out of them. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “One in grade 4, but then became my friend...

Being older, I lived in a time when bullying never really existed, or I never noticed it...fights were always one to one and you won or lost, but no groups ganged up on anyone, in fact I was part of the biggest group and we never picked on anyone....they were good times..

JD JD

In response to “Being older, I lived in a time when bullying...

Yup, I never got into fights with group gangs. It was always one on one. Even when a fight would break out at the bar I worked at, it was always one or two drunks trying to start a fight.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yup, I never got into fights with group...

I found the drunks quite easy to deal with, it was the crazy birds that gave me the most problems...

JD JD

In response to “I found the drunks quite easy to deal with...

Yeah crazy fun people weren't fun to deal with.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I was never bullied, only because I had older siblings...lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I was never bullied, only because I had older...

I bully you all the time. (hehe)(hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I bully you all the time. (hehe)(hehe)

I know, but I can handle you any time....lol(nme)(nme)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I know, but I can handle you any...

Yeah ... you can, dammit. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yeah ... you can, dammit. (hehe)

lol especially when I'm on duty! lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “lol especially when I'm on duty! lol

Oh yeah, Starz the cop. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Oh yeah, Starz the cop. (hehe)

Yep, Starz the cop. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

JD JD

In response to “Never been bullied in school or since...

That's cause you've always been built like a brick sh1thouse? Or 'cause your so kind and nice?

Bub Bub

In response to “That's cause you've always been built like a...

More like your second idea....hehe

JD JD

I got bullied in grade 2 for...about 2 weeks? The girl sitting behind me in class would bang on my shoulder and say "do this, or do that." It didn't last long...but it seems to be noteworthy to me...since I remembered it... Oh and also in Grade 8...there were 2 girls who bullied the class. They were not mean to me; but they were to another classmate...and I feel that I should have done more in her defense.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Boys

DWF DWF

A couple of people tried to bully me in school - they never tried it again.(swt)

ozzyboy ozzyboy

I had five older brothers and was grounded from 11 on...it doesn't take a rocket scientist...

Bozette Bozette

Pretty much all the seniors on the football team, but that was more like hazing.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Heidi Meuller beat me up in grade 6... she was mean

Bub Bub

I went to an all boys school until I was 14, the bullying was relentless by many and always in gangs, never one on one. I literally thought I was going to die at school. They would break into my locker and destroy my homework, steal my lunch, always beat me up or make me take the blame for anything they did. The teachers would cane me regularly as I was the one they blamed for supposedly being the trouble maker. Then one day when I was 12, something snapped inside and i realised that they couldn't hurt me more than they were, so when a group started to taunt me, I king hit the biggest guy in the group and hurt him as much as possible until I lost, but in the process he had a blood nose and ripped clothes. I survived and i did this a few times until they realised that bullying now came at a price. So they reluctantly gave up. I went to a mixed/mostly girls school for my final two years. The girls were all great, never had an issue with anyone.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I went to an all boys school until I was 14...

Thanks for sharing Oz, I'm sorry that you were tormented the way you were, seems it was worse than my torment. I hate them even today, to the point that when I saw younger children bullying another I stepped in at got one of them by the shirt threatening them.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic OP

In response to “Thanks for sharing Oz, I'm sorry that you...

Thanks and sorry you were too. I think the measure of bullying is about how it affects a person emotionally and mentally rather than the scale of physical harassment. There were moments when I would have hurt many of them had a gun been available and this horrifies me now but gives me an insight into how some school shootings can occur and now at a much older age, I put the responsibility onto the teachers who knew it was going on but chose not to get involved. As one said to me, this is normal behaviour and you will work out a way to solve it. Well he'd be the first one I would have shot.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

That's terrible that you had to go through all that brutality, but glad you were strong enough to overcome it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “That's terrible that you had to go through...

Thanks, it sounds completely insane now when I describe it, even to myself. It's amazing how society has changed for the better in that regard.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Thanks, it sounds completely insane now when...

Did your parents know what you were going through?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Did your parents know what you were going through?

I told them but then they'd phone the school and were told that I was exaggerating or that I was the one causing the problems, so once I realised that my parents weren't on my side, I just withdrew from them and everyone.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I told them but then they'd phone the school...

Shame on your parents..... they should have believed you and done something to help you.....

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Shame on your parents..... they should have...

They would always take the side of other adults over me, whether it be neighbours, relatives, school teachers etc. It made me afraid of anyone older because of what they might say to my parents.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “They would always take the side of other...

Again, that's a rotten shame. I always listened to my kids and to others as well and then made a decision. But my kids were never bullied, or at least they never told me they were.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Again, that's a rotten shame. I always...

I'm sure they would have said something if you had built up trust with them.

I asked mine years later why they didn't believe me, and my mom said that she lacked confidence and was naive and always was taught to listen to educated adults over children. The problem was there were a number of times in my childhood where I was expecting my mother to stand up for me or my siblings, and she would always cave in to even requests for an adult over the concerns of her children. For instance, once someone living in the street knocked on the door and accused me of vandalising his letter box. It was probably a case of mistaken identity but my mother didn't question him or listen to me, but I was caned by my father and forced to clean up his letter box. So I have always felt that when push came to shove, that I could never rely on her to be there for us. I grew up with serious trust issues with all adults so I have spent a lot of time trying to overcome that.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I'm sure they would have said something if...

I am shocked that a parent could do that. I'm sure you weren't a violent child, and she knew it, but chose to believe others. Sad.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I am shocked that a parent could do that...

No, I've never had a temper and mostly did what I was told. I just assumed that this is how it was for all kids until I was older.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “No, I've never had a temper and mostly did...

I think my mother might have acted the same as your mother.... she wouldn't have wanted to confront authority. Fortunately I never had occasion to find out.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I was never bullied in my teens..... however as a Freshman in HS with my older sister being a Senior and her and I having the same lunch period, she as a popular(loud/obnoxious) cheerleader for our HS, would try to embarrass me as well as my friends during lunch the first month of our Freshman year in HS. Eh she eventually backed off when she realized she was getting no reaction from me and only embarrassing herself during our lunch period while TRYING to embarrass me lol!
I will say though, that at the time it did bother me that my oldest sister was trying to "bully" me as a Freshman....but living with her/growing up with her I knew how her mind worked, therefore knowing that if you just ignore her and don't feed into her constant need for any kind of attention, she will eventually go away lol!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

Only one fat red headed girl bullied me. My mom got her taken out. Nobody missed that slob.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred