<b>There's no room for racism in life</b> - that's easy enough - just be careful what you say....<em>but it doesn't change who you really are if you are racist deep down inside.</em>

SukiesnowRoosterCarlaTiffaneeSunny_the_skepticBubgoblue1968Will_JanitorPartyOfOneTrishMasha

ASPD

TiffaneeWill_JanitorSukiesnowazlottoCarlaRoosterBub
There's no room for racism in life - that's easy enough - just be careful what you say....but it doesn't change who you really are if you are racist deep down inside.

Explained by Sukiesnow...

It's bad racism happened...now we are spending lifetimes getting over it... But how do you change if you are deep down a racist - how do you change what has been true for you growing up - I'm talking about Black & White racism, for the most part. Paula Dean was brought up in the South - while she was silly enough to say the N word...can you ever really change something that was true for you for most of your life?

Education is the path to change. Only a person who chooses to remain ignorant is incapable of change.

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

Very true! No, some people I know say they aren't racist till they get mad and the words slop out of their mouths. I don't have time for racism. It's ugly!

Rooster Rooster

The people that yell and scream I am not racist, usually are. You touch a nerve and they react.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Why change it? No matter what I say or do, I'm still a racist because of the color of my skin. The media and the liberals say so. If you are white, you are racist. So why fight it? Yes, I AM A RACIST!!

The irony is that the media and the liberals created this monster (hehe)

ASPD ASPD

ASPD's answer.

+ Seems being white automatically makes you a racist these days.

azlotto azlotto

In response to “ASPD's answer. + Seems being white...

Racism is everywhere, all races, all colors, all sides of the political spectrum. People who say otherwise are nutters.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Racism is everywhere, all races, all colors...

Tell that to the race card players.

ASPD ASPD

Yup. Remember Rwanda? Black on Black racism. Without googling, if I recall, it was the Hutus and the Tutsis?

Bub Bub

Yep. If you accept it, you're a racist. If you ignore it, you're a racist. If you treat everyone equally, you're a racist. If you bend over and grab your ankles, you're a racist.
So guess what?
I'm a racist. Hear hear!! They want it. They got it.

And they're still not happy. (hehe)

ASPD ASPD

It's not saying the word as much as the intent behind it. I can easily make a racist statement without using any racial slur and I can say the racial slur without having any racist intent. Avoiding racial slurs doesn't make you any better than others. Which sounds worse? " I think people of African decent should not be able to vote" or " Crackers, chinks, ****, spics we are all human"

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It's not saying the word as much as the...

Both sound horrible.

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

In response to “Both sound horrible.

Words only have the power that people bestow upon them

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Words only have the power that people bestow...

I agree.

And we, as a society, have bestowed the word "****" with much power because of what it has come to represent.

It is not just a slur bigots use to dehumanize black people. The word "****" has come to represent centuries of hatred and violence. It is inexorably linked with slavery, whips and leg irons, lynching, Jim Crow, burning crosses, segregation, etc... all the evil and immoral things inflicted upon a group of people simply because of the color of their skin.

Now I certainly think your right when you speak about intent. Surely one can be a racist without ever using a racial slur. However words do matter. The people who use slurs like "**" (or kike or or spic or **, etc...) know that, which is exactly why they use them. We know it also, which is why intelligent and civilized people find them so repellent.

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

In response to “I agree. And we, as a society, have...

Exactly, I don't think we should fear words themselves, this way we give them power over us, racism isn't something one does with words, it comes from the inside in how they talk, how they view people of other races.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

Fake it til you make it.

DWF DWF

I am a bit... and I have no idea where it comes from, either :(

Bub Bub

I have witnessed an evolution of the populace's definition of the term "racist" during the course of my lifetime. When I was growing up during the '50s it was a pretty clearly understood term. But nowadays, some sixty years later, the word is overused to label anybody who may disagree with anything a person of color may say, even if it is only an opinion about something that is happening in current events of the day.

goblue1968 goblue1968

Playing the game in public just requires a little discipline. What you feel in your heart is what really counts and in reallity, you are the only person that knows.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor