When someone shares their innermost thoughts with you, do you consider it a gift or do you think "why the hell are you telling me this?"

PhilboydStudgedoctorwho1011TiffaneeOzSurferAdaWill_JanitorPartyOfOneprimeiroRoosterBubSynysterGatesDar

It really depends on the person and the connection I have with them.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Very easy to differentiate.

When someone close to you shares such details of their life you're supporting and understanding.

But when some needy mofo that you don't even know very well discusses their personal details and you don't even want to know, not only you say "why the hell are you telling me this" but you're also disgusted and repulsed by this person and you don't want to have anything to do with them and think " oh, it's that weirdo again" when you see them.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Like the time a woman came into my office and declared her Fallopian tubes were congested. I had to double-check. Luckily she meant her bronchial tubes were congested. I'm not sure whether the others can get congested, and truthfully, I don't want to know.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

To me? It depends on the person and how well I know them. I'll always listen to what they say but depending on how well I know them also depends on the answer I'll give them. Some people just need to get things out of their system and if I can help? I will.

Rooster Rooster

If it's a stranger telling me their thoughts, I wonder about their mental stability. But I feel honored when a friend feels comfortable enough with me to reveal their thoughts. I will listen and if they want advice, I'm there for them!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

This is just plain old oversharing:

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “This is just plain old oversharing:...

hahaha where do you find those graphics..... they crack me up. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “hahaha where do you find those...

Usually on Giphy. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I rarely, rarely open up so why would someone reveal themselves to me?

Bub Bub

If someone wants to share their inner thoughts with me, it's probably because they trust me, so I will listen and provide some advice. But i certainly won't be sharing my inner thoughts with anyone other than immediate family.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Wow, overwhelmingly "sharing feelings = mental instability".......

Such tolerance and compassion being shown.

AliceD AliceD

It depends on what I'm being told.

Brianl Brianl

Depends on the person and the situation.

Dar Dar

More a gift of trust - that revelation usually isn't shared lightly.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

I consider it private and I don't judge and I certainly don't question why they are telling me because that would mean I don't care...but I do

Jaxxi Jaxxi