I've noticed some rather disturbing posts on Amirite lately, some advocating violence and killing, no matter if the victims are innocent or not......................................   Some people will read those types of posts and think violence is OK and act on their desire to maim or kill others............................   I don't believe those hateful posts should be allowed on any social media site. We need to stop the violence, not advocate it on a social media site....<strong>Amirite?</strong>

Piper2Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeStarzAboveOzSurferWill_JanitorRoosterBubSweetnLowSynysterGates
I've noticed some rather disturbing posts on Amirite lately, some advocating violence and killing, no matter if the victims are innocent or not...................................... Some people will read those types of posts and think violence is OK and act on their desire to maim or kill others............................ I don't believe those hateful posts should be allowed on any social media site. We need to stop the violence, not advocate it on a social media site....Amirite?

Anyone who make posts that are inciting violence need therapy. Having the thoughts is bad enough. Posting those thoughts on any website is damn disturbing.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Anyone who make posts that are inciting...

Yes it is. Someone that is so angry they even think of killing others, has some major problems. And sooner or later they will act on it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Violence has no place on the Internet ..it's a waste of time as nothing can come from it..

JD JD

In response to “Violence has no place on the Internet ..it's...

I agree, JD, we never know the state of mind of some individuals.....

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

It was probably a "heat of the moment" thing, but it still should be taken down. It's not smart or rational.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It was probably a "heat of the...

The only way it will be gone is enough people report it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

The internet is full of tough guys, ex marines, Vietnam Vets, MMA experts, has beens, and used to be's. I just (hehe)
But I agree with the post.

SweetnLow SweetnLow

In response to “The internet is full of tough guys, ex...

Don't forget kickboxing city champions, the title holder. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I hope you flag it then.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

There are little flags on each post that any user can use to report something they believe shouldn't be there. Moderators aren't logged on every minute. You can help by reporting bad posts!
Do it for yourself.
Do it for your fellow Amiriters!
Do it for your country!
Do it .. you get the idea.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “There are little flags on each post that any...

I did report it Bud, shall I report it to you as well.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I did report it Bud, shall I report it to you...

No, not necessary. When reports are made, a special alert shows up on the moderator's pages. Moderators are encouraged to respond to them quickly. In as much as there are currently no Alerts active, someone must have responded and taken what they felt was appropriate action.

If the post or comment still remains, then apparently the moderator that responded didn't recognize the offense you were concerned about and the alert was simply cancelled.

Since this is obviously still a concern, I suppose taking it to another level might be appropriate. By that I mean send a PM to myself, Vic or Ser along with a sentence or two describing your concern and a link to the offending post.

Free speech has always been a hot button here on Amirite, but maintaining a sense of decency is very important too. Keeping this place tidy and comfortable for all users is VERY important as well as protecting everyone's 1st amendment rights. It's a balancing act - that's for sure.

I hope that helps, and if you want to discuss it more, privately, by all means send me a PM.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “No, not necessary. When reports are made, a...

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I think some people have a hard time transferring their anger to words. You can't go around saying you're going to kill people.

On the other hand ... you can't go around and say you want to blow up the white house or kill the President.

Violence isn't tolerated on here, even saying "I'll put you in a wheel chair" (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I think some people have a hard time...

Your comment about the wheel chair was lame compared to what the killing post was about.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Your comment about the wheel chair was lame...

Exactly!!! A suspension followed right after.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Exactly!!! A suspension followed right after.

I know, and that was just one comment, the other is a post with lots of hateful/killing comments on it and nothing is done

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

While I agree that posts and comments actually advocating violence towards people or animals are disturbing, I do think the discussions that often ensue in response, are sometimes more productive than deleting them.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “While I agree that posts and comments...

They can be, but they can also be the cause of some nutcase going out and shooting up the town because of what was said on those types of posts. My opinion only.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “They can be, but they can also be the cause...

I can't and do not disagree, that not only has that happened, it probably will again....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I can't and do not disagree, that not only...

Yes it will....too many people in this world that want to kill us.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

depends on the age of the commenters

tugruk