BEWARE:  I just received a telephone call saying it was the IRS and I was being audited.   Told me if I didn't call a certain number right away, I would be arrested and jailed.      lol   lol   If I'm absent for a few day you'll know where I am.   lol   lol

VicZincPiper2Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeBudwickStarzAboveWill_JanitorRoosterBubSynysterGates
BEWARE: I just received a telephone call saying it was the IRS and I was being audited. Told me if I didn't call a certain number right away, I would be arrested and jailed. lol lol If I'm absent for a few day you'll know where I am. lol lol

Explained by StarzAbove...

Have you been scammed lately?

They are priceless when they sound like Osama Bin Laden and call themselves "Dave".

Budwick Budwick

Budwick Budwick

In response to “They are priceless when they sound like Osama...

lol I've not had that happen yet. I did have a scam about a year ago, that I almost fell for.... but thankfully I asked him a personal question that only my nephew would know. And he couldn't answer it. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

We get it here, except it's Canada Revenue Agency. If they call I'll tell them I won 60 million dollars and I'm planning on paying zero taxes. They can't touch me becasue I'm in Samoa a no extradition country.(maniac)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “We get it here, except it's Canada Revenue...

Good thinking. lol I just hang up. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “http://www.9buz.com/content/uploads/images/Augu...

It's always Nigeria, isn't it? lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

It is a scam. The IRS never contact anyone via the phone. Just hang up.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “It is a scam. The IRS never contact anyone...

Of course it's a scam. I just hung up, didn't say one word. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Of course it's a scam. I just hung up...

There is a police scam going around too when they say you have outstanding fines but you can avoid jail time if you just pay up now. lol.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “There is a police scam going around too when...

Geez..... thanks, I'll watch out for that. I have no outstanding fines at all, and even when we get calls from the police wanting money, we always say no. We never know if it's for real or not.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

It's those online anti Trump posts. Trump's out to get you. lol

Bookyanka Bookyanka

In response to “It's those online anti Trump posts. Trump's...

This is about telephone scams, not scams by the president, although there are plenty. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

We get phone calls saying they are from our internet supplier and they tell us our computers are being attacked by viruses and they want us to switch on our computers and they will help us get rid of them....I hang up then....but they must get enough info to get into our accounts...

JD JD

In response to “We get phone calls saying they are from our...

I get emails like that, and it scares me, they want me to click into their link and they will get rid of the virus for $100 or more. I delete it, and then run my virus check.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I get emails like that, and it scares me...

When my genuine supplier rings, they have a voice recognition system ...so I know they are scammers...

JD JD

There is a Microsoft scam like that too. They claim your PC has a virus and you must download a patch to fix it. What they make you download is a Trojan that steals your info.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “There is a Microsoft scam like that too. They...

Wow, I almost fell for that one a few years ago.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I've received at least one of those calls, too. My "case" was soon going to federal court, and if I did call them back and resolve it right away I'd be arrested and in jail....(goo)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I've received at least one of those calls...

They'll try anything to scare us, won't they? And some elderly people will fall for it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “They'll try anything to scare us, won't...

(*If I did NOT call them back) (redface)

Yes, and there are SO many of those scams. I know someone who fell for the "grandson in trouble, needs money wired" one.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “(*If I did NOT call them back)...

I had that happen to me only it was about my nephew. I fell for it at first, because it sounded just like my nephew. Said he was in jail and needed me to send some money to bail him out. He then had me talk to another guy, who was supposed to be a lawyer. I asked him why didn't he ask his Dad for the money, said he didn't want his parents to know about it. I then asked him where he went to college...lol lol That's where I caught him, he had no idea. lol The jerk hung up. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I had that happen to me only it was about my...

That's pretty much exactly the same scenario that happened to someone else I know, except that she actually went and wired money, twice. It was a couple thousand dollars, at least.
I'm not sure why she chose to tell me about it, since we don't get along very well. I felt bad for her though, and kept her confidence. She was embarrassed about being so gullible.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “That's pretty much exactly the same...

I guess when it's a grandson in trouble, people will do just about anything.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I guess when it's a grandson in trouble...

So it seems. Too bad it wasn't one of her two grandsons this time, and that she didn't think before sending a scammer thousands of dollars.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “So it seems. Too bad it wasn't one of her two...

When it comes to someone asking me for money, all the red flags go up.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I've had several of those. It's difficult to nail them because they change phone numbers so frequently. (crs)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

But Wait! If you call in the next ten minutes? We'll double the offer as soon as you give us your bank account number! Don't get arrested! Just give us everything you have and we'll have it shipped to Pakistan for free! That's right, free shipping along with your credit cards!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “But Wait! If you call in the next ten...

I guess they try to scam all of us. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I guess they try to scam all of us. lol

Yes they do!

Rooster Rooster

I'd send the local PD that number and pay em a little visit

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I'd send the local PD that number and pay em...

I don't have caller ID so there is no way I knew their number, I feel sure that they don't use the same number all the time.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP