<b><em>Threatening</em> NK...now is that a good idea?</b>

PhilboydStudgeVicZincPiper2Darkest_Serenitydru18DandyDonSukiesnowMazeZonkeyBallsRoosterBub
Threatening NK...now is that a good idea?

Finland could destroy NK, if we had the interest to do so.

We have all of the tech. Being just five point four million (give or take a hundred thousand citizens) strong, we still have all of the NATO tech to support us. NK has no change against even the smallest countries in the world. And they bloody well know it. Loudmouth Kim.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Don't threaten them, let them send missiles to where they want and wipe out millions of people.....good thinking

JD JD

Nothing changes over the years.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

No, but look who it is coming from.

dru18 dru18

No. I don't think those kind of threats , like decimating an entire country kind, are a good idea. Never, but certainly not when speaking before the "United Nations" for the first time.

Piper2 Piper2

Is it a good idea for NK to make threats?

Mess with the bull... and you'll get the horns..

If he doesn't learn to keep his stupid pie hole shut..
He soon won't have a hole to shove pie in..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Is it a good idea for NK to make...

Haven't you ever taken the high road Dandy? Especially when you know you can....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Haven't you ever taken the high road Dandy?...

I do..but sometimes it gets tiresome to keep taking the high road time after time..it starts making you look like a chump.

Previous politicians keep giving this idiot money, when he throws these tantrums, thinking they can shut him up and he'll play nice..

His army is an ant hill, compared to ours..

Let him keep running his stupid mouth, i'm pretty sure he's starting to see his bluffs aren't going to work so easy now.

I'm not the least bit worried about that idiot..

He'd much rather be living like a king, controlling his slaves...instead of laying in a pine box..

Nothing but a spoiled brat, trying to get more handouts.
He'll get something he doesn't want..

DandyDon DandyDon

After what Trump said if I was Kim I would launch an attack on America.You simply can't say you are going to destroy an entire country.If he said that about Britain we would strike first.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “After what Trump said if I was Kim I would...

Trump is literally begging for a war with his comments.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary." -Trump

Maze Maze

In response to “"The United States has great strength and...

Maze: what does "rocket man" mean?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Maze: what does "rocket man" mean?

Sukie: "rocket man" is a reference to the fact North Korea keeps flying rockets over South Korea and Japan.

Maze Maze

In response to “Sukie: "rocket man" is a reference to...

Thank you. I kept thinking it was a reference to a song by Elton John...:)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

And what would be the result if you were Kim and launched an attack on the US? Britain is not NK, and Trump would never say that to Britain. If it was Russia saying that to Britain, I would bet Britain would not do a thing. (I like the UK, by the way, it's just that unless a country has the ability to carry out a threat, it's better to keep silent if you're on your own.)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Here's what Trump actually said, for the record:

"The scourge of our planet today is a small group of rogue regimes that violate every principle on which the United Nations is based. They respect neither their own citizens, nor the sovereign rights of other countries. If the righteous many do not confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph. When decent people and nations become bystanders to history, the forces of destruction only gather power and strength.

"No one has shown more contempt for other nations and for the wellbeing of their own people than the depraved regime in North Korea. It is responsible for the starvation deaths of millions of North Koreans, and for the killing, torture, imprisonment and oppression of countless more. We were all witness to the regime's deadly abuse when an innocent American college student, Otto Warmier was returned to America only to die a few days later. We saw it in the assassination of the dictator's brother using banned nerve agents in an international airport. We know it kidnapped a sweet 13 year old Japanese girl from a beach in her own country, to enslave her as a language tutor for North Korea's spies.

"If this is not twisted enough, now North Korea's reckless pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles threatens the entire world with unthinkable loss of human life. It is an outrage that some nations would not only trade with such a regime, but would arm, supply and financially support a country that imperils the world with nuclear conflict. No nation on earth has an interest in seeing this band of criminals arm itself with nuclear weapons and missiles.

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary. That's what the United Nations is all about, that's what the United Nations is for. Let's see how they do. It is time for North Korea to realize that denuclearization is its only acceptable future."

Maze Maze

In response to “Here's what Trump actually said, for the...

It's amazing how different the narrative becomes when you read "all" that was said, instead of believing what someone "tells" you what was said.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “It's amazing how different the narrative...

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard mainstream media accurately capture the gist of a Trump speech. The only way to know what he said is to see it for yourself.

Maze Maze

In response to “Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard...

One president calla a nutcase a nutcase and he is condemned for it. Another President claims he is a jelly donut and the press thinks it one of the most profound speeches of the 20th century.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

It's like children bickering, but those children have nukes

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It's like children bickering, but those...

The guidance systems are complete crap. They can't hit anything.

A nuke is only useful, when it hits something else than a random whale.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “The guidance systems are complete crap. They...

True, NK doesnt really have any sophisticated missiles, but still a cruel man child in charge of a country with big bro China is dangerous.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “True, NK doesnt really have any sophisticated...

China is the reason, why he is under control.

NK simply lacks the resources.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “China is the reason, why he is under...

I think even China has grown weary of that petulant child.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/59c599e5964...

Yeah, it seems like the whole political playing field is changing.

China doesn't want a war and Russia, although being a **** like always, really doesn't want a war. Trump's USA, well... As they put it in Star Trek, war is good for business...

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Yeah, it seems like the whole political...

I don't think many civilized people, anywhere actually want a war. What I want less than going to war with NK is another Perl Harbor on a massive scale.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I don't think many civilized people, anywhere...

Well... To be a **** about it, you did mess up with Pearl Harbor.

There was an early warning about the attack, but it got stuck on a desk somewhere and you were "surprised", when there wasn't any surprise. Just mail left unread.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Well... To be a **** about it, you did mess...

Yep. Someone thought it just wasn't that important at the time.
The signs are often there, if some would just look, and others would just listen.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Yep. Someone thought it just wasn't that...

One of the first things they taught us in the Academy was, that most tragedies in the military history are due to people not keeping track of things. I believe Pearl Harbor was on our very first lesson and they pointed out, that even the simplest mistake can have very serious consequences.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Wow. The US made a serious mistake. And to pay for their mistake they bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima....

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Wow. The US made a //serious// mistake. And...

No. The mistake was made by Japan, and I think they got off easy by just getting two cities nuked.

If Japan had won, Canadians would also be speaking Japanese or German today.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “No. The mistake was made by Japan, and I...

There are different ways of looking at it.

I doubt that.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “There are different ways of looking at it. I...

It would be the same as the other countries occupied by Japan, or Germany, during WWII.

JustJimColo JustJimColo