Mod Team
After watching some of the helicopter stunts on YouTube, in wondering... How the hell I'm still alive? That shit looks dangerous, from the ground up.

TiffaneeOzSurferAdaMazeRoosterSynysterGates

Helicopters make me nervous but I love flying in them but I have only done it twice in my lifetime.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Yeah, YouTube can definitely turn you off helicopters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK36tuHih7g

Maze Maze

In response to “Yeah, YouTube can definitely turn you off...

Okay. I just promised myself, that I will never fly again.

Half of the stuff... Had no idea, what the hell happened.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

In response to “Okay. I just promised myself, that I will...

Probably still safer than driving, but yeah, helicopters are kind of freaky.

Maze Maze

When I was a teen having flying lessons at the airport... there was a news chopper flying around, apparently the pilot was a vietnam vet and was having some fun, although probably illegal. Well I still can't believe what he did, but he looped the helicopter at about 150 ft. How is that even possible?

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “When I was a teen having flying lessons at...

Depends on the ratio between maximum rotor angle and the mass. A more massive something is - the more horrible it becomes. Big Chinooks fly like actual pigs - never flown one, since I don't have the licence, but I've been in them. Boy, are they horrifying.

EDIT: Most choppers do have enough power, but the climb ratio is not always a power related issue.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

In response to “Depends on the ratio between maximum rotor...

Ah ok, that makes sense then. The TV helicopter was small but looked pretty high performance. Yes the climb ratio makes sense, when the guy went into the loop he flew it similar to how you enter a loop in a plane.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I was assigned to a S.O.A.R. unit for nine years and we sure didn't have the equipment that we do today. How we flew at night and didn't crash is a miracle of some sort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJjaZQAdhA

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I was assigned to a S.O.A.R. unit for nine...

I hate Apaches.

Well, maybe not the actual ones. But the helicopters are... Well, I'd still choose Eurochopper over any variant. Then again, NH90... That one I like. I have license for that and Super Puma, which we use for rescuing people and hospital flights. Great choppers.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Helicopters make me nervous but I love flying...

Maybe I can make you feel like flying, baby.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls OP