This is very upsetting because I have loved football and the Pittsburgh Steelers for as long as I can remember. On Sunday, 9/24/17, the Steelers left Alejandro Villanueva as the only Steeler on the field with his hand on his heart. I hereby boycott football until politics are removed from it. The NFL is shameful and no longer worth my time. God bless our men and women in the United States military.

JerryHendricksonBudwickbeachbumHowlerThinkerbellhootowl

BubTiffanee

Darkest_SerenityBudwickThinkerbell

Explained by JerryHendrickson...

People are really pushing it. If this keeps up, we're all in big trouble. So many of us are completely fed up. Soldiers died for you ****; stand the **** up.

What's next? Black players ganging up to hurt white players that stand during the anthem? And then raising a fist in divisive triumph? A race war on the NFL fields?

These jag holes need to play their little game and shut the phuck up about their politics. Time and place dudes. If you have so much concern about the plight of the poor oppressed black race, then go into the community - on your own time and DO something about it! Spend some of your millions to help out your brutha. But never, NEVER forget the country that made your own success possible.

Budwick Budwick

The answer is simple-don't play the anthem before every game-this doesn't happen in most of the world (international matches and cup finals only in Britain).And stop linking your sports to the military.I cringe when the commentators have to make their compulsory statement in support of the military.Only happens over here around the time of rememberance Sunday.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

In response to “The answer is simple-don't play the anthem...

If the Anthem is involved, so is the military.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

The answer is simple-don't play the anthem
what sort of chicken-shit spineless action is that?

the Anthem was here before football
it will last longer then football

this should work out just fine ....rite?

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Don't play the anthem? That's your solution?

How about let's not acquiesce to the false narrative by the racially charged act of disrespect for America?

It was the NFL that hooked their wagons to the military. It's the NFL allowing this disrespect to occur.

Budwick Budwick

whatever **** people have of America
why you still here?

doesn't make sense to stay where one is not wanted rite?

lots of places to choose from
any place is better then America rite?

you American selfhaters
leave just **** leave

think you are going to turn this place into something it was never ment to be. think again

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Budwick Budwick

Not playing the anthem is not the solution. One solution is to play the anthem before ANY of the players come out on the field. While the players may not think it is disrespectful to take a knee, it is and if you can't support the country that gave you the opportunity to earn millions of dollars to play a kids' game, then stay in the locker room. Better yet - move to a country you think will treat you more equally and still provide the opportunity for you to be a millionaire. I dare you.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Not playing the anthem is not the solution...

I doubt that any of these overpaid hypocrite athletes will take up your dare, Lin.

They're having much too much fun here (including too many of them abusing women).

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

What Linnster said. Shut up or leave.

beachbum beachbum

I'm surprised one or more of the Amirite liberals haven't come on this post to remind us that these players should be allowed freedom of expression, although I didn't hear any liberals complain when the NFL management did not permit freedom of expression by the Dallas Cowboys.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.co...-helmets-games

And of course it works two ways. Anyone who disapproves of the mode of expression chosen by the players in question is free to not watch NFL games, like Jerry.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I'm surprised one or more of the Amirite...

I wonder if they stood for the anthem yesterday.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

Sports is not the time or place to protest.

hootowl hootowl