Mod Team
To throw away cheese because it is moldy is the height of hypocrisy. You must not understand what cheese is.

VicZincRoosterSukiesnowBudwickSynysterGatesWill_JanitorTiffaneeCarlaPiper2TheCensoredBritMetal_god14PartyOfOneBub

ThedudeyouhatetomeetTrishThinkerbell

doctorwho1011Piper2Darkest_SerenityTiffaneeBudwickWill_JanitorSukiesnowThinkerbellCarlaRoosterSynysterGates

Mold generally can't penetrate far into hard and semisoft cheeses, such as cheddar, Colby, Parmesan and Swiss. So you can cut away the moldy part and eat the rest of the cheese. ... In fact, some types of mold are used to make cheeses, such as Brie and Camembert. These molds are safe to eat.

Rooster Rooster

I just threw away some cottage cheese that was moldy, no way will I eat moldy cheese or anything moldy.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

bacterially fermented milk

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Rooster Rooster

Who would have thought that the topic we agree on would be moldy cheese?
I admire your perseverance Vic!

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Who would have thought that the topic we...

No two people can be at odds over EVERY subject. :)

Linnster Linnster

Why stop at moldy cheese? How about rotten milk? By this logic, cheese is nothing more than rotten milk. Ignore the foul smell, chow down!

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

In response to “Why stop at moldy cheese? How about rotten...

You can have soured, curdled, spoiled, or rotten depending on what the bacteria goes after. All are different results. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I agree in the case of most cheeses.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I understand full well what cheese is. One of the many reasons why I find it disgusting.

Logan Logan

Mmmm.
Cheese:]

Carla Carla

We love cheese and it never lasts long enough to go moldy...but I know you can cut any mold off cheese...

JD JD

Ignorance to be sure..."hypocrisy" is a bit of a stretch, though.

Bozette Bozette

I have a general sort of idea of how cheese is made, although I've never made it myself. I just pick or cut the mold off, when that happens. If there is too much mold on anything to cut or 'pick' off , I go ahead trash it.

I'm supposedly allergic to penicillin, and all. (a)

Piper2 Piper2

Its probably the only foodstuff I will accept with mold on

TheCensoredBrit TheCensoredBrit

You're right: I don't understand what cheese so help me with that.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “You're right: I don't understand what cheese...

(hehe) short version (google it for more (hmm)) It starts as milk,
then you add 'stuff' like the juice from a calf's stomach, to get it to congeal. (clap)

Then add mold spores, bacteria (jolly) (or in some cases insects e.g., flies or mites (o_o)) etc. to get the flavor, color, style you like. (hello)

Then you put it in a cave or cellar and let it sit around for weeks, months, even years - occasionally scraping off molds or other crusts that form (puke) (depending on the style you are making). Sometimes you wash it once in a while.(xp)

Eventually you eat it. (yum)

VicZinc VicZinc OP

"...height of hypocrisy", Vic?

There you go again, with your unthinking hyperbole.

The mold might be ok, if it doesn't affect the taste, but you overlooked an important factor (as is your frequent habit): the ingredients used in cheese making are carefully chosen; just any old mold that might grow by chance is not likely to help the flavor. It's the same with wine... I'd be happy to share a bottle of good wine with you, but not one that has turned into vinegar. (wary)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “"...height of hypocrisy", Vic? There...

Perhaps what you fail to realize here (or perhaps you do - and that explains why you never post).

The goal in this MORPG is to garner votes and comment. Hyperbole is but one of the techniques we use. A post that does not excite a response - negative or positive - is a mere waste of time, if one enjoys this game.

So thank you for you comment, now may a also have a vote?

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Perhaps what you fail to realize here (or...

I've made only two posts because I don't have the kind of time needed to play this game, answering all the comments that might be made in response.

http://www.amirite.com/798587-h...ving-been-born

http://www.amirite.com/806361-d...dance-la-volta

And I think interesting posts can be made, without resorting to absurdities.

And you are welcome; sure, you can have a vote. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I've made only two posts because I don't have...

Yes they can. Different strategies.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YeVOFhIeEI

Very entertaining, You look great in that hat.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Very entertaining, You look great in that hat.

Thank you.

I wear it a lot lately. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell