Eagerness in the pursuit of wealth cannot exist without sin.

ErasmusB_FurmanSmallTiffaneeVicZincWill_JanitorSunny_the_skepticPhilboydStudgeDWFTrishBubMasha

Brianl

TiffaneeWill_JanitorCarlaBub

It happens a lot where the eagerness sends someone to the dark/immoral side of things, but there are people that are eager yet self-controlled and principled in their efforts.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Sin is for the most part is a myth. It is subjective and just a convenient word that the most narrow-minded of hypocritical Christians like to use.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Sin is for the most part is a myth. It is...

I think sin is used in quite a few other religions with just as much verve if not more. But I get your point.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Greed is not always the driving force behind drive.

Carla Carla

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It happens a lot where the eagerness sends...

I'm of the mindset that the pursuit of and the obtainment of wealth only reveals who you really already are.

I have known and or met people who barely had two nickels to rub together and you couldn't trust them as far as you could throw them.

By the same token I have been around some very wealthy people who'd give you the shirt off there back to help you. And didn't get their money by cheating anyone.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “I'm of the mindset that the pursuit of and...

I too. But it seemed to me the scoundrels were always eager to gain another penny, and the Samaritans, although rich, did not pursue every nickel with abject avarice.

ErasmusB_FurmanSmall ErasmusB_FurmanSmall OP

A lot of compromises in regards of fairness and ethics are usually made by those who chase money

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

You know everyone believes that being wealthy is bad, until they get a huge inheritence or win the lottery.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “You know everyone believes that being wealthy...

It is not riches that lead to sin, it is the unyielding pursuit of riches.

See I disagree with that notion simply people have "unyielding pursuits of may things in life.

I for one am pursuing a writing career. But my single minded focus of that hasn't made me sin.

And riches can and do lead to sin/bad behavior. Like I stated earlier. Having wealth will often times reveal who you already are in side, good or bad.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “See I disagree with that notion simply people...

If your focus was so single minded that you failed to care for you family, that you disregarded your civic and moral duties, then perhaps you would agree?

In response to “If your focus was so single minded that you...

Yes I would agree that if you do anything takes over your life to the exclusion of all else then yes that is bad.

It's bad for you and anyone who has to deal with you on a daily basis.

Brianl Brianl