You have a favorite quote or two but do you also have a favorite speech?

Explained by Bub...

If a eulogy can be considered a speech then Ted Kennedy's at Bobby's funeral mass is mine. I am going to read everyone's submitted speech. It may take some time but it should be worth it :)

On January 20, 1961, President John F. Kennedy delivered his inaugural address in which he announced that "we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty."
Kennedy wrote his thoughts in his nearly indecipherable longhand on a yellow legal pad. The climax of the speech and its most memorable phrase, “Ask not what your country can
do for you—ask what you can do for your country,” was honed down from a thought about sacrifice that Kennedy had long held in his mind and had expressed in various ways in campaign speeches.

Rooster Rooster

I am partial to William Jennings Bryan's "Cross of Gold" speech.

Churchill's "We shall fight on the beaches" speech is an honorable mention.

But my all time favorite is Cicero's "Second Catilinarian Oration".
What a genius. (Here's a great translation: http://www.u.arizona.edu/~afutr...ndcatilin.html )

VicZinc VicZinc

This country, i believe, would be a much better place, if only.........

My memory for speeches is poor. Likely because i didnt pay enough attention.
But, i do recall that i liked what jimmy carter had to say. I voted for him in 1980. Too young in 76.

Carla Carla

I have two favorite quotes, one from a video game " The trouble with wanting something is the fear of losing it, or never getting it. The thought makes you weak.
The other one is by Einstein
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Rooster Rooster

In response to “On January 20, 1961, President John F...

Here we are: "U.S. author (and MSNBC host) Chris Matthews makes the claim in Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero. He unearthed notes written by George St John, the President’s former headmaster at Choate School in Connecticut, which suggest he had been aware of the 'ask not' line for many years."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news...eadmaster.html

Bub Bub OP

I'll have to think about my favorite speech, but this is by far my favorite eulogy..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CkxCHybM6Ek

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O...E?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I know it's well worn, but I still love Dr. King's dream speech.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

and then there's General George Armstrong Custer....."take no prisoners"

Freeranger Freeranger

none of which would include invoke a fekkin' Kennedy bro. They were a nest of pervs.

Freeranger Freeranger