So , this Left wing , Right wing kind of discussion is pretty much happening on all Social network sites , as well as the fun stuff. To all Liberals and Conservatives and Moderates ;)  you have your Freedom of Speech here (within reason of course) so take full advantage of this and just because the opposition makes an opinion , don't feel that you have to be Silenced into submission. If you have an opinion , voice it. Same applies to the few that have me blocked ,if you happen upon this post.

I think............

Tiffaneegoblue1968DandyDonSofiaBrianl

VicZincPiper2TiffaneeStarzAboveDandyDonSofiaSukiesnowRoosterBub
So , this Left wing , Right wing kind of discussion is pretty much happening on all Social network sites , as well as the fun stuff. To all Liberals and Conservatives and Moderates ;) you have your Freedom of Speech here (within reason of course) so take full advantage of this and just because the opposition makes an opinion , don't feel that you have to be Silenced into submission. If you have an opinion , voice it. Same applies to the few that have me blocked ,if you happen upon this post.

Explained by Darkest_Serenity...

Yes I'm making another Political post but it's for the Left and the Right. Left bait the Right and the Right bait the Left .....that's **** Politic's World wide for you. I'm not here to argue with you Politically on this post btw because I remain impartial. I think we have to accept that Amirite has become quite Political , no matter how it was before but all your opinions keep this site pumping. (even if sometime's it feels like it's on Life support) I feel it too sometime's and I get a little Sad because we found a little nugget when we found this site and I think sometime's we forget that.

I guess I'm just going to sit in my corner then.

jk xD Moderates FTW!!!

Sofia Sofia

I don't know what to say.....

Hurrah for the Left and Right.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

You got that right..."On social network sites".

In my everyday real life?..

Eh...Not so much, i find better things to talk about with others and no one else seems to want to bring the subject of politics up..

DandyDon DandyDon

This is the only social web site I'm on, so I have no idea what's going on other sites.

I think most people know my political views. We have a president who is a moron, even his Secretary of State has said that, he has no idea how to be a president, he has done nothing for our country except create chaos and disruption not only in the States but the entire world. Every day he creates another crisis. His staff has said he's like a pressure cooker, ready to explode at any minute....and that nutcase has the nuclear codes. No wonder we are all worried about what he will do next.

No need to reply.....I gave an opinion, and I won't argue about it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “This is the only social web site I'm on, so I...

I don't mind political posts. Beats **** quizzes. (hehe)

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I don't mind political posts. Beats ****...

I take some of those quizzes but I think most of them are ****.

Rooster Rooster

Sounds fair to me.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

As our country becomes more divided, so do the people. The silent majority, who are "Conservative AND Liberal" is finally coming to the realization that sitting on the fence quietly is no longer a viable option.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

difference is a conservative opinion allows for liberals to live their lives freely, a liberals opinion demands conservatives to bow to their believes

sh9683 sh9683

I'm sorry but I have my own views on this subject and prefer to keep them to myself. I won't get involved in politics nor religion.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I'm sorry but I have my own views on this...

Yep...i don't care if everyone or no one agrees with me..

DandyDon DandyDon

This place is really tame when it comes to politics. You want to see on going fights, name calling, threats, blocking etc .. go on a few Facebook groups ... all ex sodaheads.

Most here wouldn't last 5 minutes, especially the ones that block continuously.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “This place is really tame when it comes to...

I don't get anything from partaking in drama..it does nothing for me....
Like fake blood in a horror movie..

That's why this is the only social media site i use..

It's enough for me, when i'm having coffee or taking a break.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I don't get anything from partaking in...

I'm not in those groups, that's for sure. I stop in on FB, post some songs in a Music group and get the hell out of there.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I tried several times to listen to the attached video but even though my speakers were turned up all the way, no audio was being transmitted, only video. It looks like it might be an interesting conversation if only I could hear it. I don't want to be silienced, but apparently the poster of this video wants it to be silenced.

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “I tried several times to listen to the...

https://youtu.be/FCQyhcKIK9Q

is it still muted Goblue ?
if you click on CC you will get the subtitles up if it is silent.

it is interesting and struck a chord with me.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “https://youtu.be/FCQyhcKIK9Q is it still...

I tried to listen to this again using the CC hot button, but then it didn't show the video simultaneously. But thank you for the YouTube reference link because I used that and the video was played there without any difficulty. This was an amusing video, so now I can comment on it since I was able to finally watch it.

goblue1968 goblue1968

jk xD Moderates FTW!!!

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I guess I'm just going to sit in my corner...

And life will go on for you...just like for everyone else.

Except you're not getting all worked up for nothing

(y)(y)

DandyDon DandyDon

Freedom of speech allowed within reason on here that's **, when we say whats on our minds people get their feelings hurt and run to mods who then in turn send private messages warning us. This is being a total hypocrite at its finest. I don't care what I say and if someones wittle feelings get hurt that, don't tell us we have a right...** that! I do not want to see a message stating a warning after this because I have absolutely no problem going elsewhere, block me I don't care, banned me I don't care, I am not here to please anyone or to make anyone happy, I say it like it is......

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “Freedom of speech allowed within reason on...

Calm down Symply no ones going to report you for venting and ya chose the right post to do it on ......my post.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “Calm down Symply no ones going to report you...

That's a first, what about the next time or the time after that

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “That's a first, what about the next time or...

when is the last time you were flagged , well over 6 months back , maybe more.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “when is the last time you were flagged , well...

looks like I'm due then

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “looks like I'm due then

oh you are spoiling for a row ain't ya
you're not going to get one
you're fine

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

In response to “oh you are spoiling for a row ain't ya...

I don't go looking for anything...there is a time and place for everything and now isn't the time

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “I don't go looking for anything...there is a...

ok (nme) fair enough
you take care IAC

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity OP

its not right vs left

how about RIGHT vs WRONG
pick a topic, any topic

guns?
jim jones killed 918 people with Kool-Aid

won't stop the steady drum beat of **** gun control

how about ****?
anything an everything

food?
Top L.A. Vegan Restaurant Owners Receiving Death Threats for Slaughtering Animals

ohh this is rich

the left screams tolerance
I have none left

**** the left & their 2 faced hypocrisy

OMfG trump said
grab them by the pussy

how about some M&M https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunHybOKIjU

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

hey EMINEM

** you you ** piece of shit

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

The point of this post? That we are as divided in politics as we were on SH? No, MM is right, you all would not last on FB.

dru18 dru18

Amirite is like riding a bus but the only other passengers are crazy people who talk outloud to themselves....(wary)

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I have often wondered exactly when the categorization of peoples opinions came about. This did not exist back when the country was founded. In fact
George Washington didn't want there to be political parties at all.

Looking at what has happened to us since then I'd say that Washington was correct in his desire.

The adoption of political parties has done nothing but divide us all.

President Lincoln correctly stated that a House divided cannot stand. We are on the path of self destruction now.

The only way off is to recognize that you can have a different opinion but you don't have to become bitter enemies over it.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “I have often wondered exactly when the...

In response to your wondering "when the categorization of peoples opinions came about", I seem to remember reading that it even existed when the country was founded. When the Founders were trying to write the Constitution and get all the "states" to agree on the wording, there were two primary opposing groups called the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists. So fast forward to modern times and now we use the words Left instead of Federalist and Right instead of Anti-Federalist.

goblue1968 goblue1968

In response to “In response to your wondering "when the...

And also add to the mix: when did the dominance of the media on the Left side take place? There is no question about the fact that modern TV, news reporting both on TV and in print media (newspapers, magazines) is dominated by the Left.

I am old enough to remember watching TV news in the '60s and it was dominated by the Left. We had Uncle Walter Cronkite and cousins Chet Huntley and David Brinkley on TV to tell us what to think about the news every night (and you were considered to be nut jobs if you didn't agree with them). Out version of Donald Trump back then was when Barry Goldwater was the Republican candidate in the '64 Presidential election.

goblue1968 goblue1968