Lil_PrincessPiper2TiffaneeBudwickStarzAboveBozetteWill_JanitorZonkeyBalls
Darn it! Ever get blocked by someone you never debated with, but really would have loved to? Just happened to me. I assume they want an audience of only those that will agree with them. Makes posting here not so interesting. No wonder the site gets so dull.

Explained by Random_Thoughts...

Yawn.

There will never be a day that I simply agree with someone just because that is what they want.

Love me or hate me but at the end of the day I will always be me.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “There will never be a day that I simply agree...

Haven't seen you lately... Nice to see you're back and well.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Haven't seen you lately... Nice to see you're...

Thank ya kindly. I am here & there on here. Working about a 100 hours a week right now.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Thank ya kindly. I am here & there on...

Oh, that little?!
You should go for 480 hours a week.
That would be impressive!

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Oh, that little?! You should go for 480 hours...

I know right...what a slacker I am

(shh) don't give my boss any ideas...if he could manage to get me to work that he would

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Yes, its happened to me and probably by the same person that blocked you. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Yes, its happened to me and probably by the...

I sense it's another one that just wants and audience; not an honest dialogue. Too bad.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “I sense it's another one that just wants and...

(1), they do it for attention, but on here, no one gives them that attention, (2), they are afraid of anyone who will disagree with them because they don't know enough to debate with intelligent people.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Yeah, there's a small handful that have blocked me too. We are often on opposite sides of issues - which could make for lively debate. But, I think they aren't as interested in debate as they are having their egos stroked.

Not to worry Random - there are lot's of opinions here on Amirite. And there are plenty of people of all kinds with a variety of opinions. I'm finding that as time passes everyone else is more and more willing to engage in conversation.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Yeah, there's a small handful that have...

Even we get along pretty well, although we sometimes scratch our shields. No Guns, no Troopers.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “Even we get along pretty well, although we...

"scratch our shields" - I like that! Yes, indeed. Thanks for the backup Zonk!

Budwick Budwick

You are always fair with me Budwick. We disagree on a lot of political things, but you stay engaged and give an honest debate.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “You are always fair with me Budwick. We...

Right back at ya Random! I know we've gone a few rounds, but it never got ugly, and respect for one another remained.

Interesting side bar - I looked at your profile and you say you are progressive. I say I'm conservative. Yet, we seem to agree more than disagree when you look at the little compatibility thingy.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Right back at ya Random! I know we've gone a...

That is the bases of an intelligent debate. Have a few rounds and then find where you can agree.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “That is the bases of an intelligent debate...

Now, if we can get the rest of the world to be more like you and me (but mostly me) - problem solved!
(hehe)(jolly)(maniac)

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Now, if we can get the rest of the world to...

You're OK Budwick. At least you argue with facts as you know them.

Random_Thoughts OP

That is one way of never losing a debate. Just block all of those that may disagree with you. Then you can make back-stabbing comments about those people you have blocked. Sounds familiar huh.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “That is one way of never losing a debate...

Sounds very familiar, especially when they make comments about someone's cleavage. But that's jealousy coming from someone who has none....you think? lol lol

I'm sure that would get very lonely, talking to oneself all the time.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Sounds very familiar, especially when they...

You can always send me a picture of your cleavage, if you want... I won't judge.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Yes it is, and from an ugly person.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Yes it is, and from an ugly person.

More like a very empty one.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “More like a very empty one.

For sure.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I saw something the other day and had to put this post up. I think someone is very insecure with intelligent, attractive women speaking their mind. The clue is when they talk about cleavage as their argument. They need to ask themselves if their own actions are in keeping with that call for more Christian like posts here.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “I saw something the other day and had to put...

Yeah usually when they can't win they will make a comment over photos, looks, cleavage etc. That is all part of their bullying tactics. It doesn't bother me. It just shows they spend a lot of time looking at my photos. (hehe)

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Yeah usually when they can't win they will...

Very bully like! The personal attacks are uncalled for. I was told once that I couldn't talk about someone in an implication because they had ME blocked! Actually, I was accused of being the blocker until the truth came out and they were banned. Well, that rule should apply to the latest since it's obvious she uses religion to make personal attacks that can't be answered. I would gladly take her on and ask her exactly what she means by her posts.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Very bully like! The personal attacks are...

It shows an gigantic lack of self-esteem on their part and a desperate need for attention.

She blocked me before I was even aware she was on the site. Classic troll behavior.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “It shows an gigantic lack of self-esteem on...

Hope she blocks enough of us to get bored and move on.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Hope she blocks enough of us to get bored and...

That might be wishful thinking but most of this site certainly hopes so.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Well with no friends to speak of, I'm sure it would get very lonely talking to oneself all day long.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Same here. lol But, knowing how evil someone can be, we're better off....their loss.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

She's afraid of you.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “She's afraid of you.

No one should be afraid of anyone. I try and debate fairly. If I'm out of line, then I can be told. Ser does a pretty good job.

Random_Thoughts OP

It's very low when a person can't converse intelligently but has to stoop to judging a person by an avatar....in fact it's downright childish.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “It's very low when a person can't converse...

I won't lie and say I didn't see that remark offline. I did and wanted to debate that. It's when I saw I was blocked from the discussion.

Random_Thoughts OP

I've been blocked by people who have just joined and I've never said a word to them...go figure....mind you we nearly always find out they were socks down the line...the others who have blocked me, don't realize how happy they make me...

JD JD

Hell, I don't care if people block me or not. I think crap like that is childish!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Hell, I don't care if people block me or not...

Blocking is OK when it happens over a period of time. I have 11 people blocked but I have been here over 2 years. There are people who join and block at least that many (or more) without ever making a single post or comment.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Blocking is OK when it happens over a period...

That doesn't make sense. I mean......why?

Rooster Rooster

In response to “That doesn't make sense. I mean......why?

Quick blocking before even a dialogue tells me they are likely a pot stirrer with an agenda.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Quick blocking before even a dialogue tells...

They are just afraid of someone who disagrees with. Sad isn't it?

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “They are just afraid of someone who disagrees...

Sites never do well if posts become monologues instead of differing views. If someone follows you around to harass everything you say and they don't quit after pointing it out, block away.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “Sites never do well if posts become...

That has happened around here too.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I have no one blocked, but I know a few really needed to block a few for good reason. But then you get these shit stirrers that block nearly everyone that would not agree with them. Too bad there isn't a limit to that.

Random_Thoughts OP

I have been blocked by friends of someone who has blocked me even though I've never had any direct conversations with them. Their loss.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I have been blocked by friends of someone who...

We should take it as a compliment. Means they can't handle us.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “We should take it as a compliment. Means...

I guess they're showing solidarity with their friends. Like I'm going to be upset by it - NOT.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “They have friends? (hehe)

A couple.

Linnster Linnster

There are two types of beings in the Universe. Those, who dance and those, who do not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kScOgNOo_0s

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I don't think so, but can see your point. 😊

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Nope, just blocked by the same person constantly. I highly suggest they never unblock me, it's in their best interest.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Yes, that has happened to me numerous times. Though I figure if they are willing to block me based on almost no interaction, I'm not missing much. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned. I don't debate with juvenile people who balk at the first challenge to their views.

Logan Logan

In response to “Yes, that has happened to me numerous times...

Some people I do want to have a word or two with. Beats putting up posts that can't be answered.

Random_Thoughts OP

Many times, on another site that lots of us were formerly members of. Not so much on this one, although I've been blocked over even the most civil of disagreements.
I did notice that a member who has most everyone blocked, made one of their brief appearances yesterday. It is obvious, that that individual has no interest in discussing anything on their goading posts.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Many times, on another site that lots of us...

I saw your comments to that person.....when they know they can't converse intelligently with you or anyone else, then they block. They don't want to show their ignorance.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I saw your comments to that person.....when...

Well, it's been a long time since I've conversed with the person I was referring to. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever have. That individual blocks just about everyone who even remotely disagrees with them, before they have a chance to "converse". :)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Well, it's been a long time since I've...

I know, see RandomThoughts posts today....she blocked him too.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I know, see RandomThoughts posts today....she...

I was referring to a different member, Starz, one who has blocked just about everyone on the site.
I do know that there are others who tend to block at the drop of a hat. (dhat)

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I was referring to a different member, Starz...

The few I have ever been blocked by were people I never had a single conversation with. I do sense they don't really want to interact.

One was canned not too long ago. He was putting up bait posts and then accusing everyone of blocking him. Then he was telling the moderators he had no way to defend himself.

Let's face it, some people stir and then cry foul. I stir sometimes too, but won't block and complain.

Random_Thoughts OP

Let's not go down this road again. If someone blocks you, it is because they have better things to do with their time, then fight.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Let's not go down this road again. If someone...

I respectfully disagree that they don't want to fight. They DO want to fight by the very nature of their posts and comments.

I have nothing against blocking if someone is bothering you, but I think it's lame when you put up posts that beg for a debate and then block half the site.

I see this mostly with politics.

Random_Thoughts OP

In response to “I respectfully disagree that they don't want...

I don't know about that one. 'I' might want a good "fight" when I put up a thread, but others might want to just post their opinion, with no drama involved.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I don't know about that one. 'I' might want a...

Drama is not something they are trying to avoid. Just my humble opinion of course.

Random_Thoughts OP

Of course there is drama on here. You have a troll making comments like bisexuals have ** with children and pets and you have people who should know better agreeing with him. ** this.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Of course there is drama on here. You have a...

Then stay and fight those trolls, don't leave.

dru18 dru18

Yes she is right ignorant stupid comments like that have no place here no matter your personal preferences we are all human beings and deserve to be treated with dignity respect and compassion but like always there are some ignorant Neanderthals who just have be stupid and stir things up with dumb lameass comments

Metal_god14 Metal_god14