Mod Team
I might be moving to another country for a year... either this is going to be the best thing in my life, or I'm going to disappear from the surface of the Planet Earth.

SofiaprimeiroTiffaneeSynysterGatesVicZincOzSurferBubPhilboydStudgeBrianl

Nobody :)

Piper2TiffaneeOzSurferprimeiroBub

Explained by Sofia...

Do you like making big changes? Do you deal well with it? I normally don't....... Feel free to share about your experience with a big change in your life that worked for the better.

I've lived in a few different countries in my day. Not always voluntarily but some I really liked. It's not hard to change but the best advice I can give you is to try and blend in with the locals!

Rooster Rooster

Wow, that is incredible! I'm really excited to hear that.
I'm going to share an experience via PM. :)

primeiro primeiro

I think it is great. I am very happy for you. I think everyone should live in another country for at least one year. It is a wonderful experience that everyone should have. I don't know what possesses people to want to live in just one country their entire lives. I can't think of anything worse.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I think it is great. I am very happy for you...

(biggrin)

I guess people are comfortable. Making changes can also bring bad stuff with it.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “(biggrin) I guess people are comfortable...

Yours is a practical view... I'm glad you have that sensibility about you - that may help to ensure a more pleasant, safer visit :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

I did a big change when I took my family and moved from Canada to Southern California, Los Angeles for 5 years. It was definitely well worth it. No regrets!!!

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Rooster Rooster

Well, if things don't work out in North Korea.....

Freeranger Freeranger

I have felt at least little apprehensive about big changes in my life, along with the sometimes thrill of the unknown. I don't think it will necessarily be either of those scenarios, Sophia. :)

Piper2 Piper2

Cool, do it.

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Cool, do it.

I should add, some people are very ordered in nature and others are somewhat chaotic, I lean toward the very chaotic myself :)

AliceD AliceD

Congratulations on moving to Australia (biggrin). I’ll get the barbecue ready, just watch out for the killer koalas (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Congratulations on moving to Australia...

(hehe)(hehe)

I'm more worried about the kangaroos.

A little extra:
While looking for the gif, I found this one xD

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “(hehe)(hehe) I'm more worried about the...

Haha! the second one is even funnier (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I'm not good with changes....it took about three years before my husband could talk me out of moving out of my home and to a neighboring town, into a new home. But that was the best thing that ever happened.

I know you'll adjust quite well. Enjoy your new experience.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

It's something you'll always thank yourself for doing. Moving to another country is a little difficult in the beginning, but it gets better with time. I am the worst when it comes to adjusting at new places, with new people. But it's like they taught us math; the more you expose yourself to such situations, the more comfortable you feel.

ZaraZooper ZaraZooper

Tell what country and I might able to advise you before you go and maybe save yourself some grief

Brianl Brianl

In response to “London.

London. You'll be fine there. Treat it like any other big city. Be wary of those who are Too ready to help. Especially when the help it is unbidden.

Brianl Brianl