Mod Team
Better late than never <strong>right?</strong>

TomboyJanetDWFTiffaneeVicZincSofiaTrish

Sukiesnowergoproxysh9683BrianlPartyOfOne

VicZincTiffaneeSofiaPartyOfOneSukiesnow
Better late than never right?

Explained by TomboyJanet...

Well.......That took a while

How about they just merge the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, call it "The Scouts," and forget all of this stupid gender shit?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

People who didn't read my link will say: UGH GIRLS IN THE BOY SCOUTS???? THATS TOO FAR

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet OP

In response to “People who didn't read my link will say: UGH...

If they said that it might be because you led them down that path.

Budwick Budwick

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “How about they just merge the Boy Scouts and...

That would be too much like common sense.

Linnster Linnster

I don't know. The best part was having the boys be part of a different group...it made them more interesting. Having groups mixed right off the bat will miss that experience.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

I am better in an all Girls Group.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

But hang on. I thought there was Girl Scouts already?

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “But hang on. I thought there was Girl Scouts...

Apparently that is irrelevant.

Brianl Brianl

Boys in the girls scouts is a no-no why the other way arround?

ergoproxy ergoproxy

I vote, "never." Make your own damn clubhouse.

Freeranger Freeranger

I honestly don't see the point with this one. There already is a 'Girl's Scout'.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I honestly don't see the point with this one...

Exactly.......I'm willing to bet those making the decision were never IN boy scouts. It's just one more example of a certain segment of society who are out to destroy every vestige of tradition in America.

Freeranger Freeranger

The end goal is to obliterate any identification of anyone. Just workers - 1984 - a bit slow but still headed in that direction.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

The boy scouts was once a great organization. The girl scouts have had their own organization since 1911. It worked. In recent decades, some girls (or more likely, liberal activists) looked at the boy scouts and wanted their daughters to experience some of what the boys were doing. Instead of changing/expanding the girls organization, they thought it would be easier to just take over and destroy something that was already working.
This is just another example of a small group of progressives taking over, and destroying an established organization. It won't be long before the boy scouts, as we know it is completely gone. That's why the Mormons have started up their own version of the boy scouts.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “The boy scouts was once a great organization...

The BSA reached out to the GSUSA. as the BSA's membership has seen a significant drop in their membership after 1972 when it was then at six and a half million members and last year's was nearly two and a third million. GSUSA saw the BSA's approach to them as a surreptitious attempt to boost the Boy Scouts' membership. This information comes out of the CNN link below:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/u...oin/index.html

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “The BSA reached out to the GSUSA. as the...

And since your read it on CNN, it must be true.
Do you have a real clue why membership dropped in the 70's and continues to drop today? Cultural changes in the US. The 60's and 70's were the decades of anti establishment, and people were dropping out of many things. It continues today as many kids have other interests than they did 10 years ago, or 20 years ago, or 30 years ago. Look at today and the kids, their relationships are more based on social media than face to face. Times change.
As to GSUSA, they will be a defunct organization within a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if the BSA follows suit if they continue on the course they are on. I look at the BSA to continue to decline in numbers as parents look for viable alternatives to an organization that has become more about political correctness than looking out for the best interests of the kids. I think the Boy Scout type initiative started by the Mormon church will thrive.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

so girl guides will let boys in now too? come on. this is rediculous

sh9683 sh9683

Why would girls want to be in the boys scouts? Aren't there scouts for girls?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Why would girls want to be in the boys...

Yes there is and it doesn't make any sense and will accomplish nothing.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Like many have said, there is a boys and girls scout group already, makes no sense to have them join to together.

Wonder when women will join the NFL?

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Like many have said, there is a boys and...

When their delusions get to the point that they can actually play football against men.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “When their delusions get to the point that...

Hey look the real lunacy is that women are now in the military and are being told that they can engage in hand to hand combat against a male enemy and expect to be the victor.

Yet when That same woman leaves the military she is unable to play Golf against a man in the PGA because it wouldn't be fair.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “Hey look the real lunacy is that women are...

And her PT standards are way below the man's.
Pushups:
A 27 year old man has to do 39 in two minutes to pass
A 27 year old woman has to do 17 to pass.
2 mile run:
A woman passes with a time of 20 min 30 sec
A man passes with a time of 17 min 00 sec

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “And her PT standards are way below the man's...

Exactly my point. And it doesn't end there. I know a guy who was a Navy pilot who told me that the Navy reduces the standards to meet in their training to be a fighter pilot.

Think about that. The Navy will put the life of a woman in greater jeopardy than a man just so they can be sure to have woman as pilots

Brianl Brianl

In response to “Exactly my point. And it doesn't end there. I...

Yep, I Know what you mean. I always wondered what would happen if I got wounded and had to depend on a 120 pound woman to carry my 220 pound body out of danger.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Yep, I Know what you mean. I always...

Sorry to say you'd still be laying there.

Brianl Brianl

In response to “Sorry to say you'd still be laying there.

Bingo.
I also remember back before the start of Desert Storm when women lieutenants and captains were demanding to get staff positions in combat units. (They are ticket punch positions) Once those units started to deploy, a number of those women became pregnant and non-deployable. Coincidence?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Bingo. I also remember back before the start...

What!!! why that is so hard to believe!

Brianl Brianl

My mind snaps back to a news piece regarding sexual misconduct within the BSA - though I don't remember the particulars, it's enough to make me worry if mixing the boys and girls is a smart move.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne