Mod Team

VicZincBudwickSynysterGates
Is there a differentiation between "black supremacy" and "black power" relative to one being racist, and the other not being racist? One of the moderators assert that there is such a difference. Can anyone give an example or two of some public figures who would fall into those categories?

Explained by Howler...

One of the Amirite moderators previously stated on one of his own posts that black supremacists are racists, while black "power-ists" are not...When I replied with a question to give an example or two of any public figures who could fall into such categories so as to be able to better differentiate between the two, the question was (and still is) ignored. Anyone else want to share any examples?

Until people stop separating each other into different racial groups, it is ALL racist.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

"Not only are all racists white, but they also need to “just die,” every last one of them."
---Oprah Winfrey - Libthink, 2013

Racist

Budwick Budwick

In response to “"Not only are all racists white, but they...

She's pretty blind to her own racism.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “She's pretty blind to her own racism.

I agree Jerry. I stopped watching or listening to her long ago because everything every guest was a black person, now that isn't the way the it should be, have guests of all kinds . Plus black people are very set against anyone who isn't them, isn't that being racist too?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “I agree Jerry. I stopped watching or...

That's not it at all Lorraine. It doesn't matter what color you are.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Although I understand where you're coming from about diversity & inclusion, why is it bothersome if she decides to only have black guests? It's her show & I don't understand why the color of the guests is relevant to the quality of the show or the message. "Plus (all) black people are very set against.." You sound racist.

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist

In response to “Although I understand where you're coming...

No not me Oprah. I like and talk to everyone.

Um. Source please? This appears to be a made up quote from a Russian source.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Yes, a Russian source. Why is always a...

Thanks for proving it. Last 3 references are Russian and the third one (actual source) is a screenplay.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Thanks for proving it. Last 3 references are...

And the first one is the Washington Examiner. What's your point? That the Internet has been nearly scrubbed clean of Oprah's transgression?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “And the first one is the Washington...

The Washington examiner? Okay then.

VicZinc VicZinc

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

"The Tea Party? Defeat them the same way segregation was beaten. “It is the same group we faced in the South with those white crackers and the dogs and the police."

---Charlie Rangel

Racist

Budwick Budwick

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is raising some eyebrows with a comment he made about the U.S. territory of Guam during a House Armed Services Committee.

In a discussion regarding a planned military buildup on the Pacific island, Johnson expressed some concerns about the plans to Adm. Robert Willard, head of the U.S. Pacific fleet.

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said. Willard paused and replied, "We don't anticipate that."

NOT Racist, just stupid

Budwick Budwick

The true Islam has shown me that a blanket indictment of all white people is as wrong as when whites make blanket indictments against blacks.
Malcolm X
Not Racist

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “The true Islam has shown me that a blanket...

That sounds more like common sense than black supremacy or black power.

Budwick Budwick

Well X was the definer of Black Power.

So I guess that's why Howler is silent on this one.

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Well X was the definer of Black Power. So I...

No he was not. Black power can certainly have different applications to different black folks, but Malcolm was an unabashed black nationalist even after leaving the Nation of Islam.

And the Progressive way, as far as is evidenced as recent as this year refers to white nationalists as racists...Thus black nationalist according to Progressive rule is just a different color of collective racism.

Thanks for calling me on that one, so I could clear it up Mr. Zinc. I don't know when you posted it, but I initially noticed it just a few minutes ago.

Howler Howler OP

In response to “No he was not. Black power can certainly have...

Cool, so we agree...

"Black power can certainly have different applications to different black folks, "

End of discussion

(bye)

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Cool, so we agree... "Black power can...

No, we don't necessarily agree, even though you can still end the discussion on your part at your discretion of course.

The different applications of black power as I researched it so far still commonly support, uphold, defend those racial elements which Progressivism likes to refer to as "racist" when applied to the color "white".

The best to you Mr. Zinc.

Howler Howler OP

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Not Racist

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Love is the only force capable of...

Yeah, MLK was all about equality - a great man. He wasn't into the supremacy or power crap.

Budwick Budwick

Of course not racist Mr. Zinc.

But, it is also NOT indicative of black power, much less black supremacy (two different groups according to you, the former NOT being racist according to you, the latter BEING racist according to you).

Howler Howler OP

I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually. James A. Baldwin

Not Racist

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “I love America more than any other country in...

Baldwin was into intricacies of racial, sexual, and class distinctions - more about division, discord.

He also said "Whiteness is a dangerous concept. It is about the willful blindness used to justify white supremacy. It is about using moral rhetoric to defend exploitation, racism, mass murder, reigns of terror and the crimes of empire.

Racist

Budwick Budwick

Neither is that indicative of black power, nor black supremacy Mr. Zinc.

Howler Howler OP

I can't give you an example, I just think nobody should be supreme, all should be equal.

In response to “I can't give you an example, I just think...

Neither can the Amirite poster/moderator who initiated the first statement separating black supremacy from black power in his own post.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to....I'm just curious as to examples of each when one implies that each exist - one as not racist, the other as racist (according to him).

Howler Howler OP

To me "black power" is the same as "black pride". I don't consider racial pride to be racist. I might consider it pointless or silly in current context (same goes for "white pride") but I don't think it's racist to have pride in your race. I have pride in my ethnicity, but I don't consider my ethnicity to be superior to any other ethnicity. If I were a different ethnicity, I'd have pride in that too. The black power movement was about self-determination and was distinct from black supremacist movements like the Nation of Islam.

Logan Logan

In response to “To me "black power" is the same as...

Not to worry Logan. They got you covered too. I believe they might accuse you of 'white privilege'.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Not to worry Logan. They got you covered...

Isn't the going Progressive rule that if an otherwise perceived "non-racist" supports, upholds, ignores, etc., that element of society commonly known to be "racist", then the otherwise perceived "non-racist" is also a de facto racist?

Howler Howler OP

In response to “Isn't the going Progressive rule that if an...

Uhmm, your question seems a lot smarter than I am.

...Yes?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Uhmm, your question seems a lot smarter than...

I would tend to agree...So, if mere "non-racist", black power-ists, priders, etc., e.g. Jeremiah Wright, Eric Holder, Barack and Michelle Obama (just to name a few), have a favorable association with, uphold, fail to condemn, ignore actions, ignore hostile speeches, etc., of Louis Farrakhan who leads the Nation of Islam (black supremacists, i.e., racists), then according to Progressivism's own rule mentioned above...would that not justify the "racists" label for such black, allegedly "non-racist", black priders?

Howler Howler OP

In response to “I would tend to agree...So, if mere...

Took the words right out of my mouth! But then, I'm just a 'typical white male, clinging to my religion and guns', so what would I know?

Great post Howler. I hope more come to play later.

Budwick Budwick

Supremists believe that they are better than others and can have undertones of racism while I see black power as the pride of finding the power within one's own culture or heritage. Black power can be the same as someone's pride in being gay, or pride in their football team winning. Huge difference IMO. I have no examples of black supremist public figures, but it would be similar to blatant racism vs blank power which is personal empowerment in your own skin, embracing & loving yourself and where you come from

TheVibeAlchemist TheVibeAlchemist

“Black Supremacy” kind of ended with the Pharohs. “Black Power” shall eventually occur once we figure out how to manipulate “Dark Matter”. At that point the only people left on Earth will be Chinese. So it doesn’t really matter. :)

DW2 DW2