Is there an objective, factual, straightforward, blunt, unvarnished reason and/or motive to open up the Boy Scouts of America to girls?
  • Post Of The Day on Oct 17th 2017

Yes

DW2BozetteJustJimColoBub

No

JDsh9683LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Other

DandyDonBrianl

DandyDonSukiesnowBubshinrin

It will simply defeat the purpose of the name "Boy scouts" it's like letting boys in the girl's bathroom. Either have just boys in the boy scouts of simply make it just scouts.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

The membership in the Boy Scouts is dwindling. Inviting the girls to join them will likely boost their numbers.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “The membership in the Boy Scouts is...

Probably true, Boys will have to face it the girls will be better than them .

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Probably true, Boys will have to face it the...

They may or they may not, but I don't see any reason not to give the girls a shot at trying.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “They may or they may not, but I don't see any...

girl guides ring a bell? there are programs that teach the same thing designed for girls.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “girl guides ring a bell? there are programs...

Is there an equivalent to an Eagle Scout in the Girl Scouts?

Linnster Linnster

In response to “Is there an equivalent to an Eagle Scout in...

yes they have there awards, from the quick search i did on google. stop looking for sexism where it DOES NOT exist. women get equal even more rights in today;s society to men. your attempt to make it seem like women are hard done by is failing.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “yes they have there awards, from the quick...

All I did was ask a question. I'm not looking for sexism where it doesn't exist. Only a man would claim that women are treated equally. Any statistics you can find about equal pay for equal work will prove that.

Linnster Linnster

I just dont know.
I was a brownie for two minutes, when i was little. When i realized that all we were going to do was sew and bake, we didnt go outside, there would be no camping, i quit. But that was a very long time ago.
There is already a girlscouts. If they need to broaden their activities, they should.
I think...and i may be alone amongst my compadres, that they should remain separate.
Open up the girlscouts to be more adventurous, for those girls wanting those adventures.
Allowing gay kids in, that i am all about.
Other than that....leave it alone.
They also could start a third group...scouts.
If the others die, then, there is the answer.

Carla Carla

In response to “I just dont know. I was a brownie for two...

Wow, we camped and did lots of things that weren't baking (which I never recall doing) and sewing. I made it through brownies and one year of girl scouts, but I quit because I really just am not a joiner... I only stayed in because I had a crush on the son of the co-leader. ..who I just realized bore a remarkable resemblance to my husband. Huh.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Wow, we camped and did lots of things that...

I went for about 6 weeks. We gathered at a couple of homes of other members. I was quite young. But..sewing, i cant remember what and baking were it.
I suppose it depended on who the leaders were.
1966, maybe?

Carla Carla

In response to “I went for about 6 weeks. We gathered at a...

I didn't even do sewing until after Brownies, in GS. We met at the leader's houses, too (cute son (hello)), but we spent a lot of time outside. Most of our badge work was on our own.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I didn't even do sewing until after Brownies...

I left way before badges were involved.
I hated everything about it all. Including wearing that skirt/dress (cant remember, except i hated it:[) when i wasnt in school.
I much preferred riding my horse and playing in the woods.
Joining was also not one of my gigs. I only went at the urging of my mother. She was very okay with my quitting, though. She knew.

Carla Carla

In response to “I left way before badges were involved. I...

My mom didn't say anything either. I never cared for it at all... except Scott... Lol

Bozette Bozette

In response to “My mom didn't say anything either. I never...

Ahh, yes...scott;)

Carla Carla

In response to “Ahh, yes...scott;)

(biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

It's silly. Boys and girls have more fun when they are younger by being separated for periods of time.

It was stressful enough going to an integrated school...there are some things that are better done with a similar group...and then later getting together for parties.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It will simply defeat the purpose of the...

They should call it Boy and Girl Scouts of America. There can be all the different things that both groups teach available to those who want to join those groups. There are a lot of girls who like doing the outdoor things the boys do and it wouldn't hurt boys to learn how to cook something or sew on a button.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “They should call it Boy and Girl Scouts of...

Those are definitely useful skills to learn, and if the interest is so low like you said then it makes sense just to merge the two scout organizations.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

That, linn, is the best idea:)

Carla Carla

In response to “That, linn, is the best idea:)

Thank you.

Linnster Linnster

They have a Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts. Why mix them, what purpose will it serve? None.

I'm waiting for someone to suggest that women should play in the NFL. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “They have a Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts. Why...

That's where sexual dimorphism kicks in, men and women are not the same in the physical regard. That's why you don't see olympians male and female compete together.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Narrowing the differences between the sexes is nothing new but it has been amplified of late.For example Washington state has advanced legislation to make terms formerly gender specific to non gender specific ie; statesman to statesperson mailman to mail person,families not labeling their children as male or female,in lieu of letting the child decide.There is a force at work to tweek the natural to the unnatural and it's aimed right at the next generation of men and women.In time looking the same wont be enough you will think the same too that is where this poppycock is headed.

shinrin shinrin

Declining enrollment.

Bozette Bozette

I was in the scouts for years, but the things we got up to and sharing tents would not be the same with girls aboard....I think they could be under the same leadership, but separate under activities...

JD JD

Not sure but i'm seeing more work for lawyers in the not so distant future..

DandyDon DandyDon

To tear it down. A lot of their focus is on God, Country and loyalty. What is there not to hate about a group like that by progressives?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Boys like girls.. DUH! :)

DW2 DW2

For the further destruction of anything iconically American.

Brianl Brianl

It's the 21st Century. Life progresses...

Bub Bub

In response to “It's the 21st Century. Life //progresses//...

or regresses like what it is doing right now

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “or regresses like what it is doing right now

Regressing means going back to what it once was. Like when women weren't allowed to vote and blacks weren't allowed to do anything.

Bub Bub

In response to “Regressing means going back to what it once...

USA has regressed so far back it is back to the downfall or rome. with its sexual immorality, (yes that is a huge reason why rome fell), thinking they rule the world and think they can invade any country they want. so yes, USA is REGRESSING, NOT progressing.

sh9683 sh9683

In response to “USA has regressed so far back it is back to...

Mine eyes have seen the truth! Thanks sh...

Bub Bub

there is an objective alright, and its not good. let boy scouts be for boys ONLY and girl guides for girls only, PERIOD! liberals need to learn how to keep their beliefs to their selves, it is destructive

sh9683 sh9683